Status: ahhhh screw it. I'll get around to updating this sometime soon.

Where Our Hearts Lead Us

Kapitola Sedmá

Martin

My pregame ritual consisted of taking a shower, eating some food, and sleeping for hours in my cloud of a bed. It was always at the same time, same place. It was monotonous, but it helped me play like a man. I never had anything important on my mind besides the upcoming game.

Until I met her. Cat; the beautiful young woman that had caught my attention out of the puck bunnies and everyone else in the arena. I was never one for one night stands....My mother raised me to be a proper man with manners and a conscience. I was constantly teased by my teammates about my lack of a little black book, but I didn't care. I was doing the thing that I loved everyday, why not find the woman I loved, too?

God just the thought of her made me smile and blush. (I even came to.....attention, if you get my drift.) After our cozy "date", if I must call it that, I couldn't shake the thought of her soft pink lips gently touching mine. Or the way I had to lean down so far to capture her lips. Or her sweet innocent eyes and her wide grin. Or anything about her, really. I had never seen a woman so beautiful and genuine...

Flashback

I shook out my body quickly with all of my equipment on before I stepped out into the spotlight and onto the ice. I hustled my butt out there with a smile before coach got on me about time and started my warm-up skate. I breathed in the cool air and looked into the crowd. Not too many people, but it's all about the game to me.

As my eyes swept across the crowd, a head of long red hair and hints of creamy white skin caught my eye. I glanced back at the person and my eyes widened at the sight of such a beautiful girl. She was sitting front row in the seat next to our penalty box with a friend that kept winking at Scottie. She had slightly pink cheeks as she looked back at me shyly. I felt my lips form a smile and hoped to God she was actually looking at me instead of the better looking Taylor Pyatt.

Her eyes were a light shade of green mixed with grey, while her hair was a vivid auburn. Her soft, light skin was covered in a v-neck shirt and a large jacket. I could just barely see the tops of her dark jeans that covered her crisscrossed soft thighs. That, my friends, was a real woman. She was utterly feminine and I wanted her. I'm surprised no one saw me pop a boner, but I tried not to think of her that way. I skated on and went back into the locker room after throwing a smile back at her once more. I knew from then on that this girl would kill me.

Flashback End

So there I was, sitting on my bed in only a towel with my head in my hands thinking of her. My phone sat next to me, challenging me to call her. My pre-game ritual was being held up for a girl. Why she affected me so much, I did not know, but I had to call her.....just to get her out of my head so I could sleep before the game against the Kings.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through the contacts, finally pressing send on the contact, "Cat;)". I chuckled softly and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" she said cheerfully. The sound of her happy voice made me close my eyes in content.

"Hello. It's Martin. What are you doing right now?" I asked softly.

She giggled. "Hey! Ummm....I'm painting right now. What are you up to? Don't you have a game tonight?"

""Fantastic. I not know you paint. I....just got out of shower." I said, blushing bright red. Why did I say that?

"Oh...U-uhhhm Well shouldn't you be napping or something? I-I mean....You need your strength?" she said weakly. I could hear her rustling some papers on her end.

"Yes. I could not stop thinking about you. I cannot sleep." I said sheepishly.

"What? Oh no! What did I do! I'm so sorry!" she gushed.

I laughed whole-heartily. "Nothing! You do nothing. I...want to ask you out for date. I like last night. We go to dinner on weekend?" I curled my fist and hoped she said yes. I didn't know what I would do if she said no.

"Sure!" she said quickly. "I mean....ummm I guess we could go out. That would be cool." I could hear the smile coming from her voice.

"Great. You want to go to game tonight?" I grinned so hard I though my face would fall off any minute.

"Well it's a bit late...I don't think I could get any good tickets." She said sadly. I laughed at her statement and laid back on the bed.

"I have tickets. You just go and they be there. Go to front desk and ask for them. They are under Hanzal." I said. I wouldn't tell her, but I had saved those tickets for her last night after our date while I was driving home. It pays to be a professional athlete.

"Oh. Well. In that case, Yes. I'd love to go!" she squealed. I laughed yet again and stood up.

"Game is at 7, front row seat, next to team box." I said, taking off my towel and walking into my closet. I blushed a little, realizing that I was naked while talking to Cat.

"Awesome! Well, thank you, hun! I'll be there for sure. I'll leave you to your business! Bye, Marty!" she said sweetly.

"Bye." I said right before she hung up. I looked down and sighed. She had a lot of power over me. I'd have to go take care of my large problem very soon. Thanks, Cat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow....well this was long. :)
It's weird, but I kind of like writing from a boy's perspective.....
special thanks to monstersundermybed for the inspiration. :D