Lust or More

Scarf

“So, this is your beloved niffler.” Robert watch Sophia and him play together.
“Hagrid gave him to me,” I told him.
“Hey, that’s my watch.” He points at Nathan carrying a watch out of his burrow.
“I didn’t know that he travels into the castle.” I shrug my shoulders. I was use to seeing my fellow student’s belongs in Nathan’s mouth.
“It must have been when I went swimming in the black lake.” He glares at my niffler.
“You swim with your watch on?” I ask.
“No, I took it off and put it in my bag. When I look for it the next day, I thought it must have drop out of my bag. Do you think he will give it back to me?” He scans Nathan, noticing his claws and teeth.
“You can try, but his teeth are sharp.” I tease.
“Get it for me!” He demands.
“Are you scared of a tiny animal,” I gasp.
“I’m not trying to get bite by even a mosquito.” He narrows his eyes at me.
I laugh as I call Nathan over. “Give Robert’s watch back.” I demand, knowing how possessive he was over his treasure. I had to throw him a stern look, before he gave it back to Robert.
“He cleaned it.” He looks at his watch in amazement.
“Niffler treats their treasures very well,” I explain.
“In that case, he can steal it every once in awhile. I normally have to pay a lot of money to get it clean like this.” He slides his watch back onto his wrist.
“How are you and Malfoy?” He asks. I bite my lip, not knowing how to answer that, because I couldn’t tell him about the vanishing cabinet. “That bad,” he read my facial expression.
“I can tell that something bothering him lately, but it so hard to get him to open up.” I explain my situation the best way I could without being too vague.
“The pureblood family is about the illusion of the perfect life. They brag, have angry rants, but never sob about their lives.” He tries to make me feel better.
“Illusions are for outsiders. I’m not an outsider, I’m his girlfriend.” I defend my position, though I was defending it to the wrong person.
“Have you told him that?” he asks.
“I have tried everything to get him open up to me, but he always shuts me out. Now, we are stuck in this weird awkward place, where we are both pretending everything alright. Even though, we both know the other knows we are far from alright.” I rant.
“You knew what you were getting into when you agree to be the girlfriend of a lost angry soul.” He shrugs his shoulders, deciding to tell me the blunt truth since I didn’t go for his other reasoning. I let out a huge sigh throwing my head back into the tree making a soft thump. My hands subconsciously toying with my scarf, as I let his words sink in. What did I get myself into?

“Where the hell did I put it?” I turn my whole room upside down looking for my astronomy textbook, but I couldn’t find it. I try to think about the last place I had it. I remember that I let Draco borrow mine, because he throws his in the Black Lake when he got frustrated. I made my way to his room. I didn’t see it on his bookshelf or on top of his desk. I hesitate before opening the draws to dig through them. I felt bad for invading his privacy, but I need to get this essay done. I could have went and ask him where it is, but he was working on the cabinet. I had too much pride to go in the there, after he banished me. I saw a letter that had my name in it. I couldn’t stop myself from grabbing it.

Dear Draco Malfoy,
This letter is to inform you on our discussion of you finding a wife to carry on our bloodline. I have thought about what you said and I decided that you can marry Nicole Lopes. Her mother maybe the worst kind of bloody traitor, but your mother made a good point. In all the time that you had her over she has never has shown any signs of being one. But, if I see anything that makes me suspicious you will get rid of her permanently.
Sincerely,
Lucifer Malfoy

I sat down as I read over the letter a second time, not believing what I was reading. The letter was short and put so many questions into my head. Who the hell said anything about marriage? Was he only with me, because his parents want him to settle down? Is he planning on making me into some brainwash deatheater wife? What does him mean by get rid of me permanently? I didn’t even know that his dad felt this way about me. The long hair weasel always smiles to my face when I went there. I wonder if his son is as good of an actor as he is. I stood up with the letter in hand and made my way to the Room of Requirements. I storm in to find him with a dead bird in his hand, a deep frown on his face, and tears in his eyes. I wasn’t going to pity him when I didn’t even know what his intentions with me were.
“What is this?” I throw the letter at his chest. It hit the ground, since his hands were full. He put the bird down and pick up the letter.
“What are you doing digging through my things?” He growls, making me want to crawl into a hole.
“Where is my astronomy book?” I felt a bubble rise in my chest as my rage flattens.
“What does that have to do with you invading my privacy?” He took a step towards me. I froze remembering his hands around my neck. My bruises were a fading yellow now that I cover up with a scarf. “Are you going to answer me?” He snaps.
“I was looking for it,” I squeak out.
“It’s in my bag. I’m sure you can get it yourself, since you feel so comfortable to go through my things.” He points to his bag on the ground by the cabinet. I gingerly walk around him and over to his bag. I look over at him to see that he was in the same spot as before. I bent down to grab my book from his bag. I made my way over to the door, having lost all courage in confronting him. “So what, that’s it? You don’t want to ask me about the letter?” He asks, making me freeze.
“If you want to tell me,” I turn around.
“If I don’t want to tell you, you are just going to accept that.” He raises an eyebrow at me. I open my mouth, but quickly shut it when I didn’t know what to say. “I notice that you have been avoiding having any confrontation with me lately.” He took a step closer. I had to fight the instinct inside of me to take a step back. When he saw that I was staying still, he walks over to me. “What happened the last time isn’t going to happen again,” he unwrap the scarf from around my throat. “It makes me sick to see what I did to you,” he rubs my bruise. I want to believe him, but I knew rage. It made you do things without thinking, like how I came in here. “If it happens again I will permanently remove myself from your life.” He told me, seeing the doubt in my eyes.
“What do you Malfoys mean when you say permanently remove?” I cringe remembering the same phrase in the letter.
He let out a dry laugh. “When I say it, it means that I will do everything in my power to make sure you never see my face again. I’ll switch my classes, not go to school functions, and if I see you anywhere I’ll be the one to leave.” He explains.
“And when your dad says it?” I ask, knowing the answer.
“I think you can use your imagination for that.” He looks down at his feet.
“You don’t think you should tell someone when their life is in danger by being with you.” I wrap my arms around myself.
“You’re not a bloody traitor.” He shook his head.
“I don’t have to be, he just has to have a suspicion.” I watch as he let out a deep sigh.
“He is a spineless coward. He is not going to do anything. I won’t let him.” He hugs me tightly to him. He gave me a kiss on the forehead.
“Are you with me, because your parents want you to settle down?” I built up the courage to ask.
“When they told me I had to get married, your face is the one that pop into my mind? I think deep down, I always knew you were the end game for me” He let me go and look into my eyes.
“So, you want to be with me? I’m not just another mission, am I?” I ask, even though I fear what the answer would be.
“You are the only good thing in this whole complicated situation. Believe me when I say I keep you in the dark, because I want to protect you. Look, at how much you’re hurting right now over something that doesn’t matter. Our relationship, my feeling for you are real, I wouldn’t put up with your craziness if it wasn’t.” He gave me a kiss.
I wrap my arms around his neck. This kiss was different than the rest. It was filled with desperation, want, and need. He was convincing me to stay with his kiss and I can easy say that I wasn’t going anywhere. As we pull away for air, a thought pop into my mind. “Who did your parents want you to marry?” I ask.
“My mom wanted me to choose. My dad wanted Pansy, said she’s submissive only to me. Apparently that all it takes to be a good wife.” He snorts.
“You don’t agree.” I tease.
“It’s fun at first, but after a while it's like going out with yourself. I find that it more appeal to be with a girl that has her own mind.” He smiles down at me. I couldn’t stop the large goofy smile that was spreading across my face. “So, you got to get over the fear, alright. It was an isolated incident, I swear. There a lot of scary thing in this world, but I’m not one of them.” He rubs my throat. It was easier to fight the instinct to move away from him.
“No, you’re my teddy bear.” I gave him a hug. He groans at the pet name I gave him.
“I will not answer to that in public.” He told me. I laugh, before pulling him into a kiss.