KuroShiritsutantei

One.

“Sebastian.” His soft, low voice, low for a boy his age, spoke over the steaming cup of Earl Grey that was poised in his delicate fingers. “I want you to bring me someone.” He said before taking a sip of his tea and placing it back down on the desk. “I want you to bring me a man called Sherlock Holmes.” His gaze shifted up to his butler, who waited a moment before uttering his usual, snippy line in his calm, tenor voice:

“Yes, my Lord.”

***

Ciel Phantomhive once again looked over his tea-cup, but at a more compatible foe than his own butler. “You, he stated, knowing that he looked rather non-daunting to the capable man that sat across from him in his own mansion. He glanced once up at his butler who stood at his side. “Sebastian,” He said, motioning his index finger for the black haired demon (without taking his eyes off the dark haired human male in front of him) to lean down so that Ciel could whisper to him without the detective hearing. “Are you sure this is the man?”

Sebastian’s lips curved up into his v-shaped smile. “Yes,” He said again, and with a slight pause that could have been just mere hesitation to what should be said in front of the man called Holmes. “My Lord.” He finished with a tone that completely dismissed his hesitance. Ciel had to reward him later, the butler picked up easily on situations that he hesitated in.

Ciel turned back to the man that was supposedly Sherlock Holmes, for the first time ever in the two years that he had known the demon, doubting his butler. He had not thought that the man would be so easy to locate and catch, but then again, he had given Sebastian an order. “You are Holmes?”

The man nodded, and somehow he made the gesture cocky, made it worth listening to. “Yes, yes I am.” He said, nodding his head. “And I take it you’re the Phantomhive boy?”

That caught Ciel off guard. This man was not supposed to know anything about him until the minute they met. “How do you know that?” He asked, his one visible eye gazing over the man warily. “You were not supposed to know of me until we met.”

“Intensive knowledge Lord Phantomhive.” Sherlock Holmes stated, nodding his head once. He crossed one leg over the other cockily, a gesture that irked Ciel some. “I’ve come to know all the nobles names, well, the ones that employ me anyway.” He nodded again and shifted around in the seat so that he was leaning one elbow on the uncomfortable armrest and the other palm on his knee, irking Ciel far more than before. “I’ve learned your name however, from your ring,” He pointed to the blue diamond that nestled itself rightfully on Ciel’s left thumb. “Your crest,” He pointed to the tapestry that hung behind the desk on the grand window facing out to the Phantomhive garden. “Your single, mastering, butler,” He motioned to Sebastian. “And your age.” He made a gesture that irked Ciel to his limits, the man had the audacity to hold his hand palm down about one foot over the desk, giving the impression that Ciel was a small child.

Even if I am a small child, Ciel thought to himself, resisting the urging temptation to tell Sebastian to move forward and drink the soul from well known detective. There is no second guessing that I far surpass even your skills, Sherlock Holmes. But even Ciel, master of his emotions and expressions, could not hide the fact that he was irritated by the much older detective.

“Let’s get down to business Holmes.” Ciel stated, leaning forward in his seat, his eyes glaring at Holmes from over tipped fingers.

“The fun part,” The man stated, imitating Ciel’s posture but to a more mature extent, gazing at the boy over his own fingers even though he knew that there was no further irritating of the young Earl. This was truly what he had been taken for, his business in the detective field.

“You’re aware of the killings of the five women so far?” Earl of Phantomhive asked, his young eyebrow shooting upward, giving him the look of someone far more experienced than his age detailed. The man before him may have irked Ciel to a point where his aggravation was getting the better of him, but business had to be done, and the Phantomhive could not take care of it all. “Have you heard of Jack the Ripper?
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the lacking skill in writing the great Sherlock Holmes. He's loosely based on RDJ's version of him, but I couldn't be too sure. I'd hoped that this would turn out better than it had, but it's got some more to go. I'm sorry if Holmes is a tad... off, as I had implied, I have not read the books but only seen the movie. My apologies, again. Watson will be turning up sooner or later I guess, if I can. Thank you for reading if you are, and if you've not yet read/watched the anime KuroShitsuji, then I suggest that you either do so, or look up images. <333