Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Twentyfive

Chris was great. It was so nice to have another girl in our group of friends, and the minute I introduced Chris to everybody, they fell in love with her.

Chris wasn’t like me or Hayley though, but in a good way. She was quieter, and she didn’t ask questions. She didn’t need to be in on the conversation, if she came halfway through a story she would just listen to the last part.

She soaked up information and I could almost see the wheels in her head turning. She was so deep and thoughtful and her eyes gave away her every emotion. I could tell when she was scared, nervous or happy.

Because Chris was more contained than the rest of us, she didn’t ask about the boys. It was until the third day after I had met her that she asked about them.

“I’ll see you later, Hayls,” said Ryan as he left our apartment.

“Bye, Ry,” Hayley said as she sat down on the couch next to Chris, who was watching TV with me.

Chris followed Ryan’s every move as he left the apartment, she even stared at the closed door after he had left for a couple moments.

“Okay Chris, I’m just going to put this out there,” Hayley started, “I understand if you’re crushing on my boyfriend, but it’s just a little creepy that you follow his every move. Even I don’t do that. I’m not mad that you like him, but just don’t be obsessive, okay?”

Chris just looked at her with eyes boggled. “You think I’m crushing on Ryan?” she asked surprised.

“Well yeah…”

“It is pretty obvious, Chris,” I put in. Chris looked taken aback.

“I-I don’t like him, Hayley, he just looks really familiar. I mean, all of them do! It’s creepy. The day I met Brendon on the beach, he looked vaguely familiar, but then later that day when I met Spencer, Ryan and Jon, it was like déjà vu!”

Hayley and I just laughed, and then explained that the boys were in Panic at the Disco.


“Anyone here?” I heard as I worked on cooking macaroni and cheese in the kitchen.

“In the kitchen!” I yelled back. Haley and Cassie entered in the kitchen moments later. Cassie and Haley were awesome, I had so much fun talking to them and spending time with them. I only wished they could stay in Vegas forever with us.

“Hey! We brought juice!” Haley said and held the gallon of Fruit Punch above her head.

“Awesome! I’ll put some more noodles on.”

“Hello?” I heard from the other room.

“In here!” I yelled again.

“What up guys?” Ryan said as he entered the kitchen. He took a seat at the little table and pulled out his phone to start texting someone.

“Hayley gets off at two, right?” Cassie asked. I nodded my head yes. “Cool, cause we should call up Chris and we can all five go to a movie or something?”

“Definitely!” I picked up my phone and texted Chris to come over. It was nice having Chris around when Hayley was at work during the day. She had classes in the early morning, but other than that she was usually available for me to talk to during the day and keep me entertained when Brendon was busy with the band, which seemed to be more often lately.

About ten minutes later Chris arrived, followed by Jon.

“Shit, I didn’t know you were throwing a party Emily, I would have brought chips!” Jon said as he took off his shoes.

“En-ily?” Hayley called as she walked through kitchen archway, “I saw the cutest shoes today-- Oh, hello everyone!” She looked around at all the faces; Jon, Haley, Chris, Ryan and Cassie were all squished into our little kitchen. “Where’s Brendon and Spencer?” she asked.

“I think Spencer said they were at Bren’s house,” Haley answered as Ryan gave Hayley a kiss hello.

“Not anymore!” Brendon’s voice thundered through the apartment and he and Spencer walked in the kitchen. He had a smiled plastered to his face as he squeezed past Haley and Spencer to make his way over to me.

I was at the stove stirring the noodles and he hugged me from behind. “I don’t think one box will be enough,” he whispered in my ear and his breath tickled my neck.

“It won’t now that you are here,” I said back, referring to his giant stomach.

“Hey, no secrets!” Jon whined.

“Fine! I was just telling her about the crazy sex fantasy we are going to act out tonight. If you want to know it involved some chocolate syrup, rope, and--”

“La la la!” Chris sang as she covered her ears, “I don’t want to know!”

I threw my head back, laughed, and then flung some noodles at him.

After making many boxes of Macaroni and Cheese, everyone spread out among the house. Ryan, Jon and Haley went to the dining table and went on the computer. Hayley, Brendon, me and Spencer sat and watched TV, and Cassie and Chris were in the kitchen talking.

Soon everyone was getting bored of hanging out and texting. Brendon turned off the TV and went over to the stereo and turned it on.

Chris’s POV

It was almost four thirty and all of us were pretty bored. We were too lazy to go out and do something, but there was nothing to do indoors. Everyone was over, I wasn’t sure if this happened all the time, but I sure enjoyed it.

I was talking to Ryan. He was in a pair or blue jeans and a button down shirt with his long shaggy hair held back with a bandana. We were leaning up against the outside kitchen wall talking about touring and what it’s like.

“Hey,” Hayley greeted as she walked up to us.

“Hey Hay,” I said and laughed at my own joke. Ryan put his arm around her shoulders. Somehow Jon had fallen asleep in a corner all by his lonesome, I didn’t even want to know. I thought it was cool how everyone was so laid back and did whatever, it was so different than what I was used to. Spencer and Cassie were in the living room with Brendon and Emily, who were talking up a storm.

All of a sudden they burst into a thunderous laughter, causing me to jump at the sudden noise. After a couple more laughs, the laughter died down.

“What up with him?” I pointed in the living room where both Emily and Brendon were still cracking up from the joke Spencer had made. Cassie and Spencer were just sitting there, realizing the joke wasn’t funny anymore.

“Oh Brendon?” Ryan asked. I nodded. “Oh yeah. Uh, well you see. Brendon has, uh, well I’ll just say it. He has ADHD. So he can be kinda crazy sometimes. You learn to deal.”

I made an ‘o’ with my mouth, I didn’t need to know more.

Hayley looked at him like he was crazy. “Uh, no? Emily had ADHD,” she stated like Ryan was dumb and didn’t know what he was talking about. “She gets super hyper sometimes and it takes a lot to calm her down.”

“What?” Ryan turned to Hayley. I just shrunk out of the way a little and watched them as they had their little bicker.

“No, Emily isn’t anything compared to Brendon,” Ryan stated, as if it was a contest. “I haven’t seen Emily get that out of control, like Bren.”

“True,” Hayley drew out, “but she used to be super bad. But as she’s getting older, she’s growing out of it. But still, it will probably never go away for her completely,” she added the last part in quick, to keep the debate going.

“That’s so weird... I guess they were just destined to be together…” Ryan said, and they both got lost in trances as they thought about how ironic it was that Emily and Brendon had so much in common.

“Anyways,” Ryan said as he snapped out of it and turned back to me. “That’s why they both get crazy sometimes.”

“You just sort of have to ignore it,” Hayley chimed in.

“Right,” I said uneasily. I pushed my back off the wall and started to leave, as I left I heard Ryan and Hayley discussing all the things about ADHD and the ‘perfect couple.’

I walked into the living room and took a seat in between Cassie and Spencer. I watched as Brendon pulled Emily up from the couch when Twist and Shout by The Beatles came on.

Well, shake it up baby now
Twist and shout
Come on, come on, come, come on baby now
Come on and work it on out
Well work it on out, honey
You know you look so good
You know you got me goin' now
Just like I know you would


They were dancing and shaking and then Brendon took Emily’s hands and pulled her on his feet.

Well, shake it up baby now
Twist and shout
Come on, come on, come, come on baby now
Come on and work it on out
You know you twist, little girl
You know you twist so fine
Come on and twist a little closer now
And let me know that you're mine, woo


Brendon was still dancing Emily around on his feet, turning, twisting and waltzing around the living room. Once in while he would do a dip, or spin her around. The whole time Emily had a smile plastered to her face, as well as Brendon, and she laughed the whole time. It was picture perfect.

Ah, ah, ah, ah
Yeah, shake it up baby now
Twist and shout
Come on, come on, come, come on baby now
Come on and work it on out
You know you twist, little girl
You know you twist so fine
Come on and twist a little closer now
And let me know that you're mine
Well shake it, shake it, shake it, baby now
Well shake it, shake it, shake it, baby now
Well shake it, shake it, shake it, baby now
Ah, ah, ah, ah


The song ended and they shared a short passionate kiss while Spencer and Ryan made stupid cat calls at them, but they just kept smiling and looking admiringly into each other’s eyes. It actually made me want some sort of relationship with a stupid-ass boy.

I had to admit, they were perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Twist and Shout is such an awesome song!