Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Thirtyfive

“Hey Ry, I got the new strings!” I heard a familiar voice boom through Ryan’s spacious house. I couldn’t help but smile when I heard the nasally, deep voice that rang with passion, no matter what the subject was.

“Ryan! Ryan?” He continued to search through the house until he found him, “Oh hey. I brought the accordion and go the new strings. They are out in my-- Emmy? Hey,” he said when he spotted me lying on the other end of the couch from Ryan. A smile swelled up on his face and his eyes went deep, making me smile in return.

“Hey Bren.”

“They’re in your car you said?” Ryan cut in, breaking our slightly awkward silence.

“Uh yeah. I’ll… go get them,” Brendon spun on his heels and left.

“Well I guess I better get going then.” I got up off the unusually long couch and stretched my arms over my head. I uneasily walked to the door, not really sure if the reason I came here was justified.

“Hey Em?” Ryan stopped me, perceptibly noticing my restlessness. I turned and looked at him, waiting for his question.

It turned out to be a speech rather than a question. “You can’t avoid love. It happened whether you want it or not. I’m not saying you’re going to fall in love with Brendon. But I’m saying you can’t deny your feelings for him. It’s obvious to everyone else that Brendon really likes you. He hasn’t been this happy in a while, so you clearly have something to do with it.

“Brendon is struggling too. He’s struggling because he isn’t sure how to show how much he likes you that won’t result in you closing back up again. You’re beautiful, fun to be around, smart and successful. Don’t let the fear of replicating your parents keep you from having a good time. The whole “Jon” thing can be dealt with later, you need to be comfortable with yourself and just go for it! Your heart can’t be broken unless it is actually put out there in the first place. Its part of life, you can’t always try to put forth a perfect life.”

It looked like Ryan wanted to say something else, but he saw Brendon enter the door. “I’ll see you later Emily,” he put on a smile instead of his homily one.

“Yeah… bye, Ry.” I turned to Brendon and gave him a hug before I left.

“See you later?”

“I work, but after?”

“Yeah,” he nodded his head violently. “I’ll stop by.” He pecked my nose quickly and I went out the door and started my run home.

---

I handed Hayley another drink from behind the counter when Brendon came into Gilly’s and took a seat.

“Hello Lovlies,” he greeted both of us.

“Hey,” we responded at the same time. Hayley’s conversation was interrupted by Brendon, so I went to go get him his usual drink.

“So what are my two favorite girls up to?”

“Well Mr. Urie, we are scheming a devious plan.” Hayley laughed at her own self. “In fact, this plan is scheduled for a 6:25 appointment, so I better be off!” She chugged her drink down and waved bye to us.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” Brendon asked, leaning towards me after Hayley walked away.

I shrugged and continued wiping off the bar countertops.

“And why won’t you tell me?” he asked suspiciously. I laughed amused and shook my head.

“You’ll see soon enough, Bren. Calm down.”

“I am calm.” He winked at me and took a last swig of his drink. “I’m going to head down the street and look at some stuff. You’re getting off early right? Meet here at ten?”

“Actually. Let’s meet at your house at eleven.”

“Ooh, kinky. I like it!”

I laughed and rolled my eyes. We both leaned in over the counter and exchanged a peck. “See ya!”

“Bye, Emmy!”

---

“Brendon?!” I called once I walked through his door.

“Kitchen!

“Wow. You went grocery shopping? Impressive.” I grinned and laughed at my own bash I threw his way as I entered his kitchen.

“You’re lucky you’re beautiful,” he threatened while he stashed his pretzel goldfish in the cupboard. I felt my cheeks blush a little and I set my Target bags on the counter beside his Cub Food’s brown bags. “What. Is. That.”

“It’s Tupperware!”

“Hell no.”

“Oh come on, Brenny! You need some! You have so many leftovers that go to waste, especially now that Shane is gone!”

“No.” He shoved a square container at me.

“Yes.” I shoved it back at him.

“No.” He back up a couple steps and threw it like a Frisbee back at me.

“Yes.” I chucked it at him. He lowered his eyes at me and headed for the garbage, so I ran towards him. “No!”

“Yes!”

“What?”

“I don’t know!”

“Whatever, I’m still not using this feminine contraption.”

“Yes.”

“No.” He started for the garbage again.

“No!” He smiled at my response. “I mean yes! I mean… this is so confusing!”

“Yeah… what are we fighting about again?”

I laughed loudly and went toward his bowls in one of his cupboards.

“What are you doing?” he asked, coming up behind me and resting his chin on my shoulder.

“You didn’t think just because the mint chocolate chip ice cream was still in the bag, I didn’t see it, did you?!”

He laughed and twisted his head so he could kiss my cheek. “I’ll get the spoons.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. So I feel super bad, because I posted this on Quizilla and not here. Thanks for being patient everyone :)
Honestly, I haven't had any motivation for this story. Zippo. So maybe some comments would do the trick? *wink wink* haha!
Thanks for reading!