Lust or More

Making Amends

‘Why hasn't he mentioned anything? How can he be acting so normal?’ I thought frustrated as I watch him plant his seed in a pot. After he kissed me, he guided me to the Great Hall for dinner. Since then, he’s never brought it up, try to do it again, or even flirt with me like he usually does. It was driving me insane. I knew I was a little out of practice, but was I really that bad, for him to lose all interest in me. Ron seems to think I was a great kisser, but then again he didn't have much to compare me to. I wasn't the only one who notices his platonic approach with me either. Parkinson shot me a smirk every time she saw me.
"Is there something you need help figuring out?" Draco met my stare.
"Why would you ask me that?" I narrow my eyes at him. The bastard was probably doing this on purpose.
"You have been staring at me with a troubled look on your face for a while now." He arches an eyebrow.
"Can you help me plant this?" I ask, thinking on my feet.
"Anything to avoid ruining your nails," he laughs, pushing me out of the way to do it for me. I glance down at my French tips. I did hate ruining them for some stupid class.
"Thanks." I said when I saw he was finished.
"Everyone has a different plant. Your assignment is to figure out what plant you have. You will take your plants with you and write a journal entry every day about the changes you see." Professor Sprout explains. I grab my plant and sprint out of the room.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Draco ran up next to me.
"I want to put this plant in my dorm, before my next class." I lie. I wanted to get away from him.
"You don't have to hurry; you have a free period next." He tries to move in front of me to stop me, but I move right around him.
"I want to go to the library." I lie again. I was meeting up with Neville. We had been tutoring each other. I help him with Defense against the Dark Arts and he helps me with Herbology. I enjoy the friendship that has grown between us.
"If we hurry up, I can walk you to the library." He offers.
"I don't need you to do that, Draco. I'm a big girl." I glare him, couldn’t he take a hint.
"What the bloody hell is your problem?" He hisses. I mutter the password to get into the Slytherin common room. I ran to my room as Draco yell that I was being a brat. I put my plant beside Sophia's cage, before putting my Defense against the Dark Arts and Herbology books into my bag. I walk to the common room and let out a sigh of relief when I saw Draco wasn't waiting for me. I made my way to the abandon classroom where Neville and I meet up. I look around once in awhile to make sure that no one was following me. We both decide it be better to meet in secret. I didn't want the golden trio bothering him with questions about me or deal with the harassment Slytherin would give me. He didn't want Blaise and Draco threatening him.
"Hey Neville." I greet him.
"Hi Nikki, you know that I like us being friends, right." He kept his eyes on the ground.
"I like being your friend too." I smile at him.
"I would never do anything to harm our friendship like telling someone about our tutoring meeting." He looks at me with sad eyes.
"I'm not mad, Neville. Who found out, Potter?" I ask. I knew this wouldn’t be kept a secret for long. We both have nosey people in our lives
"No, me," Robert walk out of the storage room.
"Did you talk to them?" I glare, that was the only thing I need to know from him.
"Can you leave us alone?" Robert asks him. Neville look over at me. I nod to let him know I was okay with it. He gave me a weak smile, before heading out. "I talk to them. They know not to say anything to anyone." He looks back at me when Neville was out of the room.
"Good, that's the least you owe me." I sneer.
"The least you owe me is to hear me out." He snaps.
"Owe you! I don't owe you shit! I heard you out enough!" I throw my bag to the ground. The nerve he had, to make like I owe him after the things he said.
"Don't you think you owe our friendship something, 16 damn years is a lot to throw down the drain." He walks over to stand directly in front of me.
"You throw it down the drain for a relationship that isn't even close to making a year." I point a finger in his face.
"No, you throw it away because of my relationship, not me." He smacks my hand away, to point a finger back at me.
"Does it matter the reason we throw our friendship away? The only thing that matter is that we did. If we are willing to do that then what's the point of even trying to get it back." I shrug. Maybe we were only friend because of the circumstances of being neighbors and going to the same school. We would have lost our friendship anyways, once we graduated and move out of our parent’s house.
"We didn't throw our friendship away, we had a bad fight." He put his hand down; not wanting to believe it was over.
"I want to believe we can fix this, but there something you can't change." I sigh. This conversation was going in circles.
"I hope you're not talking about Michael." He growls.
"I don't give a damn about Corner and he is changeable! People are changeable, sad fact of life! Beside this stop being about him a long time ago!" I was tired of him making me out to the villain in this story. I was the terrible racist pureblood, while he was the innocent brave man ready to face all obstacles for his lover.
"Then what are you talking about?" He throws his hand in the air.
"You can't take back the things you said." I gave him a pointed look. He really thinks he’s the only victim in this.
"It was in the heat of the moment." He sighs. I scoff at his excuse. People kill others in the heat of the moment, doesn’t make it alright.
"Some time it takes the heat of the moment for people to say what they really feel." I look away from him.
"Sometimes in the heat of the moment people say stupid thing just to hurt the other person. They regret it right after they say it." He reaches out to give my hand a squeeze.
"Really, you regret it?" I look back at him.
"Of course I do, don't you?" He nods, hoping that I felt the same.
"Of course, I lost the first person who I love and love me back over some stupid disagreement." I laugh bitterly.
"That very romantic for a friendship," He chuckles.
"Some of the greatest loves are between friends." I was thinking of examples to prove my point if I need to.
"I miss our playful spats. They’re light and fun, but still gratifying to win." He smiles fondly.
"How would you know it’s gratifying to win? I don't remember you ever winning." I smile back.
“I let you think you always win." He teases.
"I am a woman I never think, I know." I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Moment like this is when I am very thankful for being gay, because women are crazy." He shook his head at me. I gasp and punch his shoulder. He tackles me to the ground. We wrestle around like we did when we were children. We end up rolling underneath one of the desks, when we finally stop. "This means we are good, right?" He sat up, leaning against one of the legs on the table.
"I would believe so. How has life been?" I copied him, leaning against the opposite side.
"Been continuing my relationship and kicking myself in the ass for what I did to you. How about you," he ran his ran through his hair trying to fix it. I found myself doing the same.
"I got reacquainted with Blaise and decided to be friends with Draco." I gave me a mini update, seeing as how a lot happen while we were fighting.
"Friend with Draco, like platonic friends," he gasps. It was hard to blame, seeing as how it wasn’t true.
"That was the idea, before he kisses me very passionately and hasn’t brought it up since." I spat out the last part bitterly.
"Interesting, let me know how that plays out. Anything else," He questions.
"I have decided to let go of my anger for mix blood and muggle, so that I can be truly happy." I smile, knowing that would send him over the moon.
"What? I have been trying to get you to do that for years. What made you decided to do this?" He screeches.
"Not the reaction I was expecting, but if you must know it was Weasley." I laugh at his facial expression.
"Which one Fred, George, Ron, Ginny?" He asks with incredible curiosity.
"The one that actually talk to me," I raise an eyebrow at him.
"Ron, I thought he hates you." His mouth hangs open in shock.
"Apparently after hearing my history, he decided that I wasn't who he thought I was." I bite the inside of my cheek. It was odd how even we weren’t on good term he was still able to make me a better person. That didn’t take way the pain I felt from his betrayal, but our friendship would be able to move pass this.
"At least my reasoning for telling your history works out." He picks his jaw up from the floor. "When did this happen? I thought they were too obsessed with finding out what Malfoy was doing." He asks.
"After they interrogated me, he ask for us to have some alone time. He apologizes for how he treated me and for kissing me." I fill in the blanks.
"Wait, Ron kissed you too. What with everyone kissing you?" He gave me a playful push.
"I like to think it's because I'm insanely attractive." I joke, flipping my hair over my shoulder.
"How is he?" He whispers, leaning in like we were gossiping in a crowded room.
"Surprisingly good, it was a rough heated kiss. He pour all of his emotions into the kiss, it was very intense. Hermione is a lucky girl." I told him truthfully.
"Ron Weasley, a good kiss. Who would have guessed?" Rob smiles. We both broke into a fit of laughter, which slowly died down into a comfortable silence. "Oh, and people in our lives aren't changeable. True some died and other abandoned us, but if they truly leave an impact on us then they stay with us always." He ruins our sweet silence to start another playful agreement. I smile at him, ready to win this agreement.

I whistled happily as I pack up a bag of can foods and water bottles for Nathan. Sophia plays with a ball on the side of me. "What are you doing?" I heard a voice that made me jump, screaming.
"Bloody hell, Draco! How do you keep getting up here? Shouldn't the stairs collapse on you?" I pick up a pillow to throw at him, which he of course caught with ease.
"That's my secret, if I tell people this school would be one big orgy." He smirks. I roll my eyes at him. "Seriously though, what is all this? Are you going camping?" He came over to the bed, looking at all the things in my bag.
"No, I am bringing Nathan some supplies." I put a blanket and pillow into the bag, before closing it up.
"Who the hell is Nathan?" He growls, taking the bag away from me to look through it more.
"My niffler, you were there when Hagrid gave it to me. Why can't boys ever remember anything?" I roll my eyes at his behavior. Did he think I meant some guy who lives in the woods or something?
"I remember the niffler, I just didn't remember the name. I remember Sophia." He throws the bag over his shoulder.
"I hope you remember her, you see her every day. Why are you taking my bag?" I try to take it back, but he moves out of my reach.
"I'm coming with you. We got to talk." He told me, shrugs casually.
"Talk? Talk about what?" I was fills with excitement, hoping he was talking about the kiss.
"We should talk there, if we want to get there before its dark." He walks out of the room. I grab Sophia and follow him. "Which tree is he at?" He asks, once we got to the Black Lake.
"I can't believe you actually remembered where I put him." I was impressing for sure, most of the time he looks like he was somewhere else when I talk about my animals.
"I can't remember the name or the exact tree, but that doesn't mean that I don't pay attention at all." He rolls his eyes.
"It's this one." I walk over to it. Draco follows and throws the bag roughly on the ground, earning a glare from me. "Nathan!" I sat down next to his burrow, putting Sophia down. My little niffler came crawling out; freezing when he saw Draco was there. "It's alright, Nathan. He doesn't have the mean niffler with him. Show him, Draco." I pick him up and held him close to my chest in comfort.
"I got nothing, see." He turns his pockets inside out, before putting his hands in the air. Nathan crawls out of my arms to play with Sophia.
"What do you want to talk about?" I ask, anxious to know where we stood.
"Shouldn't you give the nifflers his stuff first?" He scratches the back of his neck.
"Look what I got for you, Nathan." I glare at Draco as I open up the bag. Nathan grabs the pillow and took it in his burrow. He repeats the same actions with the blanket. I turn to Draco waiting for him to start talking. "Draco Lucius Malfoy! You better start talking about the kiss!" I yell at him, losing my patience.
"Who said it was anything about the kiss?" He smirks, happy to know that it affected me. I narrow my eyes at him. "Alright, it's about the kiss." He sat down next to me.
"What did it mean to you?" I turn my body towards him, while crossing my legs.
"The kiss made me realize that we can't just be friends. I thought we could be, because it was only physical attraction between us, but it’s not just that anymore for me." He grabs my hands off my lap and held them in his.
"What are you saying, Draco?" I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks after taking a deep breath.
"Do you realize what you are asking me?" I felt my stomach twist in excitement and anxiety. "A girlfriend is more than just fooling around. It's about commitment, communication, and being compassionate with one another. It means no other girls or mind games." I search his face to see if he understood.
"I know what a girlfriend is Nicole. That's why I never had one." He grips my hands in his tighter.
"And you are asking me to be your girlfriend?" I ask, still not believing it.
"I did, but you're making me regret it!" He let go of my hands to rub his temples in frustration.
"I want to make sure you know what you are asking me." I glare, but kept my hands in his lap.
"I know what I'm asking you. I'm not an idiot. Will you be my girlfriend?" He growls.
"Yes, I will be." I snap at him. My anger, not letting me enjoy the moment I have been waiting years for.
A smile grew on his face as he chuckles, "If this isn't the start of a beautiful relationship, I don't know what is." He pulls me into a tight hug and gave me a tender kiss. I smile, kissing him back with the excitement I was feeling when he first said we need to talk.