Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Ten

I have no idea what to wear! I barley packed anything and the things I did pack were, well, I don’t know, boring.

Brendon never told me if this was formal or casual, or an in between dinner. I found some khaki pants. Well they were more like regular jeans, with the tight fit and slight flare at the bottom, but I decided on a dark wash pair of skinny jeans that looked acceptable.
For a shirt I pulled out a fitting, but nice, dark purple shirt with little puffs on the sleeve. The V-neck plunged a little too low for my liking so I layered a lace camisole under it.

I took one last look in the mirror as Brendon walked in the room. (I always left the door open so he and the others could get in without a key, according to them, they thought I did it so I didn’t have to remember my room key. Psh!)

“Ready? I start--. Whoa. You look amazing,” Brendon just stood there with his hand on the door handle staring at me. I was actually a little embarrassed, and I blushed, and that make Brendon smile.

I quick covered up the soon to be awkwardness with my witty sarcasm, “Wow, you haven’t seen me in a dress yet. God, am I gorgeous.”

I laughed at my own joke and Brendon rolled his eyes at me, “Come on Miss Can’t-Get-Enough-Of-Herself.”

I laughed and went over to my suitcase and got my silver flats and spotted a thick silver belt that I thought would go nicely, and put them on.

Brendon exhaled dramatically. I gave him a joking glare. I ran over to my bed quick to grab my jacket and headed towards the door.

“After you milady”

“Thanks, oh wait!” I stepped back inside the room and ran over to the dresser where the TV was sitting and looked for my ring. Brendon let out a loud dramatic sigh. I gave him an apologetic smile and ran to the bathroom and grabbed my silver ring that Hayley gave me, I rarely ever took it off.

“Okay! I’m ready,” I declared proudly.

“Finally! I seriously--”

“Woops!” I stopped the door from closing with my hand and shoved it open and ran over to my nightstand to grab my room key, “Don’t want to forget this sucker!”

“Jesus lady! How much shit do you need!?”

“I’m coming, I’m coming.”

“Hmm… I might make you take the elevator now since we are late.”

“Not funny Urie,” I shoved him up against the wall and ran away from him towards the stairwell giggling. But I wasn’t fast enough, Brendon caught up and picked me up by the waist and held me upside down. I have no idea how he can do that, I’m almost as tall as him!

“Now whatchya gonna do! Huh? Huh?”

“Um hang here?”

“I’ll let you down if you repeat after me, I, Emily Nichols, declare all my love towards Brendon Urie.”

“I, Emily Nichols, declare all my love to towards Brendon Urie.”

“Because he is the sexiest man ever, and he deserves some lovin’”

“Because he is the sexiest man ever, and he deserves some lovin’…”

Brendon smiled at himself and took the things I said, against my will, as compliments. He set me up right and I ran towards the stairs and added on to my ‘oath’, “From a pregnant beagle!!!”

Brendon pouted his lips and trudged after me, being defeated.

---

I was actually really nervous to meet Brendon’s family, he told me about them on the car ride. He said they were very strict and kicked him out and he had no place to stay, because he didn’t have the same values as them.
He explained how they used to hate their band and how they never supported it but now they do and welcome him and the band with open arms.

I thought they sounded like hypocrites of themselves.

We arrived at the house and I greeted his family.

Mrs. Urie was very kind. Instead of giving me a warm smile or handshake as a hello, she grabbed me and took me into an embrace. I see where Brendon gets all his affection from.

Mr. Urie was a proper man, at the table he was polite and you could tell he was definitely the man of the house.

None of Brendon’s other sibling could make it except his older sister Kara. I really liked her, she reminded me of Brendon. They smiled the same and had the same deep brown eyes like their mother. And although Brendon’s lips were a little bigger, hers were plump too, just like their fathers.

She and Brendon told funny stories the whole evening, because of course, they had the same sense of humor, and entertained us all night.

“So tell me dear, what is your family like?” I think Mrs. Urie felt guilty because her kids were the ones doing all the talking, which was fine with me.

Once she asked me that, the mashed potatoes I had spooned into my mouth grew lumpy and I almost choked as they went down.

Brendon tried to interrupt but I cut him off, “Um well, I haven’t talked to my dad for a long while, but uh, my, my mom, she uh umm. She is good. I think. I haven’t really been home,” I admitted, “I have been out in Vegas for a while now.”

“Oh, I see.” She noticed my discomfort on the subject and turned it to a hopefully better subject, but it was even worse. “So do you have any brothers or sisters?”

I choked on my own spit as it went down my throat, but covered it up with a cough, “I uh, don’t have any siblings. I am an only child,” I finished up quickly

Mrs. Urie was opening her mouth to comment on the subject when Brendon cut in, “Mom, this meal was delicious! It’s so nice to be home.”

“Well thank you Brendon dear.” Forgetting the previous subject, she started rambling on about the events that had happened over the past months while he was away touring. I shot Brendon ‘You’re a life saver’ glance and he smiled back at me. Not a toothy grin, but a sincere grin where most of his emotion showed through his deep brown eyes.

After dinner we talked more and had pie on the back porch and watched sunset. It was a very nice night and I was happy I decided to come. I thanked the Urie’s and promised them I would come visit soon and hopped in the passenger’s seat of Bren’s car.

--

“Well, what should we do? The night is still young!” Brendon kept his eyes focused on the road but kept up the conversation between us the whole ride.

“Whatever, I’m pooped, but I will definitely go anywhere to chill.”

“We can just go back to the hotel and chill-ax there. Kay?”

“Sounds good homie!” Imitating his failure at being G.

---

“HAHA! You have never flown a kite before!!!?”

Brendon popped popcorn in his mouth but soon choked as he laughed his ass off.
I blushed and then grabbed the pillow beside me and chucked it at his head, “Shut up Urie. Some people aren’t easily entertained.

“How would you know if it entertained you or not? You’ve never done it! Bahaha.”

“Well you asked me to tell you a weird fact about myself and I did! Stop making fun of me, you meanie butt!” I crossed my arms across my chest and pouted my lips at him.

He finished his laugh with a quick chuckle and cleared his throat, “Okay, well what something else?”

I tilted my head slightly and looked into the open air trying to think of something interesting about myself. We have been playing this game for a while now. It started out with simple facts like, our favorite colors, movies, actors, and so forth. Man! My life isn’t very interesting I guess. I can’t think of anything.

“Well…,” I pondered a bit longer and Brendon was getting impatient, “I can’t whistle.”

“You’re kidding right?”

“Nope, I’m totally serious. I can’t whistle for shit.”

“Well you’re going to have to learn! I’ll teach you. I am the master! I taught Pete how to whistle!” He started whistling a tune.

“Yeah sure,”

“I’m totally serious! Okay, um, I have been to every state in the U.S. except North Dakota.”

“Wow! Lucky! That’s practically the only state I have been to!” I laughed at myself. It was true, I grew up in Minnesota and the only states I ever saw were South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. Lame, yes, I know.
“If I could have my dream meals for one day, for breakfast I would have French toast layered with a thick layer of peanut butter with an apple (because they are delish!) And Yo-J. But only the orange cream kind of Yo-J. That’s stuff the bomb! For lunch, I would have macaroni and cheese. The SpongeBob kind! Cause those are the best. Then probably have a salad with that because they are cool and a juice box. Then for supper I would have breadsticks with spaghetti on the side, plus a juice box. Then for snack I would have a bowl of Froot Loops and then a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.”

Brendon was sitting still just staring at me and blinking.

“What’s Yo-J?”

“Are you kidding me right now? You have never had Yo-J!!?”

“Jeez, calm down. And no, I have not.”

I got up from the couch and grabbed Brendon’s keys of the counter and threw it at him, “Drive.”

“Whah?”

“We goin ta get us some Yo-J foo!”