Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Three

Clunck
Clunck
.....
Clunck

The past two hours have been like this. Me. Sitting on my hotel bed. Throwing a ball at the wall.

Of course, Hayley wont stop talking about Ryan, and how amazing he is, and how when he smiles he blah blah blah.

I stopped listening after the first 20 minutes. Of course, I tried to be the friend who is all into gossip and boyfriends and the usual crap. And I usually am. But Jon was really bugging me.

I couldn't even guess where I had seen him before! And it was torturing me!
I started running through all the possibilities.
“Emily?!”

I was interrupted once again.

“Yeah?” I asked, getting annoyed.

“Are you even listening? Come on, you usually love this stuff! What’s up?”

“Uh…nothing.”

“Don’t even say “nothing”! I’m your best friend; I can tell when something is bothering you.” She stood up on the bed with an oversized shirt and just her undies, showing off her tanned legs, threatening me with a pillow. I had to crack a smile.

I started to giggle as she lunged at me. I jumped from the bed I was sitting on to the other bed a couple feet away. I let out a big “OOF” as she landed right on top of me, smacking me with the pillow.

After, we both sat up and the serious atmosphere returned again. Hayley gave me “the eye” and I knew I had to tell.

“Hhhh, okay. You know Jon? From today at breakfast?”

“Yeah! My little Ems is crushing on little Jonny Boy?!”

“Hell. No.” She raised her eyebrow at me in disbelief, but I continued. “Well I know you are going to say I am just being paranoid, but I know I’m not. I swear! I know him from somewhere. And it’s not just I’ve seen him around, it’s like I feel like actually knew him.”

“That is weird…” She sat crossed legged across from and started picking at her purple nail polish, trying to a hide a smug grin, “I-I don’t know what to say accept that…You’re just being paranoid!”

Her smug grin finally showed through, but it soon washed away as a huge, fluffy pillow cam flying at her face.

Jon’s POV

“Dude! Wake up!!”

“I’m not sleeping!!” I screamed in Spencer’s ear.

His face scrunched from the noise and he raised his hands in innocence. “Wow. Okay! You’re not.” He walked over to the fridge and took out a bottle water. Just as he opened it, Brendon came skipping/shuffling out of the bathroom. He eyed Spencer, and as soon as Spencer put the bottle up to his mouth, Brendon tapped the bottom of the bottle, causing three things:

One, the bottle, before falling to the floor, splashed all up in Spencer’s face.
Two, after the bottle, half spilled on Spencer’s face, fell to the ground, leaving the other half on the floor.
And three, Spencer was pissed.

Ryan burst out laughing from his position at the window and set down his guitar. He spotted a lone towel on the floor and threw it at Spencer’s head.

Brendon was in hysterics. He threw his head back and screeched and slapped his knee uncontrollably.

I didn’t laugh. I cracked a smile, but I didn’t laugh. I just couldn’t find the humor; something had been distracting me all day.

Emily.

I couldn’t figure out how I had known her?! I felt like we had this keep connection, the connection was full of hate and jealously though.

“Dude. What is with you?!” Brendon persisted, moving his face inches from mine. “Did you no just see what I did?! I got Spence!”

I inhaled deeply, “Yeah man, I saw.”

“Hey Ry! Add a mark to my tally of “gotchyas”!” Brendon yelled to Ryan, who was now in the bathroom throwing away the bottle and launching more towels at Spencer’s face. Spencer was forces to stand there and swat them away like flies as they were coming at him so fast.

“Hey Spence?” I asked.

“Yeah?!” he replied, annoyance think on his tongue.

“You know that girl? At breakfast this morning? Emily?”

“Yeah?” he urged me on.

“Well, don’t you feel like you know her from somewhere?” I asked again shyly.

“Uh, well yeah kina. I met her earlier and I hel--”

“Oh ho ho! I knew her alright! I knew her good!” Brendon cut in merrily.

Ryan popped his head out of the bathroom, “Dude! You didn’t!”

Brendon smiled smugly and nodded so furiously that I thought his head might fall off.

Spencer eyes Brendon up and down and then rolled his eyes at him. “As I was saying before someone cut me off with their sexual comments!” he cleared his throat and continued, “I met her earlier and helped her get her room key.”

“Oh… well I think I know her from somewhere…” I started listing off all the possibilities.

High school? Doubt it.

Concert? Possible, but they mentioned earlier they have never been to a concert of ours.

Interview? They have different jobs.

No. The connection was deeper, it had to be.....

I sat on the pull out couch for who knows how long, while Brendon kicked his hacky sack around the room, Ryan played his guitar and Spencer watched TV.

I continued on running scenarios through my head, and finally. It hit me.

Emily’s POV

Hayley and I sat on the bed together and listed all of the possible way I could have encountered Jon.

“Have you ever worked with him?”

“Work? No. I don’t have a job right now. And besides, he’s been touring.”

“Oh. Well… did he go to high school with you?”

I thought about it for a second. “No. I was in Minnesota. He was in Chicago for high school,” I said, recalling facts from breakfast.

“Oh, that’s right. Well maybe he was a family friend?” She asked half-heartedly, knowing that that wasn’t it. She shrugged and grabbed the ball off the floor and began throwing it at the wall and catching it again like I had been doing earlier.

“No…” I trailed off, “My family doesn’t have friends…” I went into a trance, trying to remember every tidbit of my life, hoping to remember something. Anything!

Then, out of nowhere, I let out a gasp.

I knew.