Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Seven

“Uh guys? What the hell just happened?” asked Brendon. He and Ryan were very confused.

I looked up from Ryan. Hayley was still standing far away from the three of us. Spencer ran of to go get Jon. Brendon was about six feet away, he hadn’t moved since I last saw him and he was just standing in confusion.

Hayley still didn’t say anything. I turned to her letting go of Ryan. “Hayley? What’s wrong?”

“I-I-I don’t know. I don’t know what to say.”

“You could have said anything Hayley! But you didn’t! You are the only one who could have calmed me down and you knew that Hayley!” I was getting out of control again.

But it was true! She was my best friend and she was the only one who would have known what to say to calm me down. But she didn’t.

She just started at me blankly.

…..

“Hayley?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you going to talk to me? Try to calm me down or something!?” Why wasn’t she saying anything??

Silence.

“hhh!” I exhaled loudly “Whatever.” I was mad at her too, and I don’t know why, I don’t have a reason I just was.

I walked past her a bumped into her shoulder as I went on purpose. I know that was a very bitchy thing to do. And I probably looked like a bitch through that whole conversation, but I couldn’t help it, I’m a very impulsive person, and I just acted on impulse.

I looked back at her as I made my way through the crowd that had gathered. She wasn’t following me, she was just glaring at me through squinted eyes. But Brendon was making his way through the crowd just a couple steps behind me.

“Emily!!”
“Emily!!” Brendon kept calling after me.

I was running across the street stopping cars in their tracks. Every step I took I was getting farther and farther from Brendon. I made it across the street and stepped on the sidewalk and let loose the tears. I stopped and looked past Brendon in the crowd, back at the alley, where just three minutes ago I had Jon pinned to the wall releasing the ‘wrath of Emily’ at him.

Brendon was way behind me now. When he made his way through the crowd after me, I heard people yelling his name, so there must have been some of his fans in the crowd that recognized him.

I whipped around from looking at him back to the hotel. In the process I almost ran into the lamp post that was standing beside me. I caught myself before I smacked my head on the stick of metal, but even without hitting my head, I started to feel dizzy.

This afternoon was nasty, so much had happened and I couldn’t sort it all out in my head and I couldn’t wrap my thoughts around this situation I was in. I fucked up the relationship with my friend because I was too selfish to think about anything but me. And I screamed so loud at Jon that all of Las Vegas had heard me. Then a wave of tiredness hit me, my eyes grew heavy and I couldn’t hold myself up anymore.

I grabbed onto the lamp post beside me to hold myself up.

I leaned over and threw up.

Food from my breakfast landed on the sidewalk along with my tears. I was an emotional wreck.

I didn’t have anything left in my stomach but I kept throwing up and gagging. Pretty soon I felt hands grab my hair to hold it back as I puked out my guts.

My insides and tears kept falling to the sidewalk as the hands held my hair back and supported me so I didn’t fall over completely.

Finally my stomach insides stopped falling to the ground and the only thing left falling were my tears. “Shh. It’s okay.” I turned myself around to see Brendon standing there rubbing my back. I was practically on top of him while he supported me. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and wiped my tears.

He took my arm and led me inside. We walked threw the lobby and Brendon grabbed a wheelchair that was sitting just inside the door, he picked me up and set me in the chair and headed towards the elevator.
Before we reached the elevator I slammed on the front brakes. “Hells no! I am not going on that thing Brendon!”

“Uh, why not?” His voice sounded very surprised.

“I-I- just don’t like elevators okay? Please don’t make me go on it, please?”

“Umm, how else you getting upstairs then?” He asked dumbfounded.

“I will walk if I have to” I said stubbornly. Brendon gave me a questioning look. “I just can’t.” I whispered. The tears started to build in my eyes again. I quickly wiped them. “Sorry, I-I-”

“No, it’s okay.” Brendon said cutting me off, “I get it.”

My fear of elevators wasn’t that bad, but my day has been so emotional I just didn’t know how to handle even a simple situation. I’m such a girl!

He made his way to the stairs with me, when he stopped the wheelchair, I got out to start walking up the stairs. I didn’t expect him to push the wheelchair up the stairs, that would just be unnecessary.

“Whoa there little missy! What do you think your doing?” Brendon chuckled.

“Uhh, umm, going up the stairs? What does it look like I’m doing?”

“I’m not letting you walk.”

“Why not!? It’s not like I broke my legs.”

“Wellp, we’ll just have to pretend you did!” He started to chuckle his amazing laugh again. “’Cause I don’t want you to collapse again!” And with that he picked me up, sack of potato style, and carried me away.

“Brendon,” I laughed. “Stop!” I couldn’t hold in my giggles and I slapped my hand over my mouth to condense them. Brendon just had a way of making me cheer up. “Bren, you don’t want me to throw up again do you?” I laughed.

He stopped dead in his tracks. “Eww! Don’t throw up on my butt!” I laughed and he set me down so I grabbed the railing and started to make my way the first step but then I was taken by surprise as he picked me up bridal style instead. When we exited the stairwell I had a smile plastered to my face.

The grin was soon taken away when my stomach lurched.

“BRENDON LET ME DOWN!” My hand shot over my mouth. He arched his eyebrow and finally figured out what was happening but he was too late. He dropped his right arm down to let my feet hit the floor but I didn’t have time to stand myself up. I threw up all over Brendon’s right half of his body.

“Oh my Jesus! I’m so sorry! I-I-I-, sorry!”

He stood there with his hands out and his jaw hung open, eyes bulging out, surprised. The barf was dripping of his body.

I just stood there choking back the tears from the burning in my throat. I had thrown up so much acid I could barley swallow without feeling a blazing pain throughout my mouth and throat. I don’t remember anything else after that cause I went out cold. The last thing my eyes saw was the maroon carpet on the hotel floor with Brendon’s black and white converse standing on it.

---

I woke up in the dark. The only light that was in the room was from the light leaking out from the bottom crack of the bathroom door.

I sat up from my spot on the bed. I switched on the lamp on the nightstand by me.

“UHHH” I moaned from the pounding in my head. I heard the sound of water. I got up and walked, well stumbled over to the window. It was completely dark outside. How long have I been asleep?

I heard the sound of the rain stop. I realized it wasn’t rain at all, it was the shower. I walked over to the kitchen, well more the ‘kitchen area’. I went to open the fridge to get a bottle of water. I jumped when my feet landed on something wet, as I tried to avoid a towel lying on the ground.

I retrieved the bottle and started rummaging in the cupboards trying to find some aspirin.

Light flooded the room when the bathroom door opened.

“Oh, Emily, you’re up!” Brendon said a little too excited. He came out of the bathroom with his dirty clothes in hand. He shook his wet head causing little water droplets to fly. He turned on the room light and I shut my eyes to block the light from the sudden burst of brightness. I then noticed a person lying in the bed other than the one I was in.

Spencer was conked out. He was a mess in his sheets, the sheets were wrapped twice around one of his legs and his limbs were flailed out all over the place, if you looked at him long enough, you could see the resemblance of the swastika. (bahaha!)
Brendon looked at Spencer and burst out laughing, he must have noticed it too. He was very cute when he laughed. He threw back his head and slapped his leg.

I smiled wide and let my teeth show. I started thinking and my smile faded.

“Uhh where’s Ryan? And Hayley? And uh J-J-Jon?” I cringed at the last word.

“Well um, Ryan is with Jon and Hayley left here to go back to your room about an hour ago.” A smile crept on his face, “I’ve been in the shower for the past hour washing the insides of your stomach off my body.”

I smiled halfheartedly. Brendon walked past me and sat down on the bed. I looked at him waiting for the aspirin to take affect. His brown eyes were so sincere. They were deep and they held so much. I couldn’t stop myself from looking deep into them searching for some comfort or reassurance. It was as if his eyes put a spell on me, and he finally caught my attention, he was waving his hand violently and bouncing himself up and down on the bed.

I shook my head and was at a lost for words. He smiled at me, but then his face turned serious and the smile faded. Brendon smoothed the sheets next to him and patted the bed signaling me to come and sit by him.

I sighed and reluctantly took a seat by him.

“Now why don’t you tell me what is going on.”