Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Thritythree

“And, I got this shirt!” Hayley squealed, as she held up probably her thirtieth piece of clothing she had gotten from her trip.

“God, you have no idea how much I hate you right now!” I yelled, snatching a silky, rich blue top from her hands.

Hayley giggled at my coveting eyes, “Dude, you know you can wear them!”

I set the top on the piles of her other clothes, accessories, shoes and purses. “Yeah, I know. I just can’t believe your dad bought you all of that!” I traced the strap on one of her tank tops. “He must be broke! That stuff is so expensive!”

“Well next time go with me!” I laughed a little. She asked me to come and visit her father very frequently, but I just couldn’t. Her dad was so rich, and I was so…not. I felt as if I was mooching off of him every time I was with him.

“Speaking of wearing clothes, what should I wear tonight?” She turned around to face her closet. She stood in front of it pondering about things with her hand on her hip.

“And since we are on the subject of tonight,” I exaggerated while plopping down on her fluffy comforter. She rolled her eyes as I continued, “You and Ryan are like…serious.”

I made Hayley blush and she tried to distract herself by filing through the clothes that were on hangers.

“I’m not trying to-- well it’s just that, you and Ryan seem to click. That never happened with any of your other guys in the past.”

“Hello?” I female voice floated through our flat and interrupted our conversation.

“Hey Chris!” Hayley yelled, letting her know where we were.

“Hey guys,” Chris danced in the room and sat herself down next to me. I smiled at her, “Uh-oh. Did I interrupt something?”

I laughed a little, so did Hayley. “No, no, we were just talking,” Hayley brushed off.

“About Ryan,” I added with a wink.

“And I was about to mention…” She built up, with her back towards us still, “That Ryan got me,” she whipped her body around and flashed her hand at us. “This!!”

I inspected her hand and the little ring with the priceless shining diamond in it.

I screamed. “Oh my God!! No way!!”

“Yes way!!” Chris and I stood up immediately and we all started hugging and jumping around uncontrollably. Of course screaming as well.

“What?!! What?!!” Spencer came running down the hallway and through Hayley’s doorway panting and skidding to a stop. Brendon showed up a few moments later with the pan I used to cook eggs on earlier. They both looked around the room frantically.

The three of us broke apart and started at them confused.

“What. The. Hell.” Hayley said, breaking the silence. Brendon finally realized that we weren’t in any trouble at all and lowered the frying pan from above his head, and Spencer lowered his arms from his defensive position.

“Jesus Christ! What was all the screaming about?!”

“It wasn’t that bad!” Chris defended.

“Um, well we were pounding on the door and you didn’t hear, so… yeah. I think it was bad,” Spencer stated. We rolled our eyes, smiled still lingering on our faces. “It totally sounded like you were being kidnapped!”

“Or even worse!” Brendon proposed, eyes growing wide, “rapped.”

“If anyone’s rapping Hayley, its Ryan,” Chris smirked.

Spencer pretended to shield the invisible light with a disgusted facial expression, “Yeah okay. Thanks. Didn’t need that picture in my mind.”

“Look!” I exclaimed, holding Hayley’s hand up for all to see.

“You’re getting married?!” Brendon roared happily, and a little astonished.

Hayley’s eyes grew surprised and a little scared, “Hell nah!”

I started shaking my head violently, “Yeah! She is! she--whah?” I turned my head to look at her, just as confused as everyone else.

“It’s just a ring.” She smiled sheepishly at us, but I could still tell in her eyes she was still extremely excited. I smiled anyways and took her into a deep hug.

“It’s still beautiful,” I whispered into her ear.

---

The sun was setting and its rays shone through our apartment window as reds and oranges. I actually thought about putting on sunglasses, just because the beams were so strong. Instead, I used the back of my hand as a shield for my eyes as I watched Hayley twirl around.

“How do I look?” she asked anxiously.

I smiled when I looked at her. “Absolutely amazing.” She wore one of her outfits her dad bought her, a deep red knee length skirt with red pumps and a black simple sweater that showed off her curves. Her hair hung in loose curls on her shoulder with a black rose in her hair.

“She’s right,” Brendon commented, coming up behind me and using my shoulder as an arm rest, “You look hot.” He smirked down at me, but I just rolled my eyes. I knew he was just getting back at me for earlier; when I called George Clooney a “sexy man beast”. Apparently, Brendon does not see the gorgeousness of a beautiful man. He called him “old and wrinkly, and probably smells like socks”.

“Okay, well… I’ll see you two later, I have a man to attend to,” she winked right after her eyes flickered to her finger and backed out the door, leaving Brendon and I alone in the apartment for the night.

“You know she’s not coming back right?” Brendon asked, trying to hold in a laugh, realizing the double meaning of what he said.

I exhaled loudly, “Yeahh…”

Promptly, Brendon swept me off my feet and put me over his shoulder. “Brendon! Put me down!” I started banging on his back, trying to break free. I knew if was no use, but I proceeded to try anyways.

Soon enough, I felt myself falling from high up on his shoulders to what seemed like the ground. I landed on the cushions of the couch and I opened one eye and saw Brendon on top of me. “Bren, you’re squishing me!” My jeans were twisted along with his blue and grey sweatshirt I never bothered giving back.

I tried to straighten them out, but he grabbed my wrists and before I could protest he blurted out, “Why can’t we just have me and you time?”

“We are having me and you time, silly!”

“Yeah, yeah,” he leaned his head down so our noses were mere millimeters apart. “We did the kissy-cuddly thing last night. Let’s just do the kissy thing tonight.”

I felt a tingle run down my spine as his hot breathe came in contact with my skin. I tried to not let my voice crack, but it did. “Yeah, well. I was kidnapped by some evil man that sat on me and crushed my bones into mush.”

This time it was his turn to roll his eyes and smile. “Well then,” he got up from me, only to rearrange himself by putting one of his knees on either side of me and a hand on either side of my head. He stooped his head down so he was just as close as before, but more seductive, “How’s this,” he whispered out, tickling my cheek.

My body shivered and goose-bumps ran down my arms, but a sweat drop struggled to remain hidden on my brow.

My voice was shaky, “G-Good.”

Brendon grinned at my reaction. His eyes gleamed with mine as we stared at one another, I could feel his deep, even breathes on my face every time he breathed. Then I broke my eyes away after a few minutes and studied his entire face. He kept his warm brown eyes locked on my little green ones as they roamed his features.

I let mine linger again on his chin, at the tiny little stubble that he didn’t shave in the morning. It was different seeing Brendon with stubble, most of the times he was clean shaven every day. This only proved he was growing up even more.

I met his eyes again. It was difficult to see since the sun was almost gone and the apartment was poorly lit, but I could still spot the sparkle in his eyes. He smiled and showed his magnificent smile and laughed through his nose. I felt the air on my face and saw the corner of his eyes crinkle.

I was instantly filled with passion. He continued to smile down at me, admiringly. I ran my fingers through his hair a couple of times and then down his upper neck. Now he shivered, and I smirked.

“You’re such a tease.”

“How am I a tease?”

“I don’t know. You just are.” I smiled along with him and rolled my eyes again, finally leaning in for his kiss.

At fist is was short, soft kisses, like we were scared to keep our lips attached to each other for more than two seconds, with my hands wrapped around his neck and him leaned down a little, like doing a push-up, our kissing increased. Soon it turned into a rough make-out session. One of my hands was meshed together in his hair and the other up the bottom of his shirt, pulling his warm skin against mine. Brendon had one hand on the couch for support as he leaned over me, and the other one wrapped around my waist, causing my back to arch up, in attempt of grabbing to pull me even closer.

---

“That…was…” Brendon broke the silence and looked down at me, still straddling my hips above me, with an almost terrified expression in his eyes. “Not going to lie…very, very…unpleasant.”

I mentally held a gun to my head and pulled the trigger. My face was hotter than black pavement on a summer day in Arizona. I closed my eyes, hoping that I what I just did didn’t happen.

After a moment of recollecting myself, I peeled my eyes open. Yep. It happened. I sneezed on Brendon Urie in the middle of making out.

I sneezed.

Sick.

Our bodies were still frozen in the position that we left on from, except there was a decent amount spit on Brendon’s face, and if I’m not mistaken, in his mouth.

And of course, sneezes come in pairs, so another one blew. Of course, I was able to contain it a little more this time.

I detached my fingers from his hair slowly and used them to cover my face in embarrassment.

Then Brendon did the least expected thing to do after you have had spit blown in your mouth and on your face. He laughed.

With his legs on my sides and his hand next to my head for support, and the other one still frozen around my waist from previous activities, he laughed.

This only heated my face even more, if it was possible, and I couldn’t say anything. I somehow managed to open my eyes again and he was still looking down at me with his brown eyes filled with pure admiration.

“I don’t understand,” I croaked out, “You like having your girlfriends bacteria splattered on your face?”

“And,” he chuckled again, “In my insides.” He coughed for emphasis, only making me feel even guiltier. I groaned and covered my eyes again.

“Hey,” Brendon urged, pulling my hand from my face. I looked up at his shinning eyes in the dim light. “The way I look at it, your spit was pretty much molesting me already, so what’s the difference. Sneeze spit or tongue spit.”

“Oh well when you put it that way,” I remarked cynically.

“Oh come on, Emmy. It was funny!”

“Are you serious?! That was the most embarrassing thing I have ever done!”

“I’m not judging!” I exhaled in defeat. He reached up finally and wiped the spit from his face.

“Um…Are we interrupting anything?” Spencer poked his head through our door and saw that we had our clothes on, so he swung the door open and led his girlfriend in with their fingers loosely joined.

I rolled my eyes, which I seemed to be doing a lot of lately, “Spencer, really?”

He raised his hands in the air, “Just saying!”

Brendon got up from me and smirked, letting me know our conversation wasn’t over, and pulled me up as well so we were sitting on the couch upright.

“Hasn’t anyone heard of knocking?” I asked generically. “Everyone just walks in!”

Spencer shrugged and Haley looked confused, as they both took a seat.

“Sorry Emmy, it’s habit,” he smiled, alluding to back when the boys would barge into me and Hayley’s hotel room, way back when.

“Um…okay,” Haley said as she twiddled her thumbs, “Let’s put in a movie!”

Brendon lifted his arm that was behind me and stood up to look for a movie to put in.

“Plus, you’re right in between all of our houses, you’re so easy to intrude on!” Spencer joked. I managed to stifle a laugh at his painfully truthful comment. Brendon took his previous position next to me, placing his arm behind me on the couch like before.

I leaned into him and rested my head on his chest. As Benchwarmers played, my head bobbled every time he laughed and I could hear the echo in his torso from every breath he took. I wrapped my arms around his middle and he started petting my hair.
Spencer was right, I was easy.