Lust or More

Best Friends

I look through my jewelry box and pick up my favorite necklace. A black heart with green diamonds surrounding the edges and Nicole was engraved across of it. I put the necklace on, letting it rest on top of my chest. I walk to stone circle where I was supposed to meet Robert and Luna. “Hello, Luna. Where’s Robert?” I ask.
“At the quidditch field,” she looks up from a Quibbler magazine.
“Why?” I ask. He wasn’t into sports.
“He found out somehow that Gryffindor and Sl6ytherin got book to have the field at the same time.” She tucks the magazine under her arm.
“He’s hoping for a fight.” I thought about going over there myself to see that.
“He’s hoping that they’ll take their shirts off. For some reason, he believes that fighting will involve that somehow.” Luna shook her head.
“I have my reason and he has his.” I laugh as we walk to the quidditch stands, taking a seat next to Robert. “Any action,” I ask.
“No, just yelling.” He let out a disappoint sigh. I nod, watching as they all yell at each other. “Come on, take your shirts off!” Robert yells. None of them seem to hear him though.
“Why don‘t we have a game?” Seamus challenges.
“That’s a good idea,” Harry smiles.
“No, we didn‘t even get to practice!” James yells.
“We didn’t either. What are you scared of losing in front of your lady?” Seamus winks at me. It had been one months of us dating. I start to let him call me his girlfriend last week. It was cute how he seems to be letting everyone know.
James look over in the direction he winks, I wave to him. “You're on Potter,” he pushes him.
“Why don‘t you bring your little girlfriend down here to throw the snitch up?” Dean leers at me.
“Babe,” James calls. I smile, walking down to the field. “Here, love. We want you to do the honors.” He hands me the snitch.
“It means we want you to throw the snitch up in the air to start the game, don‘t let it go to your head.” Ron glares.
“Weasley, did you ask out your bushy haired friend yet?” I gave him a fake smile.
“You finally stop fucking Malfoy,” he snaps.
“Obviously,” I gesture to James, who was now towering over Ron growling. To Ron’s credit he stood his ground, even if he was shaking a bit.
“Throw it up already; I want to get this game started.” James told me. I throw the snitch up in the air and they all flied up after it. I went back up to the stands, watching them play.
“They may be excused from class, but we’re not.” Luna walks off to potion. Robert and I went to history of magic. I sat down next to Robert. Zacharias Smith sat on the other side of me. Robert and I did a spell to make our pens take notes.
A hand rests itself on my thigh, “I heard the rumors.” I push Zach off of me.
“If you’re so into gossip you would know I‘m dating James,” I slap him across the face. He moves to another seat, grumbling. I went back to talking to Robert for the rest of class.
I walk outside when I was dismissed to see James waiting for me. “Hey sexy, what’s your next class?” He put his arm around me.
“What does it matter? Not like we are going to have the same class.” I shrug.
“I was planning to walk you to the class.” He told me.
“I hate that you’re a year older than me,” I pout.
“Don‘t make like it my fault,” he laughs, squeezing my face.
“Potion,” I gave in.
“Let's go then princess.” He picks me up bridal style. I wrap my arms around his neck as he carried me to class. “As far as I can take you,” he put me down by the door.
“Thanks,” I kiss him. He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer. I ran my fingers through his hair as I push myself against him. The kiss was getting heated when I heard someone clear their throat causing us to separate.
“To class, Miss Lopes and Mr. Urquhart,” Snape glares at us. I quickly slip into the potion classes and took the first seat that I saw.
“Everyone gets up and stand against the walls.” Slughorn announces to the class. I let out a sigh as I gather my thing and lean against the wall beside my desk. “I will be putting you into groups. Listen for your name…” He went on naming people off his list. “Nicole Lopes, Draco Malfoy, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter,” he announces. I took a seat on the table he point to. Malfoy sat next to me. Weasley sat across from me. Harry sat next to him.
“Look Harry, it’s the fuck buddies.” Weasley smirks at me.
“I could say the same about you two,” I smirk back at him. Draco snickers.
“We all know we don‘t like each other, but let‘s not argue. We going to be in a group for a year, we need to figure out how to work together.” Harry rationalizes.
“Potter always trying to be the good guy,” Malfoy snaps. They continued to argue causing me to zone out. “Nikki, what do you think?” Malfoy yells in my ear.
“Think of what?” I didn’t have the energy to be a part of their argument.
“Weren‘t you listening,” Ron narrow his eyes at me.
“Obviously not,” I roll my eyes.
“Ron and I will do half of the work. Malfoy and you will do the other half. This way we never have to talk to each other.” Harry explains to me.
“Sounds fair,” I shrug, not caring how it got done as long as it got done.
“Where the bloody hell is your head at?” Ron shouts. His ears were starting to blend in with his hair.
“You need to learn how to control your temper.” I scold him. He glares at me. I look at the board, writing the instructions down. The poison made people go to sleep, but if we did it wrong they could go in a coma.
“Who‘s doing the essay and who‘s doing the potion?” Malfoy asks.
“We can do the potion,” I said since I already wrote the instruction down.
“Then we‘ll do the essay, and next time we’ll switch.” Harry nods.
“Go get the stuff Nikki,” Malfoy orders.
“Why should I? Can‘t you be a gentleman?” I glare at him.
”If I get up, I‘ll never come back. The girls will take me somewhere and have their way with me.” Malfoy gestures toward his body.
“When I come back it would be nice if your head was a little smaller.” I walk away. I got the ingredients and went back to the table. Malfoy and I completed the potion. He flag Slughorn down to check our potion. After getting his approval, I walk out of the class to see James waiting for me again. “Do you even go to class?” I wonder.
“Why would you ask that?” He wraps his arm around me, guiding me to the Great Hall.
“You’re always here right when I‘m dismiss.” I point out.
“I leave five minutes early,” he shrug like it was no big deal. I look at him surprise, how did he convince teachers to let him leave early. I have a hard time getting them to let me go to the bathroom. "How was class?" He wrap his arm around my shoulder.
"Arguing with Weasley, insulting Malfoy, and ignoring Potter." I gave him the details of my class experiences.
"Why were you even by them?" His grips tighten.
"Slughorn put us into groups." I grunt, not happy to be dealing with them all year.
"You guy are going to blow up something by the end of the week." He laughs, relaxing once he saw that I was upset about it too.
"How about we skip lunch and go to your dorm?" I rub his chest as we stop in front of the Great Hall.
"If I didn't just play Quidditch and wasn’t hungry as a dragon, I would take you up to my dorm and have my way with you." He said.
"I didn't say anything about sex," I roll my eyes. He has been throwing a lot of hints lately.
He kisses me, giving a little tongue before pulling away. "That a little taste of what I'll give you later." He walks into the Great Hall leaving me shocked. I follow and sat next to him putting a sandwich on my plate.
"You're a tease," I hiss in his ear. He kisses me, brushing his hand on my inner thigh.
"Another little taste," he turns back and continues eating. I grab James’s hand from under the table. He smiles at me as I lean on him. The rest of the quidditch team came and sat around us.
"Hi Nikki, how's it going?" Blaise asks.
"Urquhart is a tease," I pout. James chokes on a French fry. I drop his hand to pat his back. He glares at me as he rubs his throat. I kiss his neck. "Sorry," I nibble on his ear.
"Nice necklace.” Malfoy points at my chest where it was resting.
"Thanks," I grab it and trace my finger over my name.
"It is nice. Who gave it to you?" James leans in to get a closer look.
"I don’t remember, but it is my favorite necklace." I shrug.
"Looks good on you," Malfoy chuckles to himself.
“I agreed," James kisses my neck. "Quidditch practice is going to be after class." He told the guys as he stood up. "Come on." He puts his hand on my shoulder. I look down at my untouched sandwich then back at him.
"I'm still eating," I point to my sandwich. "Please stay," I pout, pulling on his arm.
"I'm going to be making some game plans. I’ll be up in my dorm.” He gave me a soft peck on the lips before leaving. I let out a frustrated sigh taking a bite out of my sandwich. The guys separated to where their friends were sitting. Except Malfoy who sat across from me laughing.
"What the hell so funny?" I glare at him. Did he find it funny that my boyfriend would rather make game plans then spend time with me? I’ll have him know that two of his girlfriends are more into each other, than they are him.
"You," he smirks, giving me a pointed look.
"What about me is so funny?” I snap.
"You haven't gotten' any in awhile." He state as if it was so obvious.
"How the hell would you know that?" I slam my hand down on the table. My sex life was not any of his business.
"You’re being clingy. You only get like that when you haven’t had sex in a while." He smiles, he was proud that he was able to read me so easily.
"No, I am not. How did you even come up with such a stupid thing?" I was not clingy, if I was clingy I would have went with him.
"What are we playing 20 questions?” He rolls his eyes.
"I don't play muggle games." I cross my arm across the chest.
"You’re sure acting like it." He smiles, amuse that he was annoying me.
"I'm just wondering what would make you say something so stupid." I snap.
"I know, because I test it out. When we were together I would not have sex with you, just so you would be all over me." He explains his brilliant experiment.
"James and I have decided to take thing slow." I let him know that someone was willing to give me what he wouldn’t, a real solid relationship that was base on love and not lust.
"And you're fine with that." He arches an eyebrow.
"It was my idea," I glare at him.
"You know there is nothing wrong with liking sex.” He shrugs his shoulders like there was nothing wrong with how he treats women.
"It was the whole reason I broke up with you was to have a relationship that wasn't based on sex." I don’t know why he couldn’t understand that I outgrew him.
"If you ever change your mind, you can come back to me." He licks his lips.
"Fuck off, Malfoy!" I storm out of the Great Hall. I power walk my way to James’s dorm. I slam open the door, I wish I didn’t eat that sandwich because now I felt like throwing up. He has his pants off on top of a naked girl. "What the fuck, Urquhart!" I yell. He jumps off the girl. I didn’t stay to listen to his excuses, I ran out of the boy dorms.
"NICOLE!" He yells, running after me as he put on his pants.
"I hate you, Urquhart! Leave me alone!" I scream back at him as I ran out of the common room. It was a wonder how he didn’t catch me already. Seeing how he was in top shape and I only exercise when Malfoy need another player to make the teams even.
"NICOLE!" His voice sound closer. I look back to see him reaching out for me, only missing me by an inch. I pick up my speed, making a sharp turn. I ran over to Zabini and Malfoy who were standing in the courtyard.
"NICOLE!" He yells again, making them turn around. I throw myself at Zabini, kissing him hard on the lips. He didn’t kiss me back, but he wraps his arm around my waist. I heard screaming as I cling tighter to him to the point I wouldn’t be surprised if I was hurting him. I broke the kiss once it got silent, both Malfoy and Urquhart were gone. I fell to the floor, panting.
"What happen there?" Blaise sat down next to me.
"I use to have three best friends. What happened there?" I turn my head towards him.
"You got with Draco. He didn't want you hanging out with any other straight guys." He looks down at me.
"I'm sorry," I felt ashamed of myself. I throw away a friendship for a guy who never treated me right.
"I forgave you a while ago. I know how much you liked Draco back then." He shrugs. He was a bigger person then I was, because if I was in his position I wouldn’t have forgiven him.
"Still sorry," I bite my lip.
"You didn’t run all the way down here to kiss me to get me alone and ask about our friendships." He lay down beside me.
"You could always see right through me." I gave him a weak smile.
"And you always stall." He let out a dry laugh.
"Urquhart was mess around with another girl in his dorm." I let out a sigh. Maybe there was a balance to outside and in bedroom bonding that I need to figure out. With no sex, it’s a friendship. With no friendship, it can’t even be consider a relationship, that why they call it boy/girlfriend, right?
"Are you okay?" Blaise gave me a look of concern.
"I'm fine," I let out a deep sigh.
"Really?" He looks at me shocked.
"It's not like I loved him. I loved his six packs, but not him." I laugh. Blaise laugh along with me.
"You kissed me," he groans.
"I’m not diseased." I push him, offended.
"He expects you to go crawling back to him after Urquhart. He thinks you’re going through a phase." He panics. He wasn’t afraid of Malfoy, he just hated drama. Merlin knows that Malfoy would make like this was the worst betrayal since Sirius Black. He’ll be telling everyone of this, Malfoy’s rants are one of the things that make him famous around here.
"I'll make a deal with you," I sat up. He stares up at me to continue. "I'll tell Malfoy the reason why I kissed you, if you be my best friend again."
"Deal best buddy." He sat up to give me a tight hug.
"I’ll go find Malofy," I pull away from the hug to stand up.
"He’s probably in the common room, waiting for someone to come by to tell them everything." He inform as if I didn’t know the guy. But, none the less I nod letting me know that I pick up what he was telling me.
"I'll be taking care of it, best friend." I wink at him.
"Muggle say BFF stands for best friends forever.” Blaise got off the ground. I look at him like he had three heads. "Sorry forgot about you hating muggle that much." He laughs, dusting himself off.
"It’s okay." I grit my teeth, knowing he didn’t forget. I walk to the common room to see Malfoy was laying on the couch, staring into the fireplace. I sat on the table that was right in front of him. "Malfoy," I took his attention from the fire.
"What?" He looks at me with those icy blue eyes that sent shivers down my spine.
"Please, don't make drama for Blaise because I kissed him.” I beg, sticking my bottom lip out. He would normal give me my way when I did that.
"Worried I'll make your new boyfriend's life hell?” He sat up, smirking.
"Blaise isn't my boyfriend." I shook my head.
"You go around kissing random guys. Is your other boyfriend okay with that?" He leans over putting his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. He stares at me as he waited for my answer.
"Urquhart isn't my boyfriend," I bark out bitterly.
"You guys broke up." His jaw drops. I nod, staring off t o the side. I didn’t want to see his smug face. “That was fast,” he laughs. I glare at him sometime I really want to kick him in the balls. "Why?" He asks after he came down from his fit of laughter.
"He cheated on me." I grunt. I didn’t like reveal this to him, seeing as how happy he was to see me fail at another relationship. There was a long silence with him staring at me with a blank expression. "Does this mean you won't be mean to Blasie?” I ask, hoping to end this discussion and go to my dorm.
"Why do you care if he isn’t your boyfriend?" He counters.
"He's my best friend," I state the fact proudly.
"Some best friend, you drop him when I told you too." He rolls his eyes.
"I apologize for doing such an idiotic thing and he has forgiven me." I glare, must he take very opportunity to rub something in my face.
"Do you make out with all your best friends?" He tilts his head to the side. I let out a puff; he needs to learn to let things go.
"I kissed Blaise; we didn't make out.” I corrected him. He rolls his eyes. "My two other best friends are Luna and Robert." I remind him.
"Only Blaise then, he also my best friend I have never done that." He laughs.
"I'll be going to class now." I got up, I was sick of deal with his arrogance.
"Why you already missed half of the class?” He leans back into the couch. I look up at the clock to see he was right.
"I'll be going to my dorm.” I made my way to the stairs.
"I’m sleeping with the prefect. I would sit down, before you get written up for skipping." He threatens.
"I guess I'm staying down here with you." I sat next to him on the couch.
"What do you think about us being with Potter and Weasley?" He asks. I let out a sigh did he really make me stay down here with him to talk about our day. We didn’t even do that when we were together. He talk and I listen, so I wait for him to tell me what he thought. But, when I look at his face, I saw that he was waiting for my answer.
"That Slughorn is looking for a show," I snort.
"I agree they should have given the class to Snape." He nods. I stare at him, waiting for him to tell me what he actually wanted. "Do you plan on getting a new boyfriend?” It seems that he got tired of tippy toeing around the subject also.
"Is this an interview?” I sneer. This was the reason I didn’t want a boyfriend to begin with, I didn’t like answering to someone.
"Shut up. I'm trying to get to know you." He snaps.
"Draco Lucius Malfoy is actually trying to get to know a girl." I put my hand up to my chest and gasp.
"Do you plan to answer my question?" He glares.
"No," I shook my head.
"No, you’re not answering my question." He turns sideway to hover over me. He acts as if I was the one trying to invading his privacy.
"I’m not look for another boyfriend. I haven’t been by myself in a while." I think focusing on loving myself was the best thing for me.
He nods his head. "I have one more questions for you." He held one fingers, to show how little it was.
"Go for it," I throw hands in the air to show I gave up.
"Can I be another one of your best friends?" He asks, with a genuine hopeful look on his face.
"What?" This whole thing was shell shocking. He never made an attempt to know me in a year while we were fuck buddies. Now that we were no longer involved sexual he wants to know me.
"Don't make me repeat myself; you know I hate that." He stared me down.
"Why?" I couldn’t understand what was going on.
“Blaise tells me that you’re fun to talk to, so far I think he's a liar." He teases. Both of them sure know how to push my buttons
"Blaise is not a liar, shut up." I playfully push him.
"You sure Blasie isn't your boyfriend?" He was back to being serious.
"Yes, I'm sure." I roll my eyes.
"If I kiss you, he won't mind?” He leans in to put his face in front of mine.
"You can't kiss me, you’re not my boyfriend.” I shook my head. He looks deep into my eyes. I could feel a familiar tingle go through my body. "Don't do that," I turn my head away.
"Do what?" He asks with fake innocence.
"Look at me like that," I glare into the fire.
"Sorry, didn't mean to make you nervous." He laughs. I turn my glare towards him, for I knew for a fact that he love to make me nervous.
"Can I call you, Draco?" It did feel funny calling him Malfoy when I knew him by his first name for so long. Despite everything, he wasn’t someone I hated.
"Yes you am, Nicole." He smiles at me. I smile back, happy to be on his good side and back in his life again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that Sirius isn’t a traitor, but the characters don’t know that.