Lust or More

Time Capsule

The morning after the death eaters meeting we visited the healer who confirmed that I was pregnant. It had been four months since then, it was filled with constant changes in all forms. Draco was gone more doing Merlin knows what, leaving me in the room by myself. This mansion had no novels. All they had were dark art textbooks. I was so bored that I read all of them. I taught Nathan and Sophia all the tricks I could think of. To say that I had cabin fever would be an understatement.
My body was preparing itself for the baby from my breast getting fuller, to my hips getting wider, to my feet swelling up to help carry the extra weight. The most worrisome was my stomach; it shouldn’t be as big as it was. That’s why my plans for today were to go to the healer before going with Draco to get our marriage certificate.
“After getting married, we should go to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.” I told him as he came out of the bathroom in a pair of slacks and a black button down shirt.
“We can’t.” He busies himself with fixing his already fix collar.
“Why can’t we go shopping? I need new clothes and a few novels.” I pull on the old fashion dress that I was wearing. It uses to be Mrs. Malfoys when she was pregnant. I outgrow all my clothes, so now I mostly wear Draco’s shirts and sweats.
“The Dark Lord has control over the Ministry now, and he’s having muggle-borns, mix bloods, and bloody traitors arrested. At the moment there isn’t a Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade.” He let out an exhausted sigh. I bite my lip feeling bad that he and everyone else had to carry that weight around while I stay in this room oblivious.
“I suppose wearing your old clothes is comfy and no one going to see me anyways. I could take notes this time around when I read the dark art books, which would help you.” I gave him the biggest smile I could. I knew it was a sad attempt to make him feel better, but he show me that he appreciated it by giving me a big smile of his own.
“Come on, let check on why my baby is growing so fast.” He gave my forehead a peck. We walk out of the room and to the doctor’s office. I took a seat on the cot and the doctor sat on a stool in front of me.
“Good Morning. You’re here because you believe your stomach is too big?” He looks up at me after reading the clipboard.
“You don’t think I’m too big?” I ask, rubbing my stomach.
“It’s hard to say some women carry bigger than others, but since you’re here let’s check.” He got up and pulls out a blackboard. A bright light came out from his wand to surrounds my big stomach and then he projected it to the blackboard.
“There are two of them now.” Draco squint his eyes. My jaw drops.
“There were always two. One of them must have been hiding behind the other every check up.” The doctor explains. “They’re both boys.” He informs us as he examines the picture. Draco bumps his fist in the air.
“Does it hurt more to have twins?” I ask after coming down from the shock.
“It won’t hurt anymore than having one.” He smiles at me. I scoff, that was something that didn’t sound believable.
“Thanks for the good news. We got to go get married.” Draco shook his hand before grabbing mine.
“Congratulations on the twins and the marriage.” The small man who name was never brought up smiles at us. Before I could ask, Draco pulls me away.
“Are you up for apparition?” He looks down at me. I nod my head. He grabs my arm to pull me through a tube and appear in front of the ministry, since we couldn’t appear in the building. We walk in to see a big statue of a witch and wizard that were dress in fancy clothes. They were sitting on a throne made of naked people who were weak looking with twist faces of pain from having to support the weight of the royal looking witch and wizard. On the bottom, Magic is Mighty was carved in. I swallow the lump in my throat. The sinking feeling in my stomach told me how much this year changed me. If I saw this in the beginning of the school year, I would wholeheartedly agree. I would have fantasized about my mother and her muggle lover struggling to carry my weight. Now, it was a completely different story. As we walk down the halls to find the office that does marriage certificate, we past a wall that had pictures of witches and wizards. On the top, hang a banner that said wanted bloody traitors. I let out a sigh of relief to not see her face amongst them. I cringe as I saw all the Weasleys up there. They had big prices on all their heads. I didn't realize I froze in front of it, until Draco pull on my arm.
“Come on, we don’t want anyone noticing you staring with that sad look on your face.” He wraps an arm around my shoulders to guide me down the hall and into a big office with multiply desks, but there was only one lady in it. The worker’s head shot up when we came in. “Hello, are you looking to get marriage?” She smiles at us.
“Yes, we are.” Draco told her.
“Well, come on up. It’s nice to see young love, especially during these times.” Her face fall flat when she notice my stomach when we got closer.
“Can you get the papers?” Draco growls at her.
“I’ll need your names first. I have to make sure you’re not on the mix blood list.” She shamefully admitted.
“Draco Malfoy and Nicole Lopes.” He points to himself and then me. She went into a backroom. “What dumb mix bloods would come here to get married?” He rolls his eyes.
“Does it feel wrong to be getting married when others can’t?” I all of a sudden felt dirty to enjoy the bliss of marriage when others couldn’t.
“Don’t feel guilty. Right now, we are protecting our children.” He rubs my stomach. I didn’t get to respond, because the lady came back.
“Here’s the paperwork.” She hands the paper to us. We fill out the form and sign it before handing it back to her. “When’s the wedding?” She tries to fill the silences.
“Undecided at the moment,” I told her. I wanted to add it might be a part of the Voldemort is the new world leader celebration just to see the look of horror on her face, but I stop myself. She gave me a sad smile, glancing down at my stomach.
Draco clears his throat glaring at her. “Can you going to run it through the system, so we can get our certificate?” He continues to give her a death stare. She waves her wand and the paper turn from forms into a beautiful certificate that declares me, Mrs. Draco Malfoy. I grab it from her, smiling down at it.
“Have a nice day.” I smile at her while rubbing my stomach. I turn and walk out of the office. Draco follows me after shooting her one last nasty look.
“Rude hag, I should get her picture up on that wall as a bloody traitor, especially during these times.” He mimics her voice.
“Who cares about her? I’m Nicole Malfoy. Mrs. Draco Malfoy.” I cheer as I dance around waving the paper in the air.
“Better bask in that glory, love. Many beautiful women want to be in your place.” He chuckles at me while wraps his arms around my waist.
“You better appreciate me, because if I played my cards differently I could have been Nicole Weasley.” I pull out of his arms and hurry to get in front of him.
“What?” He calls after me. I giggle as I ran out of that miserable building with him chasing after me. Once I got down the step, he pulls me back and laid a heated kiss on me.

Draco was looking over the notes I made on the unforgivable curses. “For the imperius curse I wave my wand like this.” He moves his wand according to my instructions. “I need to practice this for real.” He turns to me.
I raise my eyebrows at him from my spot on the bed. “Don’t look at me.”
“I wouldn’t think of it. I’ll find a bug.” He looks around the room as if a roach was going to come out and volunteer.
There was a loud pounding on the door. “Come out, we might have Harry Potter.” The shrill voice of Bellatrix Lestrange calls out. We share a look before Draco answers the door. “Come on, you both went to school with him see if you recognize him.” She pulls him out of the room. I got off the bed to follow them. She leads us to a large living room. I gasp as I saw Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger being held by two dirty men. I stare in shock from them being here, while they stare at my stomach in the same manner. Another filthy man had a boy kneeling on the ground.
“Why is Nicole here? You know she can’t be put under any stress.” Mrs. Malfoy glares at her sister.
“How is this stressful? She just has to look at him.” She snaps. She had been getting more frustrated by the day at how I was being baby under the orders of Voldemort. “Now take a good look we have to be sure, before we call the dark lord.” She pulls Draco and I in front of the kneeling boy.
We bend over to get closer look. His face was swollen to the point he could have been anyone. While I was sure this was Harry Potter simply by the company he was with, I wasn’t about to give them the only hope the world had. “I can’t be sure at the moment he look more like a puffer fish than human.” I poke his face making him whine.
“What wrong with his face?” Draco asks his auntie.
“What is wrong with his face?” She looks at the man standing behind Harry.
“I don’t know I found him like that. Now who’s going to pay me, you or the Dark Lord?” The man rolls his eyes. Cleary he didn’t know the type of crazy he was dealing with.
“Money? People who work for money aren’t loyal. They will turn the second it benefits them. People like that ruin us the first time.” She pulls out her wand turning it into a whip. The man turn to run, but he didn’t get far. He gasps for air as the whip wrap around his neck. “Girl gets their wands from his pocket.” She giggles with glee as she tightens the whip turning the man’s face different colors. I step forward knowing she was talking to me, because she always call me that. I dip my hand in his pockets and I pull out three wands from his right back pocket.
“Put it with the others.” Mr. Malfoy points to the table that had one long chest on it. I heard the men footsteps as they ran out as I walk over to the table.
“Now let’s search them.” Bellatrix growls out. I didn’t turn to watch her. I open the chest. I had to use my wandless hand to cover my mouth to hide the gasp at what I saw. My eyes tear up as I stare at Luna’s wand. I drop the three wands in. I look over my shoulder to see everyone paying attention to Bellatrix pulling things out of Hermione's bag. It looks like muggle kids magic show. I turn back to take Luna’s wand and slip it into Draco’s sweatpants that I was wearing.
I turn around quickly when Bellatrix let out a scream. “How do you have this, it was in my vault?” She waves a sword around. “Throw this one into the dungeon. We’ll see who he is when the jinx wears off.” She points at Harry. Two death eaters carried him off. “You and I are going to have a chat.” She grabs Hermione's face.
“Nicole, go back to our room.” Draco told me, but kept his eyes on his Auntie.
I nod my head and walk out, but instead of going to our room I follow the men carrying Harry. I stop to hide behind a corner. I peak around to see them opening a door and carrying Harry inside. They came out a few minutes later. I thank Merlin that they walk in a different direction instead of coming back my way. I wait a few seconds before making my move. I open the door and walk down a flight of stairs to find the basement was turn into a large prison cell. Inside were a goblin, Garrick Ollivander, Harry, and Luna. She ran to the bars when she saw me.
“You’re pregnant.” She reached between the bars to put her hands on my stomach.
“I didn’t know you were here.” I let out a sob.
She gave me her famous dazed smile as realization came to her eyes. “You're the girl that can’t be bothered. They complain about having to avoid you and how you do nothing. Be careful some are very bitter about it.” I reach into my pocket and pull out her wand. She pulls her hand back inside the cell. “I can’t get you hurt.”
“I’m not leaving until you take it.” I reach into the cell, holding her wand out. “You can either take it, so I can get back to my room and no one will be the wiser. Or, I can stand here all day and be caught for sure.”
“Be quick.” She took her wand from me.
“I love you, Luna. Will you be my children’s godmother?” I wipe the tears from my eyes.
“Yes, I will and I love you too. NOW GO!” She points to the door.
I crack the door open to see that no one was there. I slip out the door and made my way to my room. I close the door to jump as Hermione screams fill the mansion. I curl up on my bed and sob with guilt and grief. The scariest thing about being stuck in this room was I knew nothing that was happening in the world or even this house. I was in a time capsule, who knew what the future will be when I was release. Would it be filled with peace and harmony or darkness and chaos? Would my children get to know their godmother? Would I even get to ask Robert to be the Godfather? I cry so hard that I gave myself a splitting headache as I wonder what I was sacrificing by playing it safe.
Draco came in, his hair and clothes were a mess. He sat down on the bed and rubs my back. “They all got away.” He told me.
“Oh” I said with no emotion. While I was glad they were gone, they still weren’t safe.
“Look at me.” He grabs my face to turn to him. “It’s okay to be happy about it, I am.” He whispers to me.
“Really,” I sat up, searching his face. I worry every time he walks out the door, he would come back brainwash.
“Yes, I am. Hopefully, the idiots learn not to say the dark lord name again.” He stood back up. “I have to do some damage control.”
“Be safe.” I got up to give him a kiss.
“Don’t feel guilt, we are doing what we can in our situation.” He ran a hand through my hair.
“Tell me you’ll be safe and I won’t feel guilty.” I made him a deal.
“I’ll be safe.” He gave me one last peck before going.