Lust or More

Healing

I dipped my bread into the tomato soup, before taking a bite out of it. Soup was definitely what my body wants on this cold day.
Blaise sat down across from me grinning ear to ear, letting me know that he had top notch news to tell. “Bell finally woke up. Today suppose to be her first day back.”
“She only woke up now. Didn’t she pass out months ago?” I felt a little guilty for forgetting about the girl, not matter how much I had going on myself.
“Well, she did touch a curse necklace that was meant to kill someone.” He points out.
“Did she say who did it?” I hope they caught the person responsible. It was scary to think someone was willing to put an innocent life at risk to do such a horrible act.
“She can’t remember anything. Not who gave the necklace or who she was supposed to give it to.” He shook his head.
“How do you know all this?” I ask, even though I knew he wouldn’t tell me. He likes to be mysterious.
“Now, if I reveal my sources I will never get information from them again.” He shrugs his shoulder to say sorry, not sorry.
“Then I’ll just have to stick with my theory that you’re shagging a professor to get this inside information.” I shrug in the same manner.
“Don’t be disgusting, they're all old and gross.” He pulls a face.
“If they were good looking, you would be willing to sleep with them for information.” I arch an eyebrow.
“If their good looking, I would sleep with them regardless. So, I might as well get the information too.” He smirks mischievously, causing me to giggle. “Look there she is now.” He points across the room over to the poor girl.
A few people were coming up to her, probable asking her how she was. I couldn’t help, but roll my eyes at them. If they actually care about her, they wouldn’t need to ask because they would know already. They would have been checking up on her when she was in the hospital. They would’ve been there helping her through the physical and mental trauma she went through when she woke up. No, they didn’t care they were just nosey. I suppose I couldn’t judge too much, since I found Blaise humorous for his nosey aspect.
I perk up in the seat when I saw Harry Potter go up to her. Before, he could even open his mouth she shook her head letting him know that she knew nothing. He was nodding his head when something caught his eye over her shoulder. She look back to see what he was looking at. I did the same. Draco was standing there as still as a statue. He was staring at Bell like he saw a ghost. In that instant I realize that he was the one who curse her. I cringe when I saw that Potter came to the same conclusion as me. Draco turns around and ran out the door, with Potter hot on his trial.
I look at Blaise and thank Merlin that he was flirting with Daphne. This way I was able to slip away without anyone questioning me. I walk out of the Great Hall and curse when I saw they were nowhere in sight. I try to think of where Draco would go. I decide to go to the part of the castle that was less populated right now. I ran down the halls when my anxiety got that best of me. I realize that Draco didn’t know that Potter was following him. In his panic state he would no doubt throw a hex at Potter. As confident I was in Draco’s ability, I couldn’t help but feel that Potter would win that matchup. He is the boy that was allergic to failure.
I stop to catch my breath when I saw Potter ran out a room and right passes me like he didn’t see me. Dread fill me, his behavior was as if he was leaving the scene of a crime he committed. I slowly walk into the room, scared to see what I would find. I let out a silent gasp, tear running down my face as I took in the sight of Draco lying in a large puddle of his own blood. His once white shirt was completely red, skin as white as snow, and his body looked lifeless limp. It wasn’t until I notice his shirt turning back to white and the blood puddle getting smaller that Professor Snape was kneeling over him. He was muttering a healing spell. I move closer to watch him as he was healing, but he stays unconscious.
“Do you know of a place we could take him to sleep this off?” Snape stood up and look down at me.
“We aren’t going to take him to the hospital wing?” I ask. I trust Snape’s work, but it would be nice to have a professional look him over.
“That would lead to too many questions.” He gave me a stern look, letting me know we weren’t going to be doing that. He was right, I wouldn’t be able to say Potter attacked him, because then question of why he would do that would come up and then Draco would be in trouble.
“My dorm,” I thought of the place that I love for the alone time I could get in there.
“Don’t you have a roommate?” He asks.
“We made a wall, so we could have our own rooms.” I told him. It was against the rules, but I didn’t think that matter at the moment. He most of had the same thought for he went from surprise, annoy, to agreeable.
“We will wait a little while for classes to start and then we’ll move him there.” He instructs. I nod, agreeing with his plan. He moves to the entrance of the bathroom to stop anyone from coming in. I kneel down beside Draco, caressing his face. I look him over to make sure that he was really healed. “Alright, it time.” Snape move back over to us, picking Draco up. We move quietly and quickly to my dorm. He put him down my bed. “I trust that you will be able to take care of him from here.” He turns to me.
“How long will he be asleep for?” I want to know how long I would have to wait to know if he would wake up or not.
“A few hours, he will wake up with a nasty headache and a dry throat.” He informs me.
“I can take care of that.” I plan to fill the mug I got him for Christmas with ice cold water. Without another word, he left me alone to deal with Draco. I got the mug ready and put it down on my nightstand. I change him out of his damp clothes and into the pair of flannel pants and shirt he left in my room. To keep busy and I manual clean my room and Sophia’s cage. Every once in while I would look over to watch his chest rise and fall to remind myself that he was going to be okay. I was in the bathroom, scrubbing the tub when I heard coughing. I ran to him, giving him the mug. He drank as if he been lost in desert for days. I rub his back as he came up for air.
“What happened?” He passes me the mug and I put it back on the night stand.
“You and Potter got into some kind of fight. Snape and I found you on the ground in a pool of your own blood.” I cry as the image came back to me. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead. I felt guilty that he had to comfort me again when he was the one going through all the pain. “Snape was able to heal you. We brought you up here to rest. I couldn’t take you to the hospital wing; it would bring up too many questions. I change you out of your wet clothes and clean the dorm.” I gave him a play by play of everything that happened while he was unconscious.
“I’m sorry you had to see me like that.” He gave my hip a squeeze.
“You’re okay now, so it’s all good.” I pat his chest as I lay my head on his shoulder.
“I never meant to hurt her. She was supposed to give it to Dumbledore.” He frowns, sounding so weak. I could see that he was filled with grief and guilt that he almost took an innocent person's life, although he would have to be doing that soon anyways. Hearing him say that made me feel the same emotions for hours ago I was hoping the person who did that to Bell would get caught and punished. I guess in same way I got my wish.
“Well, it even now. You both got attacked and almost died.” I try to easy his conscious. He hums in response. “I love you” I kiss his jaw line.
“Are you only saying that because I almost died?” He teases.
“When I saw you lying there, I thought I never get to say that to you again.” I drape myself over him.
“I love you too.” He squeezes me tight. Not to the point that it hurt, but enough to pull me flat against his body. “In that split second that I got from being hit with the hex and going into unconsciousness, I had the same thought.” He sways us back and forth. “I want you to know that I have loved you, since that night.” He opens the locket that was around my neck.
“Really,” I look up at him.
“I remember the first time I saw you sitting on the stool with the sorting hat on your head. I thought you were the most beautiful person I ever seen. I was so happy when I heard you got sorted into Slytherin, for I knew that I would too. I build the courage to approach you at the Halloween dance. We dance, talk, laugh all night. I never felt so carefree in all my life. I knew with you, I can feel that way for the rest of my life. We just have to get over this hurdle.” He ran his hand through my hair over and over again.
“I never had sex with anyone else. The farthest I went was oral.” I confess. In pettiness I always let him use his own imagination for what did I with other guys. His near death experiences made me not want to hold anything back. Because, the reality of the matter was we didn’t know how much longer either of us had. We were in the middle of a war. We were some of the few that were actually negotiating it. He was being force to help start it.
“Good to know, but that all the details I need.” He made a face at the thought of me being with someone else. I giggle as I lean forward to connect our lips. He kisses me back, making passion and hunger run through my body. He nibbles on my bottom lip as he pulls back. He gave me a peck on lips as he cups my face. “I have never given any other girl a present before, only you. Your favorite necklace, the one that you can’t remember who you got it from, it’s from me.” He plays with the locket around my neck. Although that wasn’t the necklace he was talking about. It was the one I adore for years, the black heart with my name engrave across and the green diamond surrounding it. I remember the smug look he had when I was wearing it while I was with James. “I gave it to you on the first valentine’s day we share together.” He told me.
“I remember.” I nod. He woke me up in the middle of the night and took me down to the common room. There were candles everywhere, all the furniture was moved. In the middle of the room was a blanket with a picnic basket. After having a nice midnight snack, we end up having sex right there. We lay on the ground in the aftermath with the blanket over us. He hand me the box that had the necklace in it. I remember feeling so special, only for Parkinson to tell me the next day that she got the same kind of necklace from him. “Parkinson said you gave her the same necklace. But when I ask to see it, she caused a scene.” I laugh at the memory.
“That sounds like her.” He laughs turn into a yawn.
“Maybe you should get some more sleep. Let your body heal itself.” I told him, as he shook his head fighting his sleep.
“Whatever you say nurse, I want you to be wearing the uniform when I get up.” He let out a tired laughs as his eyes slowly close and sleep took over him.