Time Passes. Snow Falls. I Miss You.

Ten

“Hello, Dee-racula!” Kate cheerfully greeted Delany when she got buckled into her Monday morning ride.

Delany responded back just as cheery, “Hey, Kit Kat. How are you?”

“I’m doing pretty well. In fact! Do you know what day it is?!”

Delany smiled sheepishly, “Hmm… the twenty-third.”

“Which means?” Kate inquired, exaggerating the phrase.

Delany exhaled and chuckled, knowing perfectly well what day it was. “Two weeks ‘till the end of the quarter?”

Kate rolled her eyes. “No, silly!”

“Uh,” Delany calculated the math in her head, “119 days left until we graduate?”

“No!” Kate started backing out of the driveway, almost crashing into the garbage can at the end that waiting for pick-up. Delany starting cracking up as Kate gasped, not thinking it was funny.

“121 days ‘till my birfday?”

This time Kate slapped her arm playfully. Delany was so immersed in fooling around with Kate, she didn’t notice the hustle and bustle going on in Jon’s driveway as they drove past. Not that Delany would notice anyway, since she made an agreement with herself to cool down for a couple days and not pester Jon.

“I know you know!” Kate laughed, so at the red intersection, Kate counted down, “Three…two…one!” Delany pulled her hand from her coat pocket and Kate reached in her jean pocket and they both flashed their “masterpieces” at each other.

“Happy anniversary, bestie!”

“Same to you, bestie!” They exchanged presents and hugged over the center council, breaking apart after the cars behind them started to grow impatient as the light was green for a while.

&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&

“Wow dude. She really isn’t over it, is she,” Spencer commented, loading his duffel bag into the big van.

Jon dropped his arm that was previously waving at (and being ignored by) Kate and Delany as they drove by and walked back to the van by the band and some techies. “She probably just didn’t see me.”

“Psh. Ok,” Brendon scoffed as he hopped out the side door. “Picture this. We are best friends--” Everyone stopped and looked at Brendon with confused expressions. “What? It could happen!”

Ryan shoved his shoulder. “We are best friends.”

“Whatever. Hypothetically, if we were best friends, and I left you without telling you where I was going and then came back and acted like nothing happened and then never told you I was leaving again. Well…I’d be pretty mad.”

“First off,” Jon started. “Delany knows I’m leaving…just not exactly… Second, you would never do that because you have a hard time not talking to us for three days! Third, we ARE best friends.”

“Whatever you say…” Brendon sung as he climbed back in the van to make more room for suitcases.

The rest of the boys rolled their eyes and continued to load the van. Ryan came up behind Jon and leaned on his shoulder. “Dude, even as messed up as Bren’s statement was, he’s right.”

Jon shrugged off Ryan’s arm from his shoulder and sulked away, grumbling as he went. He wasn’t mad at the Panic boys per se, but just that they were probably right and he knew that Delany seemed like the little innocent girl in the situation.

&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&

“I think we’re ready!” Ryan said enthusiastically as Spencer slammed the side van door closed after the boys spent all afternoon filling with their things.

“Let’s get this show on the road!” Brendon jumped. “No pun intended.”

Jon made his way over to his parents and hugged each of them. “I’ll call you when we get settled back in LA.” After saying goodbye to his parents, brothers and friends, Panic loaded up in their van and left the neighborhood.

Jon glanced at his watch as they drove down the road. “It’s 3:06, can we stop at Starbucks really quick?”

&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&

“Delany! Someone is here!” Charlie hollered to the break room where Delany inhabited.

“Who? I’m really busy,” she yelled from the back, arms full with boxes of fresh cups and napkins. Instead of waiting for an answer, she walked out to the front counter with her packages and set them on the counter.

“Oh hey, Jon.”

“Delany,” Jon started urgently, but smiley. “I need to talk to--”

“Sorry, Jon. I really can’t talk right now. We’re super busy and we almost out of milk so I need to go and get some.”

“Yes but this--”

“Text me later or something and we can hang out, k?”

“Dee this is important and it can’t--”

“Talk to you later, Johnny!” Delany called as she ran out the door to the grocery store a block down.

Jon rolled his eyes, frustrated and gritted his teeth. “Hey, Charlie.”

“What,” Charlie replied, annoyed that Jon was holding up the line of people waiting.

“Um, when Dee gets back…tell her, tell her that I said…goodbye.” Jon looked hopeful at Charlie. He and Charlie never got along when Jon used to work at Starbucks, but Jon knew deep down Charlie had to have some sort of feelings.

“Yeah, whatever. Look, are you going to buy anything?”

Jon looked around at everyone. “Uh, no. Thanks.” He turned on his heel and exited the store. He made his way to the van in the biting wind and climbed into the back with Ryan and Spencer.

“How’d it go?” Brendon asked from the passenger seat.

“I…don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers! Thanks for.... well reading. I haven't updated in a while, so hopefully I still have someone out there!

It's bloody hot in my house and I can't stop thinking in a british accent because I just watched Pride and Prejudice. You know when you watch a movie where the characters are talking in accents and use amazing, shakespearian clauses? Yeah. Well that's what I'm doing in my head, fyi.

Just a little tid bit for y'all :) Comment please?