Rainbows and Cupcakes vs. Gunshots and Pills

Mixed Intuitions

Chloe's POV+

Frank, Bob, and I were inside Bob's car, on the highway to downtown. Frank was playing with our hands; intertwining and twiddling his fingers between mine. I leaned onto his shoulder and got myself as comfortable as I could on the bumpy innerstate. He smelled of sweet candy, smokey air, and wintergreen mints. It was a definite weird mixture in my nostrils, but I found it homey at the same time. I also found myself missing the smell of another boy I knew so well from hugging so many times.

I sighed and schooched in closer to Frankie. He pulled our hands apart and wrapped his arm around my shoulders; taking my hand into his other small, bony, yet masculine hand. I stared at his tattoos and lost myself in the trance it left me in. The colors were warm and cold, stirring all the emotions within me. I felt like something was wrong.

"Hey, are you okay Chloe?" Frank asked softly to not bother Bob driving.

"I just got this feeling like something's wrong," I frowned at my sudden sadness.

"Oh," Frank unwrapped us and folded his hands into his lap.

"No," I muttered quickly, stealing his hand back into mine, "it's not you; just I guess this feeling usually when something bad has happened."

"What, are you psychic? That's pretty cool," Frank returned to his usual comfort and wrapped his arm around me again, smiling sweetly.

"I think it's more like intuition. Something's wrong with Els or I'm insane," I turned uncomfortably so my back was against Frank's body.

"We're here," Bob spoke loudly and pulled off the highway and into the busy streets of Chicago.

We were so lucky to find ourselves a parking spot. I stepped out as the CTA rushed above us rapidly. My hair caught the sudden gust of wind. I pulled it back and brought my hood up. I grabbed Frank's hand and off we went to the music store Bob knew of.

"I only know it because I work here, so you know," Robert spoke softly as he pushed the door open, "so you two will need to take the El back to Jefferson Park and then take the Metra to the stop in Wilmette."

"Thanks, I'll take you home then Chloe," Frank grinned happily.

"What a gentleman you are," I giggled.

We then split; Bob going in the back to start his shift, Frank taking one side to surf and me taking the other side. I was concentrating on the bands I was looking at, but I couldn't focus. Something was definitely wrong. When you've spent your life basically on the life force of another person for so long, as Ellie and I have, you get this feeling too. I wasn't sure at all.

"Hello?"

"Oh, sorry Frankie..." I muttered as I saw him waving a hand in my face.

"Are you sure you're okay? Do you want to call her, just in case?" he asked, fully concerned with my behavior.

"Can I? I'm sorry, but I just want to be reassured," I rubbed my temple in distress.

"Yeah sure, I'm sure Bob's got a phone back there."

We went into the back and I pulled the phone off the register and started dialling the one number I knew by heart.

"I need to call Patrick because he's with her and she doesn't have a phone," I told him.

"That's cool, as long as you know she's safe," I rubbed the side of my face to calm me.

"Hello? Who is this?" Patrick said quickly and full of panic.

"Patrick? This is Chloe? Are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows at his tone.

"Oh Chloe.... it's Ellie and Pete, they got into this accident and I just called the ambulance---"

I had dropped the phone in terror by what he said.

"Chloe? Chloe, what's wrong?" Frank grabbed my shoulders and squared me in front of him.

I couldn't speak, I was just too absorbed in Patrick's words. I was right, I knew it, she was hurt, what if she was dying? What was going on?

"Hello? Patrick? It's Frank Iero. Yeah, we're downtown... what's wrong?" Frank asked with urgency, "No.... oh..... Yeah, she's not taking it well... Yeah, I'll get her back as soon as possible... oh well that's a relief in a way... heheheh, yes... alright, bye."

Next I knew, Frank was speaking in a spew to Bob and rushing me out the door and towards the El trainstop. He dragged me up the stairs and paid for us. Before I could register, we were already halfway to Jef. Park and he was holding me tightly to himself.

"You know, she's going to be okay... Peter saved her before she could get hit. He got the most damage; broken arm the paramedics said. She's gonna be okay, Chloe," he spoke, muffled in my hair as he cooed his sweet offer of reassurance. He definitely was a good man. Pangs of guilt and reality hit me at that moment; I know Patrick would have done the same thing. I also would be there with the three of them. I wouldn't be so far away and worrying extremely. I would be able to see that she was alright, that she was still alive. I just couldn't believe Frank til I saw her looking straight at me. That little crazy girl has been my best friend; my foster sister, ever since we were tiny things playing with dirt in our backyards.

"Where are they at?" I asked quietly, not trusting my broken voice.

"In Evanston; at the hospital," he responded and nuzzled his face back into my hair. He was tired. I could feel his breathing become heavy with sleep.

"When did you go to sleep?" I tried to change the subject.

"Very very late; maybe even very very early; this morning?" his breath tickled my neck.

"You're like Ellie; you can't sleep right. She has ensomnia," I leaned my head on his and closed my eyes, "Oh, Els..."

"She's gonna be fine, Chloe; Pete saved her," Frank hugged my body closer to make himself comfortable. He was definitely falling asleep.

"Are you gonna be fine?" I asked as he drifted off.

"Hmm? Whadda ya mean?" he muttered softly.

"What if this thing doesn't work like it should..." I trailed, letting our imaginations wander.

"Patrick..." he sighed.

"Mmmmyeah..." I frowned thinking about him.

"I say we ride it out, see if you still think so after a while," he carressed his lips on my neck, his lip ring surprising me with its cool touch, "I'm not so bad; I'm pretty smart and I think highly of you already. You're pretty kickass. Besides, I think I can take on Patrick."

"He's a sweetheart, he wouldn't do anything I wouldn't want done," I moved my head so our noses were touching.

"If you don't want me to, I won't either," he smirked and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get to Jef. Park."
♠ ♠ ♠
You try living through block scheduling. It's major pain and agony.... >>

I hope you enjoy this, I know, it's a filler, but the story will make progress once I find time to actually WRITE. I have so many stories, it's freaking me out. XD

Hearts in Shopping Carts.