Lust or More

Smores

I hid behind a pillar as Draco look over his shoulder in paranoia. Rightfully, so since I've been following him for half an hour while he went in circles. His random disappearing acts have been more frequent and for longer periods of time. I’ve been trying to follow him for weeks, each time I lost him. What was he doing that was so top secret that he would think someone was following him? Why would it matter if someone found out? I was going crazy wondering. All I know was whatever he was doing was driving him crazy too. He was looking more tired and over work every day. He would jump down people's throats for the littlest things. I was relieve when he finally stop in front of a wall. A giant door appears in front of him, I had to bite my hand to stop from gasping.
“It's the room of requirements.” I heard a voice making me jump. I turn around to see Harry Potter. “It's a room for people in...” He was informing me, before I cut him off.
“I know about the room. Do you know what he’s using the room for?” I couldn't help but ask.
“You really don't know.” He looks shock.
“Of course, I don't know. Why do you think I'm following him?” I throw my hands in the air.
“I don't know what he doing in there. The door disappears before I can get to it.” He told me. I let out a sigh of frustration. “Have you asked him?”
“Only a thousand times, he tells me that I need to trust him. We may be together, but that doesn't mean he can't have his own stuff.” I cross my arms. I felt like an idiot, what girlfriend doesn't know what their boyfriend spend a majority of their time doing.
“If it makes you feel better no one ever goes in with him.” He shoves his hands in his pockets.
“Thanks that does make me feel better.” I admit. “It also makes me feel better that someone else is going crazy over this.” I smile weakly at him.
“I'm not going crazy!” He glares.
“You drag me into a room and scream at me.” I raise an eyebrow at him.
“Sorry about that.” He laughs nervously.
“It's all in a day’s work for a hero.” I shrug.
“Why do you Slytherins think I do the things I do to be a hero? I don't love attention!” He yells the last part.
"You need to learn to take a joke." I put my hands up in surrender. He has some pretty drastic mood swings.
"Sorry, I've been on edge lately." He sighs. "Do you want to come with me? A bunch of us are going to make s'mores."
"You're inviting me to hang out." I look at him suspiciously.
"I know, you been dodging meeting Michael. Both him and Robert will be there." He informs me.
"I'm not avoiding him, because he's a half blood. It's just awkward, he knows I hated on him. What am I supposed to do just be nice all of a sudden," I rant. “That felt good to get out. I don’t have anyone to talk to about the Michael situation. Luna and Neville want to stay out of it. Draco says that I don’t have to be nice to Michael, because Robert isn’t nice to him. But, I want to be nice. I want him to like me.” I let out a deep breath, happy to get that off my shoulders.
“Alright then, do you want to go?” He looks cautious. He was probably scared that he would hit another emotional landmine.
“Sure, but what’s a s'more?” I ask. He laughs, throwing an arm around me. He told me all about s’more while guiding me somewhere. It sounds delicious. He led me to the Stone Circle there was a fire in the middle of it with a bunch of people surrounding it.
“Hey guys, look who I found.” He greets them. I wave as most of their jaws drop in shock. Only Robert, Michael, Luna and Neville look happy to see me.
“I was right, this is awkward.” I whisper to him. He rolls his eyes at me, dragging me to sit between Michael and Neville.
“Hello Nikki, this is Michael. Michael, this is Nikki.” Robert introduces us.
“Nice to finally meet you, you must have so many embarrassing childhood stories about Robert.” He hugs me.
“Nice to meet you too,” I laugh nervously, patting him on the back.
“Are you nervous? You shouldn’t be. I’m the boyfriend meeting the best friend, I should be nervous.” He pulls away from the hug to smile at me. He was so nice it made me feel like an idiot for hating him without even knowing him.
“She feels awkward, because you know she use to hate you because of your blood.” Potter told him.
“Go away, Potter.” I snap. That would be the last time I tell him anything.
“Getting it out in the open helps,” he shot me a teasing smile, before going to sit with Ron and Granger.
“You don’t have to worry about that. The past is in the past. Beside, you’re trying to rise above it.” Robert smiles encouragingly at me.
“Which, I find very inspirational by the way. We should all look in ourselves and see how we can grow.” Michael gave my shoulder a squeeze.
"I never thought about it that way." I beam at him.
"Did you ever make s'mores before?" Neville ask me. I turn to him, shaking my head.
"Let me teach you. I'm the master." Michael put a marshmallow on a stick. "You have to keep a careful watch on it. If you cook it for too long it'll melt right off the stick and it'd be a waste of food." He explains.
"In Michael's world that's a sin that should damn people to hell," Robert teases.
"The food you waste could have saved someone’s life." He glares at Robert. I laugh it was cute to see them playfully going back and forth. "Um, my marshmallow is ready. Now you put it between the graham cracker with chocolate on one side and there you go. It's a simple way to make heaven on earth." He pushes his two crackers together, mashing his now golden marshmallow.
"I think I got it." I grab a stick putting a marshmallow on it, before sticking it in the fire. I turn to Neville when Robert and Michael began to giggle and whisper sweet nothings to each other. He was staring at Luna, who was happily humming as she routes her stick. I look back at my marshmallow deciding that routing would be a good idea. "You should go talk to her." I pull him away from his thoughts.
"Who?" He asks. I nudge my head in Luna direction. "I can't, look how happy she is by herself. You might want to take your marshmallow out." He told me. I pull my marshmallow out in a panic.
"Aw, it's burnt." I look at my charcoal looking marshmallow. I grab two crackers and a chocolate figuring it still might be good. I like my steak a little over cook, maybe it’ll be the same for s'mores. "Luna always welcomes company. How are you supposed to lift this relationship off the ground if you never talk to her?" I took a bite of the s'mores. I let out a moan of satisfaction. I definitely like s’mores like my steak.
"Then you would be a fifth wheel." He teases.
"If it gets too much for me, I'll drag Draco along." I laugh.
"Good luck with that." He got up and walks over to Luna. She smiles at him as he sat down next to her. I watch them, smiling. Luna deserves someone who was smart, thoughtful, open minded, and would put her first. Neville Longbottom was that guy.
"Does Draco know you're here?" Ron asks, making me jump. I didn't notice that he sat down next to me.
"No, he doesn’t. We are a couple, but that doesn't mean we can't have our own things." I said. If Draco could have his own things then so could I.
"Wouldn't he have a problem with you hanging out with mix blood and bloody traitors?" He looks at me unconvinced.
"As long as I don't push him to do the same, he doesn't care. We are a couple, but we are separate people." I search his face, wondering why he was talking to me.
"Don't you think being with him, will bring you down? You are smart with so much potential. Being with someone who isn't on your level will take that all from you." He shook his head.
"Is that why you're not with Granger?" It felt should like he was talking to her and not me.
"What?" He looks shock. He thought I was smart, but he didn’t think I would be able to see the obvious.
"She's the smartest in our class. She has the potential to be anything she wants. You think her being with you will derail her from all that." I figure it out in my head. He stares at me speechless. "Granger is a brilliant girl with an amazing head on her shoulder. Even being with a moron like you, won't take that from her."
"I think you just like playing matchmaker." He looks over at Luna and Neville.
"No. It annoys me when two people clearly like each other, but are too scared to make a move." I shrug.
"You do it for purely selfish reasons." He raises an eyebrow.
"Wouldn't be a true Slytherin if I did it for any other reason," I smirk.
"I don't think you are." He smiles.
"You don't deny it. Maybe you should go over there, she is waiting for you. Be a true Gryffindor. Be brave." I push him out of his seat.
"I'm going. I'm going." He put his hands up in surrender as he walk away. I grab another marshmallow to put on the stick. I got two guys to do what I wanted I wonder if I could get a third one too.

I walk into Draco’s dorm determined to get some answers, but he wasn’t there. I let out a big sigh and throw myself on his bed. I was debating on if I should go look for him or wait for him here. I decide to wait for him. He would have to come to his dorm sooner or later. I pick up his charm book, deciding to get some reading for class done.

I felt my shoulder being poke at. I open my eyes, seeing a charm book under me. I groan, cracking my neck, before looking over to see a tired looking Draco. “What are you doing here?” He pushes me over to lay down next to me.
“Waiting for you,” I stood up to put away his charm book.
“For what?” He yawns.
“When was the last time you slept?” I sat back down the bed. He put his head on my lap.
“Sacrifices have to be made when you have responsibilities.” He snuggles into my stomach as I ran my fingers through his hair.
“What kind of responsibilities are worth your sleep and sanity?” I massage his scalp.
“The kind that you don't need to worry about,” He hisses as I rub his temples.
“I just want to take some of the load off your shoulders.” I move down to rub the body part I spoke of.
“And, how would you do that?” He pushes my hands off him as he sat up.
“I don’t know, but I’m sure there a way I can.” I said confidently.
“When I think of a way you can help, I will tell you.” He got off the bed.
“Sometime a second pair of eyes helps.” I crawl to the end of the bed nearest to him.
“Damn it, Nicole! When the dark lord is involved the less you know the better.” He growls.
“The dark lords involved?” I gasp.
“Yes, he is. It’s dangerous and I don’t want you involved in it.” He cups my face.
“If you’re involved then I want to be involved.” I kneel, so I was face to face with him.
He pushes me down, making me fall back onto the bed. He pace around the room, picking things up and throw them across the room. I let out a scream when a book almost hit my head. “Do you really want to know?” He roars.
“Yes, I do! I have only been asking for the past month!” I pout.
“You can’t tell anyone, not even Luna or Robert.” He glares down at me. I nod. “I have been chosen by the Dark Lord to fix the vanish cabinet to let my fellow death eaters into Hogwarts.” He told me, proudly. I felt my stomach drop. I never thought it be this. I naively held onto the hope that it as something juvenile like planning a liberate prank.
“Why do the death eaters want to come here?” I ask, scared of the answer.
“They will take over Hogwarts and I will kill Dumbledore.” He whispers to me, not looking as proud.
“Draco, why?” I shook my head. I didn’t want him to do this. This would lead to a war that I wasn’t sure either of us would live through.
“I was chosen by the dark lord, it’s an honor.” He glares.
“Taking someone's life is serious.” I was more worried than I was before.
“I know, but it’s something I have to do.” He shot me a desperate look.
“Why do you have to, it's not like you’re a… wait you said my fellow death eaters.” I rush over to him and pull up both of his sleeves. There it was on his left forearm, the dark mark.
“Oh, Draco,” I hug him. I felt such sorrow for him, being forced to do this, to grow up so fast and harshly. I found myself crying into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and place a kiss on my forehead.
“Everything going to be alright,” He whispers to me. I felt horrible, him having to comfort me when he’s the one that going through all of it. But, all I could find it in myself to do is hold on to him tighter.