Lust or More

Confession

"Nathan meets Sophia. Sophia meets Nathan." I sat under the tree by the Black Lake where I put Nathan two weeks before, the two small animals sniffing and circling around each other. He ran back into his hole.
"I'm sure he'll warm up to you." I told Sophia. Minutes later, Nathan came back out of his hole carrying a bunch of gold in his mouth and claws. He laid it out in front of Sophia and I.
"Is this all the gold you collected Nathan?" I ask. He nods his head. He picks up a gold ring and pushes it towards Sophia.
"Oh Sophia, he’s giving you something," I smile. Sophia slides the ring onto her tail.
"Crap, it's time for breakfast. Come on, Sophia." I look at my watch, Sophia ran into my pocket. "I'll see you later Nate." I got up. He nods to me, before gathering his things and went back in the hole. I walk to the Great Hall and took a seat between Blaise and Draco.
"Did you hear about Kate Bell, she got cursed by some necklace?" Blaise announces as I put food on my plate.
"You would think you were a girl with the way you gossip, Zabini?" Draco rolls his eyes.
"Shut up Malfoy. You’re just jealous, because I’m well informed." Blaise glares as I cut up my pancake.
“Do they know who did it?” I ask. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Draco tense up but I ignored it.
"No, it wasn’t for her anyways. She was supposed to give it to someone else." Blaise turn to me, happy to have someone to inform.
“She was trying to give someone a curse necklace and end up cursing herself?” I laugh, that would be a beautiful work of karma.
“No, she was the middle man. Someone gave it to her to give to someone else.” Blaise explains.
“And you don’t know who this someone else are?” Draco stares at him intently.
“Nope, no one knows that. They won’t know until Bell wakes up.” He said.
Draco grew a little smirk on his face. “Guess you’re not that well informed.” He got up and walk out of the Great Hall.
“He’s always goes somewhere lately. I wonder where...” Blaise said more to himself than me as he glares at the doors.
“You should be a detective.” I tease.
“I would, if my plans weren’t already made.” Blaise look down at his plate. We both eat our breakfasts in silent after that.
“Come on, we got to get to Defense against the Dark Arts.” Blaise broke the silence. We walk to Snape’s classroom. We took the seats next to Draco. The golden trio enters the room. Weasley made eye contact with me; I quickly look the other way.
“If you three could so kindly take a seat so I can start class.” Snape burns them with his eyes. They took a seat in middle area of the class. Weasley looks over his shoulder at me with a sad face. I pull my eyes down to my desk.
“Today, we are going to learn Locomotor Mortis, otherwise known as the leg locker curse. This spell locks your opponent's legs together. They will be able to hop, but walking will be impossible.” Snape explains. “Get a partner from the other house and lined up.” Snape gave us an order.
Before I knew it Weasley was standing in front of me. “Need a partner?” He looks at me hopefully.
“No, Longbottom is my partner.” I said the next Gryffindor’s name that I saw.
“I am?” He looks at me surprised.
“Yes, you are. Come on, we got to line up.” I walk to stand on one side as he stood a few feet across from me.
“Want a partner so bad Weasley, I’ll be your partner.” Blaise glares at him. Blaise stood next to me as Weasley stood next to Longbottom. Draco partnered up with Potter and Granger with Goyle.
“Just wave your wand like this and say Locomotor Mortis.” Snape fires his wand at his desk, but of course nothing happened since it didn’t have legs to lock. “Don’t just stand there, try it.” Snape yells, causing a few Gryffindors to jump.
“You can go first.” I nod to Longbottom.
“Okay. Locomotor Mortis, right?” He asks, probable not wanting to get it wrong and anger me.
“Yes,” I roll my eyes.
“Lo-comot-or Mo-rtis.” His voices shakes, the light from his wand hit me, but nothing happened.
“Fail Longbottom, you couldn’t even pronounce the word. Should we send you back to grade school so you can learn to pronounce your syllables?” Snape narrows his eyes at him. He didn’t say anything; he stares at his feet with a sad expression on his face. I felt myself feeling bad for him as Snape gave him one last disgusted look, before walking off to look at the other pairs.
“I’m probably going to hate myself for this later.” I mumble to myself as I walk over to him. I put my hands on his shoulder, making him lift his head back up.
“Your problem isn’t pronunciation, it’s the fact that you get nervous so easily. You need to be confident in your ability, there’s a reason you made it this far and didn’t fail any year.” I whisper to him, not wanting anyone to hear me being nice. He gave me a bright smile and I gave him a weak one in return.
“Ready to try again,” I ask. He nods his head. “Shake off those nervous and take a deep breath. You got this.” I gave him a pat on his shoulder. I walk back to my place and gave him a nod which he returned.
“Locomotor Mortis!” He shouts. I felt my legs lock together. I almost fell over, but I was able to steady myself by grabbing Blaise’s shoulder. “I can’t believe I got it on the second try. That’s the fastest I ever got a curse.” He wore a big smile on his face.
“Alright, Longbottom ready?” I ask, chuckling a little.
“Oh, yes.” He stood still, with the big smile still in place.
“Locomotor Mortis,” I waved my wand. I watch as Neville’s legs slam together.
“The first time, that’s even better. Good job.” He smiles at me. I smile back, but in truth it wasn’t my first time. I practice this spell a million times over the summer. Being an only child with my dad always working, I was alone a lot. To entertain myself, I read and practice on the house elf. Nothing to dangerous though.
“Thanks.” I smile back to him.

After everyone was Leg-Locked and avoiding all the looks that Weasley sent my way, Snape gave us the counter-spell. I mumble it pointing my wand at him. “Oh, thank Merlin. That was painfully awkward.” He rubs his legs.
“Yeah, I know. Now unlock me.” I snap, tired of being in this position.
“Oh, sorry,” He waves his wand for the counter-spell. I smile being able to move my legs again.
“When your legs are unlocked you can leave.” Snape walk to sit behind his desk. I look to my side to see Draco and Blaise didn’t have their legs lock either.
“Let’s go.” Draco picks up his bag.
“W-Well it was go-good working with y-you.” Longbottom stares at his feet. It was almost painful to see someone this nervous.
“UMMM you too,” I nod my head.
“Stop talking to the loser, we got get to Herbology. See ya, Blaise.” Draco wraps his arm around my shoulder, leading me out of the classroom. Halfway to the greenhouse, Draco turns around and snaps, “What the bloody hell are you following us for?” I turn around to see who the problem was.
“We have the same class you do Malfoy.” Potter snaps.
“So, you don’t need to be so damn close. You might as well be standing on top of us.” Draco hisses. Weasley stares at me as I look everywhere, but his face. “And what the bloody hell is your problem, always staring at her.” Draco snaps at him, making him blush.
“We are going to be late for class.” Granger whines. This would normally annoy me, but I was grateful for the change of subject.
“I don’t want to be late.” I tug on Draco’s sleeve. He wraps his arm back around my shoulder and led me to the greenhouse. I could feel Weasley staring holes into my back the whole way.
“What’s up with you and Weasley?” Draco whispers to me, once we were in our seats.
“What are you talking about? He always stares like a stalker?” I ask, playing clueless. The look that Draco gave me let me know that he didn’t believe me. He opens his mouth to say something, but thankfully Professor Sprouts interrupt him by starting her lesson.

I put Sophia back in her cage and collapse on my bed after dinner. Avoiding Weasley had been harder than I thought it seems like everywhere I turn or look he was there. “What the hell is going on with you and Weaslbee? Don’t give me none of that I don’t know crap.” Draco slams my door open and shut.
“You may come in.” I gave him a sarcastic wave and smile.
“Answer my question.” He hovers over me.
“You’re imagining things.” I sat up, cracking my back.
“No, I’m not. I see the way he stares at you.” He glares as he paces the room.
“He’s always staring at me!” I ran my hand through my hair.
“There normally stares of hatred. Today, they were stares of sadness almost if he asking you for forgiveness.” He snaps. Since, when was he so observant?
“Weasley is having issues, big deal. What does that have to do with me?” I pat the spot on the bed next to me. He declines my offer, continue to pace.
“You never snapped at him once today. You had a million opportunities to put him in his place, but you never did. Why is that?” He stood at the end of my bed.
“He kissed me.” I blurted out, breaking out the pressure of his questioning.
“What!” His jaw drops, frozen in place.
“He pulled me into a dark room, we argued back and forth for a little while then he kissed me.” I try to be as brief as possible.
“I’m going to kill him.” He stomps toward the door.
“NO DRACO!” I climb off the bed and throw myself in front of the door.
“Why not, he forces himself on you! He deserves to get hex!” He punches the door next to my head. I let out a little scream, as the wood broke underneath his fist.
“No, he doesn’t. He was just confused. He let his emotions get the best of him, not unlike someone right now.” I try to reason with him.
“Why are you standing up for him? Did you kiss him back?” He narrows his eyes. I look down at my feet. “You kissed him back. What you have feelings for him now?”
“No, it didn’t mean anything.” I shook my head, hoping to calm him down.
“Then why the hell did it happen!” He lowers his head, so that we were face to face.
“I don’t know, Draco. Why do you have sex with all those girls if they don’t mean anything to you?” I growl.
“That’s lust. You're telling me that you have lust for Weasley.” He glares, unhappy that I tried to turn this against him.
“No, it was just misplaced emotions on both our parts!” I took a deep breath. I was beginning to feel suffocated by this whole situation.
“Emotions! Why the hell are there even emotions between you two?” He ran his hands through perfect his hair.
“I don’t know about his emotions other than rage.” I shrug this was so hard to explain.
“Screw his emotions! What about yours?” He gave my shoulders a harsh squeeze.
“I don’t know. It was confusing. When he first kissed me I was shocked, but it felt nice.” I hate admitting this to myself nonetheless someone else.
“It felt nice? I can’t believe what I’m hearing.” He pushes himself off the door and began to pace again.
“It had been so long that it felt nice to be kissed and held by someone. It was no means a romantic kiss, but it felt nice to be wanted by someone.” I look down at my feet, not wanting to see the look of disgust on his face.
He grabs my jaw gently, making me look at him. “The next time you feel the need to be kissed or held, come to me instead of letting a bloody traitor do it.” He whispers, licking his lips.
“You’re a friend, Draco. It would complicate things if we make it intimate.” I knew that if I got intimate with him, I would fall out into my old routine.
“Kissing your enemy doesn’t make things complicated?” He let go of my chin.
“Point taken, but I’m still not going to kiss you.” I move around him, trying to make some space between us.
“You say that now, but when you need it you’ll be running to me.” He teases. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder, to know that he wasn’t upset anymore.
“Maybe I’ll run to Blaise instead.” I smirk as his dropped.
“Funny, funny girl,” he pokes my nose with each word. I smack his hand away.
“Don’t tell anyone I kiss Weasley or I’ll tell everyone he was a better kisser than you.” I threaten.
“He wasn’t though right?” He asks. I hum, shrugging my shoulder. He picks me up and throws me on the bed. He straddles my waist and tickling my sides.
“What were you saying?” He laughs along with my force ones.
“You’re a better kisser than Weasley.” I said taking a deep breathes after each word. He took his hands away from my sides.
“Damn right, I am.” He puffs his chest out in pride.
“You’re so modest.” I push him off of me. He lands on other side of the bed with a lazy smile on his face.
“I’m all around amazing, if you’re lucky some of me will rub off on you.” He rubs my arm.
“EEWWW, that’s gross.” I laughs, move my arm out of his reach.
“I wasn’t thinking like that.” He laughs along with me.

Robert’s POV
I was sitting with Michael on the loveseat in the Gryffindor’s common room. Ron, Harry, and Hermione were sitting on the couch across from me. Luna was sitting on one of the arm chairs. "I know it was Malfoy, who curse that necklace and gave it to Katie Bell. I just wish I had proof." Harry rubs his temples.
"If Malfoy knows, then Lopes knows. She just as evil as him, she..." Ron was saying when Hermione cut him off, which I was thankful for.
"Ron's right. We should find out what she knows." She told Harry.
"Hermione, I was talking." Ron groans.
"Ron, you were just going to have another one of your Lopes is the devil rants. I'm tired of hearing them." She rolls her eyes.
"Well, she is. I told her, she was bleeding through her bandages and she couldn't even tell me thank you. I mean what is that?" He scoffs.
"You were the one who caused her those burns." Luna points out.
"It was on accident, she makes like I tried to murder her. She’s so dramatic, making like she couldn't walk, having Malfoy carry her." Ron rolls his eyes.
"From what I heard she was walking. But she wasn’t going fast enough for Malfoy, so he carried her." I glare. The more he tried to explain why she was evil, I believed that he was.
"So what, you’re saying I did it on purpose?" Ron stood up.
"I don't know. The hate you have for her makes me wonder!" I stood up too. We would have been face to face if it was for the table between us. I glare down at him, seeing that I was a few inch taller than him. Michael tugs on my wrist, but I smack his hand away.
"I would never hurt someone like that on purpose, no matter how much I hate them." Ron shook his head, defending himself.
"Why do you hate her so much? What has she ever done to you beside call you names like every other slytherin? Why don't you hate the rest of them with the same passion?" I question him.
"She’s not your friend anymore, Robert. You guys are more like enemies now. What kind of friend was she anyways to leave you, because you're dating someone mixed? Why are you defending her?" He questions me back.
"You don't know her! Don't make like you know her! She’s not some Slytherin prodigy who was brainwashed by her parents!" I felt my body start to shake.
"So, she's like that all on her own. That makes her so much better." He mockingly claps his hands.
"No, Nicole's mother..... She..." I wanted to say a lot, but I was conflicted.
"Robert, I don't think you should continue." Luna warns me.
"No, I'm tired of him always talking about her like he knows her." I made up my mind.
"What about her mother?" Ron looks interested.
"She left Nikki and her dad when she was 10 for a muggle." I inform them. Everyone look shock except Luna, who was shaking her head at me.
"I knew Nikki since we were babies. We were neighbors. She was always at my house, because her mom always had an 'emergency errands' and couldn't take Nikki. Her mom was a selfish bitch, who didn't know the meaning of motherhood. She only cared about money. All she ever did was shop." I used air quotes around the words emergency errands.
"She never showed Nikki any love. She treats her more like an annoying little cousin then a daughter. Always pushing her away literally and insulting her every chance she could. She never did anything for her: never dressed, feed, bath, played with her, nothing. Her dad, my mom, or the house elves did that for her." I shook my head.
I took a big breath before continuing, "Even though she was a terrible mother, Nikki loved her unconditionally. She was always trying to get any kind of praise from her. It's the reason she took an interest and still does in fashion and upper class status. Everything her mother thought was important, but her mother never cared to notice." I sat down, no longer feeling the strength or need to stand. Ron sat down soon after.
"But why did her mom leave?" Hermione asks the one thing I left out.
"The magazine wasn't doing well for a few years, because they lost credibility when a writer made up a story." Luna half explain.
"Since there wasn't enough money to support her shopping, she left. Why a muggle? I don't know." I explain the rest.
"She blames the muggle for her mom leaving. That’s the reason that she hates them, today." Harry asks, trying seeing if he understood.
"If not she would have to admit that her mother that she loved dearly never loved her. A fact that I shove in her face," I gave out a dry chuckle, trying to hold back my tears.
"What?" Luna looks at me alarm. I never told her that part.
"When we got into that fight, I shove it in her face. I yelled at her that her mother left, because she was tired of her always being a spoiled little brat. She decided that living with a muggle and giving up her magic was better than living with her. I even pointed out that she cried over it." I felt the tears fall from my eyes. Michael put his arm around my shoulder to pull me close to him.
"R-Robert, how could you?" Luna looks at me with disgust.
"I feel bad enough, okay. I saw the tears building up in her eyes." I put my head in my hands. I look at Michael. "I don't regret our relationship. I just wish I could have done something different, so I could have kept my best friend." I walk out of the room, ignoring the calls of my name.