Lust or More

Quidditch Fever

I lay on the ground trying to get as much air into my lungs as possible. “Here have some water.” Blaise hands me a bottle. I sat up, snatching it from him, and gulp it down.
“If you get drain from practice than you’ll never make it in a game.” James hiss as he hovers over me.
“In a game I’m not going to need to do 40 laps, push-ups, sit-ups, and all those other dumb drills.” I glare at him as I resist the urge to throw the water bottle at him.
“No, but quidditch games can go on for hours. That’s hours of chasing after the snitch while dodging bludgers. You need stamina, something that you don’t have. Something you need to develop in the next few days. SO GET UP!” He grabs my arm and roughly pulls me to my feet. A broom was shoves into my chest. “Don’t just stand there, get in the air!”
I let out a dramatic sigh as I got on my broom and join the others in the air. “I told them a girl wouldn’t be able to handle quidditch.” Theodore Nott snorts. He flies circles around me, breathing hard. “I can’t go faster I might mess up my hair!” He screams in a shrill high pitch voice.
“I caught the snitch every time that it was let out, while you have let the quaffle in the hoop 20 times out of 25.” I remind him. I flinch as he flies right in front of me, hissing in my face. “It’s good to have house pride, but you’re taking it too far.” I gag at the stench of his breath.
“Stop playing around and get ready. I’m going to let out the snitch again and we are going to try out play 12. Nott try not to let the quaffle get in again.” James, who was now up in the air with us, gave out orders. I bark out a laugh as Notts look ready to spit out fire. He sneers at me before flying over to try defends the hoops.
This time I decide to give the snitch a head start to make it more of a challenge, after counting to ten I took off after it. I went higher than the rest of them, looking around for the golden ball. I went around the quidditch field a few times scanning the area. I curse when I saw that it was by the hoops, I speed over there. I will be damn if Notts grab it out of spite. The snitch went through one of the hoops and I follow it. I push my broom up to avoid both the quaffle and Notts bat. I felt the air from the quaffle just missing my back as I dive down for the snitch. I shook my head it was my luck that he would be able to block it when I’m in the dangerous zone. I had to stretch out my whole body to the point that I was laying down on the broom in order to grab the snitch by the ends of one of its wings. As I pull it closer to me I use my other hand to get a better hold on it. I went back to the ground to put the snitch back in its case. I let out an amuse chuckle as the Gryffindor quidditch team walk on the field.
“Get off the field you guys have been out here for four hours already!” Harry cups his hands over his mouth to make his voice louder. In seconds, all the slytherins were on the ground.
“Are you going to make me?” James got in his face.
“Come on, you been booking the field for every opening that you can. There are other teams you know.” Harry shook his head in frustration.
“Hey, I have a new seeker.” He waves his hand in my directions. They all turn to stare at me in shock.
“I didn’t know you guys allow girls on your team, especially such a prissy one.” Ginny Weasley look me up and down in distaste.
I bite back the comment of how her brother couldn’t keep his hands off this prissy girl instead I went for an equal as pity comment. “We figure since you guys had one, we could too.”
“Are you calling me prissy?” She let out a sarcastic laughs. I rolls eyes, I don’t care if she had a billion brothers she still like dressing up and wearing make-up. In my book that meant she wasn’t some rough tomboy she was portraying herself to be right now.

“No, I was talking about your brother.” I smirk as I watch both of them jerk forward to get at me.
“Look, I don’t want to have to get a professor.” Harry step in between us, but kept his stare on James.
“We’re going, don’t worry. Merlin knows you’ll need the practice to even be half as good as us.” He laughs as he leads us off the field. The boys went into the locker room and I was about to go to my dorm when James grab my arm.
“Here,” He hand me a black notebook.
“What is this?” I got my answer when I skim through the book. “Why do I need a playbook? I’m a seeker unless the snitch goes along with this I don’t think any of these plays will help me.” I try to hand the book back, but he took a step back.
“You need to memories the play so you don’t get in the way of them like you did today.” He gave me a stern look as he waves his finger in my face.
“Are you talking about me going through the hoop? I was following the snitch and I got it. In a game do you want me to not go for it and let the other team seeker get it?” I smack his hand away from me. I couldn’t believe him, most people would be happy with a seeker who willing to do anything to get the snitch.
“No, I want you to go for it, but next time I want you to be able to do it without almost getting hit by the quaffle. If you know the plays you would be able to do that.” He put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. I roll eyes if you really care about someone safety you would convince them to quit quidditch.
“How often do these plays even work out for you in a real game?” I raise an eyebrow at him. The great thing about qudditch is that it was unpredictable, unlike muggles sport each ball has mind of its own. It was also the thing that made it so dangerous.
“Plenty, they don’t always have to be perfect there good guidelines.” He throws his hands in the air. From go out with him to having him as a captain, I know that dramatic hand motions meant a tantrum was about to happen. I decide to do it, but not to be happy about it.
“Fine, I’ll memorize them, still think it’s useless.” I let out a huff as I walk away not wanting to hear anymore from him.
“That’s a good girl!” He yells after me. I stop in my tracks and took a deep breath before continuing to make my way to my dorm.
I shred my clothes and jump into the shower. I let the cold water cool down my body then turn it hot to completely relieve my muscles. I wash all the sweat and dirty off of me, before stepping out of the shower to dry myself off. With one towel wrap around my body and another in my hair, I walk into my room. I put on a pair of black panties, blue pajamas shorts with pink roses on them, and a pink tank top. My feet slip into some pink fuzzy slippers that resemble a monster’s foot. I gather the playbook, transfiguration book, parchment, quill, and ink container to drop it all on the bed. I jump on the bed to start my essay for class. Sophia climbs out of her cage and join me on the bed. My hair kept getting in my face so I put it up into a messy bun, before continuing my homework. I roll up the parchment paper when I was done with my essay and open up the playbook. We were the green Xs and the opponents were the red Os. I snorts, he realize that we had opponents other than Gryffindor, right.
“How many are there?” I flip the pages until it was blank than went one page back. “40! He has lost his mind! Why didn’t he give this to me right away?” I turn to Sophia, who raises her hands in the air. “I don’t know what that means, but I’ll assume it means you agree with me.” I laugh, petting her. I pour myself into the playbook.

“Play 20 is when the beaters hit the quaffles at the keeper freeing up our chasers to score on them.” I look up in the air as I try to recall. I cheer so loudly when I saw that I got it correct, that I didn’t notice Draco come in.
“Are you kidding me, you missed dinner for this?” He yells, making me jump.
“I also did my transfiguration essay.” I held up the roll of parchment.
“Captain Prick said that you better stop skipping meals, you need all the nourishment you can get.” He made his voice whiney to mock James.
“One meal,” I roll my eyes; throwing myself back on the bed.
“For me, it’s more than one meal. It’s hours of practices, quidditch meets, and now studying plays.” He counts them off with his fingers.
“I never complain when you were playing quidditch. In fact, I use to give you a massage after practices and games.” I sat up to glare at him.
“That was before we were in a committed relationship. While you are busy playing childish games, I’m preparing for our future.” He hovers over me. I could see the anger and resentment swirling around in his eyes
“Do you know your problem is, Draco?” I stood up and poke him in the chest with each word.
“I believe I just stated it.” He grabs me by my wrist.
“No that’s not it, you can’t handle that for once I’m doing something that doesn’t revolve around you.” I pull myself out his grip and gave him a shove to put some distance between us. Sophia ran back into her cage.
“You don’t even like playing quidditch, it just an excuse to get away from me.” He kept the space between us, but his eyes got darker and intense.
“Get away from you? You are the one that kick me out!” I remind him. He was the one that told me I wasn’t need, now he mad because I found something to fill my time.
“I only kick you out of the room of requirements. You are the one that decided to not be there everywhere else. In the Great Hall and classes we may sit together, but you only talk to the team. Whenever I come up here now you’re passes out, you use to wait up for me and ask me about my day. Now, you don’t care at all. I don’t know why I came up here.” He shook his head, let out a bitter laugh as if I was the one being ridiculous.
“I don’t know why either if you just going to be a jerk. I am my own person Draco I can have my own things. I don’t have to schedule myself around you. You certainly don’t ever do that for me.” I throw daggers at him with my eyes. I thank Merlin that I knew how to control my magic, if not I might have made his head explode.
“You want be your own person so bad, then you can do it properly by yourself.” He storms out of my dorm, slamming the door so hard the pictures on the wall moves.
I let out a sob as I throw myself on the bed. A part of me wants to run after him, because he was right I didn’t like playing quidditch. But, after all the practice, meetings, and studying I want to play in that game. I need to know that all the work I did wasn’t for nothing. I wish that he would support me, even if it’s not convenient for him. Especially since this is only temporary and I’m making history. I will be the first female on the Slytherin Quidditch team. My name will forever be in the books for that, so for the games that I do play I want to make a good impression. For that reason I let Draco go, for he needs to know that I’m his girlfriend not his lap dog.
♠ ♠ ♠
After reading through my other story and finding some many errors, I look over this one too. I was saddened to see that it was in the same state. While it isn’t completely unreadable, there still at least an error in every chapter that make me cringe. So, thank you for reading this far and know that I plan to edit it once I finish the story. If I’m honest it’s never going to be error free.