Lust or More

Who's Your Best Friend?

I was walking down one of the halls when I saw Robert. "Rob! Roby!" I yell. He kept walking like he couldn’t hear me. "Robert!" I ran up behind him and grab his arm. I turn him around to face me. "Are you deaf or something?" I snap, looking him over. He was wearing a blue long sleeve button down shirt with a few buttons undone. He had on a pair of black slacks and black dress shoes. "Are you going on another date with that guy?"
"Yes, I am. He’s really great." He looks around, not meeting my eyes.
"If he’s so great then why haven't I met him yet?" I was beginning to wonder how deep in the closet this guy was. He wouldn’t even give me a name.
"It's not time yet." He narrows his eyes at me.
"Can I at least know his name?" I whine.
"No," Rob snaps, shaking his head.
"Robert, I want to know my best friend's boyfriend's name?" I yell, putting my hands on my hips.
"I want to make sure he is serious, before I introduced him to you." He let out an exhausted sigh.
"I meet your other boyfriends right away!" I stoop my feet like a child.
"This time its different now!" He yells back. I stood there shock. Robert never yelled at me before, even when I scream and cuss him out. He stood there waiting, until I was done and talk calmly to me.
"Roby," I whisper.
"I got to go." He hurries away, not making eye contact with me. I watch him walk away. When he was out of site, I walk to the Ravenclaw’s doorway.
"Two fathers and two sons went duck hunting. Each shot a duck but they shot only three ducks in all, how come?" The portrait asks.
"The hunters were a man, his son and his grandson." I answer. The door swings open. I walk into the common room where Cho Chang and Marietta Edgecombe were sitting.
"What are you doing in here?" Chang stood up from her seat.
"Looking for Luna," I roll my eyes as if she could force me out.
"How did you get in here?" Edgecombe yells, standing up too.
"What you think only you guys know how to solve a riddle?" I let out a bitter laugh.
"Didn't think a slytherin was smart enough?" Edgecombe mocks my laugh.
"Slytherin are twice as smart as you Ravenclaws. The difference is we are more than that. We are cunning, ambitious, resourceful, and the list goes on and on." I brag, counting the traits with my fingers.
"There also arrogant, self righteous and evil. NOW GET OUT!" Edgecombe mocks me again, counting with her fingers.
“Why don’t you make me?” I took a step closer to her. She reaches into her pocket for her wand, making me do the same.
"No Nicole!" Luna yells from the top of the staircase.
"Hey Luna, let’s get out of here." I turn to her. She glares at Edgecombe as we walk out. "Did you know that Rob is going on another date with the mystery boy?" I ask her.
"He still didn't tell you who he is yet?" She shook her head as if she was disappointed in him.
"You know?" I stop in the middle of the hall.
"It's not that big of a deal." She sighs as she kept walking.
"Then why won't he tell me?" I move too catch up with her.
"I don't know." She shrugs, look just as lost as me.
"Who is he?" I hope she would tell me, since he wouldn’t.
"Nicole, you know I can't tell you that. It's his news to tell." She scolds me.
"I know, it's just I don't understand why he won't tell me." I groan.
"He thinks you'll disapprove." She throws me a bone.
"Is he a mud..." I was in the middle of saying, when Luna cut me off.
"Nikki, do not say it." Luna warns me.
"Is he a mix?" I change my phrasing.
"That's not much better, but like I said I'm not going to tell you." Luna gave me a look to let it go. I nod my head letting her know I would for the time being. “Shouldn’t we be going to classes soon?" Luna looks at her watch. "I have charm."
"Merlin’s beard, I have potion. Great now, I have to deal with Draco, devil ginger, and scar-face." I sigh out of frustration. Even though, we separate the work to avoid dealing with each other. They still seem to argue all class session long.
"Nicole, those are my friends." Luna whines. I try to not talk about them in front of her, but sometime it can’t be help.
"I'll tell them you said hi." I walk in the direction of the potion classroom.
"Try to be nice," Luna yell after me. I wave my hand in the air, letting her know I heard her. I walk into potion, looking around to see everyone was already in their groups.
"Ms. Lopes, how nice of you to finally grace us with your presence," Slughorn gave me a fake smile. Look like I won’t be making the slug club.
"Least I can do." My words were dripping with sarcasm.
"Don't let it happen again. Sit with your group." He points to my table. I sat down on the chair that was next to Draco.
"Why are you late?" Draco narrows his eyes at me.
"What are we doing?" I ignore his question.
"Answer my question, then I'll answer yours." He kept his eyes on me. I look up at the board to get the answer to my question. I wrote down the obedience potion. "Do we really have to do the essay?" Draco looks over at the Gryffindors. I look over at them for their answer, I much rather do the potion then the essay.
"Yes, we did it last time." Potter snaps.
"That’s really is none of our business." I pretend to gag.
"Oh shut your trap, you have such a sick mind." Weasley glares at me.
"Just hurry up and make the potion." I sneer, not wanting to deal with him.
"I'll get the ingredients," Potter got up.
"Why were you late?" Draco turns to me.
"Because I was walking around," I answer vaguely.
"Just walking around?" He pushes the issue.
"With Robert then Luna," I gave him a little more information. He still didn’t seem happy with what he got. Did he want a play by play of what I was doing? He was my friend, not my parole officer.
"Are you two shagging again?" Weasley made a disgusted face.
"We're just friends," Draco grunts.
"Sure," Weasley said sarcastically.
"Why do you care?" I ask. Before Weasley could answer, Potter came back and put the ingredients on the table. I lean back in my chair as they work on the potion.
"Did you lose track of time or did you come to class late on purpose?" Draco whispers.
"What's with all the questions?" I tilt my head and arch my eyebrow.
"Friends deserve to know." He glares.
"Lost track," I laugh at his lame excuse. I felt hot liquid fall on my thighs. "What the bloody hell Weasley!" I jump out of my chair.
"How come you’re blaming me?" Weasley look offended.
"You are the klutz!" My thighs start to burn making my knees give out. I fell to the floor, groaning.
"What the hell did you spill on her?" Draco yells as he crouches down to check on me.
"What is going on here?" Slughorn ran over to our table.
"Weasley spill something on Nikki." Draco told him, but kept his glare on Weasley.
"What did you spill on her?" Slughorn turns to him.
"The one in the purple bottle," Weasley point to it. My blood boils that he didn’t even know what he was handling.
"That's acromantula venom. Mr. Malfoy takes Ms. Lopes down to the hospital wing right away." Slugborn demands.
"Can you walk?" Draco looks down at my legs in concern.
"I can try." I pull myself up. I limp slowly towards the door.
"It's going to be tomorrow night by the time you get there." Draco picks me up bridal style, making me let out a yep in surprise. He walks us out the door.
"I thought I had a good speed." I hiss as the pain increases.
"You were wrong." He walks at a fast pass. We made it to the hospital wing in record time. I let out another groan as he put me down on a cot.
"What's wrong?" Madam Pomfrey ran over to us.
"Weasley spilt acromantula venom on her." Malfoy inform her. She looks over my wounds.
"Here drink this," she passes me a cup of blue liquid.
"What does it do?" I ask not comfortable drink just anything.
"It will help with your pain and heals the burns faster." She explains. Satisfied with that answer I pour it down my throat. It had a terrible after taste. "Now, I'm going to wrap your burns and you'll be free to go." She lifts up my legs one by one to wrap them up. When she finished wrapping them, she got up to grabs some things off the shelf. "This is to re-wrap them in the morning and after you take a bath." She hands me a roll of first aid tape and gauze roll bandages.
"How long will it take to heal?" I ask, hoping I wouldn’t have to being doing this for long.
"Since the burns are bad, I would say 2 weeks." She smiles, like that wasn’t a long time.
"I thought the nasty drink was supposed to make it heal faster." I snap.
"Without the medication it would take a month. Maybe your burns wouldn't be so bad, if you wear your skirt at school code length." She tugs my skirt down.
"Can I leave now?" I push her hands off of me.
"Yes, please do." She walks off, muttering about ungrateful teenagers. I jump off the bed and limp out the door.
"Can you make it around?" Draco follows after me.
"Yeah," I nod.
"Good, cause I got to go do something." He scratches the back of his neck.
"Quidditch," I ask.
"No, I actually quit the team. I need to focus on my school work. That’s my future, not quidditch." He explains.
“Why are you having trouble in your classes?” I found it odd that he quit, where the guy who talk about feeling of being free in the air.
“It’s just an unnecessary distraction right now. I got to stay focus make a solid foundation for my future.” He said it in a way that the words didn’t sound like his own. As if he was reciting it from memory.
"Okay, thanks for bring me here." I smile gratefully at him. Hoping he would soon tell me what all this weird future talks is all about.
"You’re welcome." He takes off in the opposite direction of the library. If it wasn’t for my burnt legs, I would have followed him. Instead I made my way to my dorm.
I went into the common room to see a bunch of first year girls there. I was walking up the stairs when a girl with long black hair asks me, "You’re friends with that gay guy right?"
"His name is Robert. Yes, he is my friend. Why do you care?" I turn around on the step I was on.
"Just wondering, because I saw him holding hands with some guy," she made a face in disgust.
"His boyfriend, who was it?" I move down the stair as fast as I could.
"You don't know," her blond friend asks.
"If I'm asking, officially not," I snap. I don’t need some little girls rubbing it in my face that I didn’t know who my best friend’s boyfriend was.
"He must not want you to know, so why should we tell you?" The brunette smirks evilly at me.
"Do you know who you’re talking to first year? I'm close friends with Draco Malfoy, not one of his sluts or his bodyguards. His best friend, I can make him make your life a living hell!" I scream in her face. I was not going to being pushes around by this girl who was in desperate need to hit purity. I was so anger that I didn’t even care to get information from her.
"I have to do my homework," she shook in fear.
"You go do that," I smile at her. She ran out of the room and the rest follows her. I took a seat on the couch, I guess being Draco’s friend came in use for something.

I sat on the couch, glaring into the fire. "What has the fires done to you?" A familiar voice asks. I look up to see Draco and Blaise.
"Robert went out with that guy again and he won't tell me who he is." I cross my arms, throwing myself back onto the couch.
"What is that the third, fourth time?" Blaise tring to remember how many time I complain about this.
"It's the eighth time!" I kick the coffee table.
"Calm down." Draco sighs, taking a seat next to me. Blaise sat on the other side of me.
"I will not calm down. Luna knows who he is, but she won't tell me neither." I explain my frustration.
"That is strange," Blaise agrees with me.
"Maybe, he's a mudblood." Draco spat out the last word like a hex. Blaise and I whip our heads in his direction.
"No ways." Blaise shook his head.
“It has crosses my mind, but it can’t be." I agree with Blaise.
"Why else would he not let you meet him?" Draco argues his point.
"I don't know, but there has to be another reason." I said, even though I couldn’t think of another one.
"Whatever, you'll see." Draco looks happy to be able to have the opportunity to say I told you so in the near future.
"Do you know something we don't?" Blaise look over at him.
"I have common sense." Draco taps his forehead.
"We asked if you know something, not if you have something." I tease.
"I know for sure, because it's common sense." He looks down at me in annoyance. Maybe I’m crazy, but I thought he look the hotness when he was in this state.
"Maybe it’s Urquhart." Blaise said. The image of them together made Draco and I laugh.
"Its dinner already," I stare at the clock in disbelief.
"How long have you been sitting here?" Draco asks.
"The last class," I shrug.
"That was two hours ago." Blaise look at me like I was crazy.
"I’m really pissed about this." I defend my odd actions.
"So, you stare at the fire?" Draco laughs at my logic.
"No, I was bullying people but they all left." I whine causing them to laugh. "I'm glad you think my pain is funny." I growl.
"We hate to see you hurt." Blaise gave me a side hug.
"Sometime, I think you guys are my best friends." I lean into him.
"We are your best friends. We don't hide things from you do we?" Draco pulls me from Blaise’s embrace into his. For the rest of the night I couldn’t stop thinking about what he said.