Skittles, Friends and a Little Thing Called Love

Saved?

Gerard’s PoV

I stood outside Sian’s front door after knocking loudly, listening for noise coming from inside.

Silence.

I knocked again, starting to get worried. What if she’s ignoring me? I would definitely ignore me right now... but surely one of her parents would open the door? I glanced at the drive.

No car.

Great.

I called through the letter slot, "Sian? Are you there? It’s me, Gerard, can you please let me in? I need to explain... And it’s cold, and you’ve got my jacket!” I yelled, hoping she would at least make some noise, so that I knew she was there.

Sighing, I realised that if she hadn’t come by now, she probably wasn’t there or something. I mean, the car wasn’t there, which probably means she’s out with her parents, right?

As I started walking back down her garden path, I noticed a light on in one of the upstairs rooms. Could that be her bedroom?

I saw a ladder lying down by the side of the shed. I picked it up and took it over to the wall just below the window.

Leaning it up against the wall, I started climbing, only hesitating slightly when I let my common sense take control of my brain for a split second.

Reaching the window, I peered in.

And almost fell of the ladder.

What I saw inside shocked me, as I frantically started pounding the window.

On the floor of what was obviously her bedroom, Sian was laying in a carpet of broken glass. I couldn’t see much, because she was kind of hidden by the bed, but she didn’t look conscious.

I managed to slide the unlocked (thank God) window up, and slip into her room.

I ran over to her still body, and saw that she had cut her hands and wrists with the glass, which was why she had lost consciousness, even though it didn’t look like she had lost that much blood.

I figured she must be squeamish or something, as I pulled her into an upright position. I patted her cheeks lightly, trying to wake her up.

She groaned, frowning slightly as her eyes flickered open. I saw blood was still trickling steadily out of her hand, and quickly pulled off my shirt to wrap round her cuts, getting as much glass out as I could.

Sian's PoV

I groaned as my eyes flickered open, gradually focusing on the figure in front of me.

Gerard?

I blinked in confusion. Why is Gerard here? And why is he topless?

I tried to shuffle away as memories about what had happened came flooded back, wincing as I put pressure on my wrist, which had Gerard’s shirt wrapped around it.

He lied to me.

He grabbed my hand and I hissed in pain as tears sprung to my eyes, and I pulled away as he tried to pull me into a hug.

“You lied to me. You kissed me and you lied,” I whispered, unable to make my voice box work as he looked straight into my eyes.

“No,” he said softly, “Mikey did.”

Mikey did?