Status: Discontinued

You Only Get One Shot Do Not Miss Your Chance to Blow

Nine

“I feel like a fat pig.”

“Oh god, Emily! I don’t think there is anyway you can get fat!”

“Oh really!?” I reached in the family size bag of Cheetos and grabbed a full fist of Cheetos and slapped them up to my mouth to shove them in.

Hayley sat on the other side of the couch sitting there laughing at me as most of the Cheetos missed my mouth and flew to the ground and on her lap.

“Dang.” I did a fake pout and sniffed sadly.

“Oh stop!” She picked up a Cheeto and threw it at me and I quickly snapped out of my pouting session and opened my mouth to catch it in my mouth.

“Nice catch,” Both of our heads snapped to the door as Brendon walked in.

Brendon has been here for me so much, he supported me and never took sides between Jon and I. It was nice to have a new voice of support and advice, don’t get me wrong, I love Hayley, but it’s nice to get different opinions. Whenever Brendon walks in the room I get a warm sensation in my toes, and I can’t figure out why. Yes, I know I am attracted to him, but I don’t know if it is actually a crush, or if I just really like him, as a best friend, because how nice he is. We both had agreed to forget that our little ‘one night stand’ thing never happened. We said we were drunk and didn’t know what we were doing. I was actually happy about this decision because was not the way I wanted to start out our relationship.

He really is very nice! Well, all the boys are amazing! Ryan is so queer, in a good way! He is so sweet and can put a smile on your face with anything he says. Spencer is definitely the mature one of the group. When I say ‘mature’ don’t take that too seriously, the most maturity he has showed was when he was done showering and he actually took the time to fold up one of his shirts.

I’m not kidding, when you go into the boys’ room, you might scream with fright. Clothes thrown all over and empty bottles of water and pop cans are laying everywhere. And if you want to find a place to sit, you’re better off clearing a spot on the floor because on every surface, it is cluttered with guitar picks and sheet music.

I guess that’s why Brendon always comes over to our room to hang out.

“Ryan is out in the hall and wants to talk to you,” Brendon pointed his thumb behind him signaling to the door.

“hmm, kay thanks,” She walked out the door and Brendon came over to the couch and raised his eyebrows at the scene he saw around me.

There was a couple of empty pop cans, napkins, bowls from our cereal, bowls from our popcorn, bowls from our candy, and Cheetos were spotted all over the floor, the couch and my lap.

I laughed, “Uh, we are having a movie day.”

“Ahhhh, I see. Those are the best aren’t they!?”

“For sure!” I giggled and picked up the pillow from an empty spot on the couch for him to sit. But of course, he ignored my gesture and jumped right into my lap.

“UUgghh! Brendon! Get off me, you fatty!”

“Aww, you think I’m fat??”

“Yep,” I let out a laugh, “So go get me a banana! And you go eat a salad mister.”

“Ha. Ha.” He said sarcastically and pouted his beautiful fish lips and gave me his puppy dog eyes.

“Just kidding Bren! I love you!”

“Aw! Thanks Emmy!” And he hugged me, “Can I tell you a secret!?”

“Yeah! I love secrets!” I leaned my ear towards him and he stuck his nose up to my ear and I felt his breath on my neck. I shivered and tried to ignore the butterflies forming in my stomach.

He started whispering in my ear and made it tickle, “Ryan is going to ask Hayley out!!” He whispered that in a very funny way, like a child, so I whispered back in the same tone.

“Really!? Ooh! This is so exciting!” We covered our mouths with our hands and Hayley walked in.

“Okay guys, what are you whispering about?”

“What are you, my mother?”

“Ah ha! Nice one!” And I gave him high five and Hayley rolled her eyes.

“You two are way too immature! Ciao!”

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Out. With Ry. So don’t worry guys, you can sex it up on the couch while we’re gone.” She laughed at her own joke and made her way out the door.

I blushed at her comment, she didn’t know my actual feeling for Brendon. Brendon laughed uneasily at the comment which was weird because usually he is the first one to comment back an even nastier remark.

I filled the silence, “Wanna put in another movie?”

“Yeah!”

“Kay.”

We sat there for about a minute. Brendon turned to me and said, “Well are we going to or not?”

“Yeah, uh Bren? You have to get off of me first.” He made a ‘o’ shape with his mouth and stood up and plopped down on the other side of the couch

I made my way to my suitcase and picked up a new DVD and stuck it in.

“Ooo! I love Transformers!”

“Me too! Shia LaBeof rocks!”

“But he doesn’t have a sexy body like me,” He joked and ran his hands up and down his body.

“Yeah, okay Brendon, whatever floats your boat.”

After the move was done, we still sat there and talked. I liked how he didn’t pressure me to hang out with Jon when they were with him, it made me feel like they actually cared about me. I usually don’t trust people, but I can trust those three boys and I don’t know why.

After the night I explained the situation to Brendon, he didn’t push me after that. I didn’t expect him to understand, but he did. He understood why I hated Jon, even though it wasn’t his fault. He understood why I didn’t like to be by Jon and he knew how to make me feel better.

We sat in each other’s room and watched movies, hung out, and sang cheesy songs all day long.

Ryan and I usually would run around Vegas buying crazy ass shit we didn’t need. Yesterday was the most fun, we sat on a park bench and as people walked by, we stuck out our feet casually trying to trip people. It was absolutely hilarious. Finally one bitch grandma ruined our fun by threatening to tell the park officer, so we ran down the path and swung the rest of the day hogging the swings from the little five year olds. Oh yeah, we’re so BA.

Spence was the easiest for me to get along with, he made ever situation fun. He was so random, not as random as Brendon, but definitely crazy. One day he made an instrument out of a water bottle, and napkin and a soap bar. I know, extreme.

Since I could play piano and a little guitar, some days I would sit in the boys’ apartment and help them think of song melodies and play songs with them. Ryan gave me the chords to Hannah Montana so tomorrow we are going to play a mini teenie concert for Hayley. I know right? We’re Weird.

I loved Vegas so much, I didn’t want to leave, even if I did, I wouldn’t know where to go. I don’t want to go back to my mom’s house and I’m not sure where I am going to go to college.

“Hey Bren?”

“Yeah Emmy?

“What if I stayed her in Vegas?” I asked in an uneasy voice hoping for approval.

“REALLY!!? YEAH!!! DOOOO IT! THAT WOULD BE THE FUNNEST AND THE--”

“Bren, shh!”

“Sorry,” he whispered and continued whispering, more quickly this time “Then we could be together all the time.”

“Okay! I just need to find a place to stay…”

“I’m sure Ryan can help you with that, he knows everything.”

“I’m sure he does!”

“Uh, Emily?” He asked like a little kid.

“Yes Brenny?”

He smiled, I knew he liked it when I called him that, “Do you wanna go to my parents’ house with me tonight and have dinner with us? I know it sounds weird, but, Ryan is out with Hayley and Spencer is out with Hailey, and Jon, yeah, I don’t know where he is.”

“Oh jeez Bren! We are moving really quickly, I’m already meeting your parents? Wow, at this rate we will be married by next Thursday!” I nudged him my shoulder and laughed.

He burst out laughing, and then turned serious, “I wouldn’t mind that.”

I was shocked, “Wha- -“

I was cut off by his lips on my mine.