Lust or More

The Mystery Man

"Everyone gathers around," Slughorn wave us all over.
I walk by the table that had potions sitting on it. Draco wraps his arms around my waist, and rests his head on my shoulder. Weasley was glaring at me from across the room. I roll my eyes at him. "You better not be rolling your eyes at me." Draco hisses in my ear.
"It's not you," I glare back at Wealsey.
Draco look around the room as a smirk took over his face. "Weasley," he asks.
"He got issues." I whisper. I didn’t know if I should be worried about his hatred for me, especially since the potion spill.
"Just sic Blaise on him." His tone was playful, but his face was serious.
"I can take care of him." I didn’t need anyone to take care of me.
"I'm sure you can." He nuzzles his face into my neck.
"What about that one, Professor?" A girl points at the last potion on the table.
"This is a love potion," he took the lid off. The smell hit me making my knees weak. If Draco wasn't holding me, I probably would have fallen. "Can anyone explain what it does?" Slughorn ask the class. Hermione starts talking, but I wasn't paying attention. I just wanted to get closer to the smell. It smelt like honey, vanilla, and right after it rains. I push Draco off me, making him groan. I walk slowly towards the potion. Professor Slughorn slams the cover back on, the scent leaving me suddenly made me jump. I walk back to Draco, embarrassed.
"What I have here is called liquid lucky." Slughorn took out a test tube from his pocket. "With one sip of this, anything you want to do can happen." He explains to us. "The first one to finish making this potion will get liquid luck. Now get to work." He point to the board that told us what page the living dead potion was on. Draco ran to a cauldron. I walk to one, looking through the book to find the page and started working.

My cauldron hit me in the face with an orange mist. I growl, looking around the room. Draco was furiously chopping something. Everyone looked frustrated except Potter who was happily stirring his potion. I laugh at the other girls. Their hair was a mess, clothes were wrinkled, and their faces were flush. I stop laughing when I thought, if they look like then what do I look like? I pull out a mirror from my bag; I found that I look the same as them. I sigh, running a hand through my hair.
"Oh, we have a winner. Harry Potter!" Slughorn yells. "Here is liquid luck, just like I promised." He gave the potion to Potter. Draco got his stuff and storm out with Parkinson on his trail. I gather my things before walking out also.
"Lopes!" Weasley yells. I groan, turning around to see a paler than normal Weasley. For a while he stares at his feet.
"What?" I snap. What could he possible want from me, hasn’t he done enough?
"You’re bleeding," Weasley point down at my legs.
I look down to see that my left leg was bleeding through my bandages. "Shit," I hiss, turning to go find a bathroom.
"No, thank you!" Weasley yells.
I could feel my blood boiling over, he wants a thank you. I want a sorry, but I wasn’t going to beg for it. I turn back around, and let my emotions pour out of me. "Thank you Weasley, for spilling that crap on me and ultimately burning me! Thank you, because now I have to keep wrapping my legs in bandages! But most of all thank you for giving me another reason to hate you!" I left a gasping boy behind as I walk to the bathroom and went into a stall. I un-wrap my leg to see that there was blood all over. I let out a frustrated grunt as I clean it up and wrap my leg back up. My jaw drop in shock at what I saw when I walk out. Robert was making out with a guy in a Ravenclaw uniform. I smirk, getting a good look at the guy. I frown when I couldn't recognize him. I decide to walk away and not ruin the moment.
I walk into the common to see Parkinson and Draco making out. I made a gagging sound as I walk to my dorm to get my books for class. I took out my potion book and put in my divination one. I look at Sophia's cage. She was staring at me, begging to come out. I took her out and put her in my pocket. I went back downstairs to see Draco carrying Parkinson up to the boy’s dorm. I glare at his back. Once I realize what I was doing, I shook my head as I walk out of the common room.
I'm not jealous, I can't be. I don't have feelings for Draco. I'm probably bitter, because I haven't had sex in a while. I walk into to divination class and took a seat next to Luna. Sophia climbs out of my pocket and onto my shoulder. "I saw Rob's man." I inform her of my sighting.
"You did?" She looks anxious as if she was waiting for me to blow up.
"I saw them snogging, but I don't know who he is." I let out a sigh.
"Oh." She look relieve, much to my annoyances.
"I'll find out." I glare at her. I understand why she couldn’t tell me, but I couldn’t help feel as if she was on his side.
"How are you going to do that?" Luna pets Sophia who wandered over to her.
"I know what he looks like and that he is in Ravenclaw." I recall the symbol that was on his robe.
"Maybe you should just wait for him to introduce you." She suggests.
"I'm done waiting. I'm his best friend, I shouldn't have to wait. He would do the same if I hid something from him." I defend myself. I wasn’t going to be made out to be bad guy, because I felt like I deserve the truth.
Professor Trelawney dramatically storms in. "Look into your crystal balls." She told us. I look into the ball, all I saw was my reflection staring back at me.
"Luna, do you see anything?" I look over the ball to see her looking anxious again.
"Yes, and it's not good." She gave me a pointed look.

Class was dismissed. I grab Sophia and put her back in my pocket. As I was walking out, Professor Trelawney grabs my shoulder. She told me in a stranger voice, "Just because you get what you want doesn't mean you'll be happy." She let me go and look at me with a lost expression.
I kept a watchful eye on her as I walk out of the room. "What is that loon talking about? I'm always happy when I get what I want." I rub my shoulder, she had a tight grip. Luna frowns at the word loon. "You’re not a loon, Luna. She is," I try my best to comfort her.
"I'm not that different from her." She told me in a small voice.
"No, you are total different person. She talks about things she has no proof of. You have your Dad's magazine." I grab the magazine; she gave me earlier and waves it around.
"I do, don’t I." She smiles fondly at her dad’s work.
"I got to go to defense against the dark arts." I bid her goodbye.
"Have fun!" She yells after me.
"No one appreciates your sarcasm!" I yell back. I walk into the class. I had to hold back my sneer when I saw Parkinson clinging onto Draco. I sat down next to Blaise.
"Look, there's the Gryffindor’s playboy." He points to Ron. Granger and Lavender Brown were staring at him with heart eyes. Sophia ran out of my pocket and onto my shoulder once again.
"EW, they have such bad taste." I let out my sneer.
"Gosh, someone is in a nasty mood." He looks me up and down, noticing my whole demeanor was darker than normal today.
"Too much love in the room." I gave a dirty look to all the love sick people in the room.
"You need a shag." He laughs, realizing my problem. It was more than that though; I miss being wanted by someone in an intimate sense both physically and mentally.
"Brown is wasting her time. Mudblood and Weaslbee are meant for each other. They both have bad hair." I laugh at my lame joke, trying to lighten the mood. Blaise laugh at my failed attempt to be funny.
"What’s so funny?" Draco snaps from behind me. I look back to see Draco with Parkinson still clinging to him.
"None of your business," I snap back, staring at his arm that was being held in a death grip. I turn forward as Snape storm his way into the room.
"Are you jealous?" Blaise whispers in my ear, so only I could hear.
"I don't even know the meaning of the word." I shrug off his ridiculous statement.
“Jealousy means to have resentment toward someone, because of something they have. Now you can know what you’re feeling." He teases. I punch him in the arm.
“Lopes, there is no need to hit your own house mates. That’s what the others are for." Snape scolds me.

"Class Dismiss," Snape yells. He must have scared Sophia, because she jumps into my pocket. I giggle at her as I walk out with Blaise by my side.
"You know a lot of people from other houses, right?" I loop my arm with his.
"I would say I know my fair share. Why do you ask?" He looks intrigued by what I could need someone’s information for.
"I saw Rob snogging with his boyfriend. I don't know one who he is, but I know what he looks like." I explain what I need his skills for.
"If you see him, I could probably put a name to the face for you." He shrugs, not making any promises. None the less, I squeal with excitement. "Do you at least know the house he’s in?" He asks.
"Ravenclaw, I saw the symbol on his robe." I point to my own symbol.
"Aren't you my little detective?" He gave me a peck on the forehead, before we turn a corner.

Draco’s POV
"Class Dismiss," Snape yells. I couldn't feel my left arm due to Pansy’s grip on it. I heard a familiar cheerful giggle, making me look up. Nikki was walking out of the class room with Blaise. I shot up from my seat to hurry after them. I had to drag Pansy along due to her clinging on me. I saw Blaise and her walking away arms loop together.
"I think they like each other." Pansy smile in hopes they were a couple.
"I don't think so," I stare at them. I was making progress with her; she wouldn’t go off with him. Blaise gave her a kiss on the forehead as they disappear around a corner. I look at Pansy, who had a disgusting smirk on her face. "Big deal a kiss on the forehead it means nothing." I rip my arms out of her grip.
"Get over it, Draco!" She yells, stomping her feet and throwing her hand in the air. She was throwing a tantrum like a child. Nikki does the same thing when she gets mad, but she never does it in public. When she throws them, it gets me excited to tame her. Right now, Pansy was making me want to get as far away from her as possible.
"What!" I turn to her in shock. Since when did this bitch raise her voice to me? The only good thing about her was she was obedient. While I enjoy Nikki being feisty and challenging, sometime it was nice to get an easy break.
"I said get over it! She left, why can’t you be happy with what you have! I could leave too, I have options!" She pouts. Once again, I couldn’t help but compare her to Nikki. She likes to pout all the time knowing that I’ll give her way, so I can suck on her bottom lip. Pansy made me want to refuse her more, if simply to show her that it doesn’t work for her.
"I can’t get over it, because what I have isn't as good as what I use to. I'm a Malfoy, I don't settle for anything less than the best." I hover over her, shaking in rage from the combination of the affection going on between Nikki and Blaise and Pansy not knowing her place.
"I heard James is free. Imagine what that would do to your reputation, losing two girls to James." She ignores my statement and continues her point.
"Since, when are you on first name bases with him?" I didn’t even know she knew his first name. Hell, I forgot what it was until Nikki started dating him. She shrug her shoulder, smiling. "Go ahead then." I call her bluff.
"I don't understand what's so great about her!" She screeches on the top of her lungs, making people who were passing by stop and look.
"One great thing about her is she’s a lady. She wouldn't screech in the middle of the hall, causing a scene that making both of us seem like fools." I walk away from her, done with her bullshit.

Nicole’s POV
I lay down on my bed, doing my homework. I look up at the clock. "It's almost time for dinner." I shot up, excited. "I'm going find out who Rob is dating." I told Sophia, who was laying down on her own little bed in her cage. I walk to the mirror and fix myself up. "I'll bring you back some bread." I told Sophia before exiting my dorm. I skip out of the common room to the Great Hall. I ran over and plop down in the seat next to Blaise, smiling brightly at him.
"Someone overly happy," Parkinson points out, giving Draco a smug look for some reason. If I wasn't in such a good mood, I would have told her to shove it. The food appears in front of us. I ignore the food to begin my search for the mystery man. I sigh, not seeing him.
"Check again, you can't expect to see him on the first time." Blaise whispers. I nod my head and scan the Ravenclaw’s table again. I stop when I saw one guy. I look him up and down, smiling. I nudge Blaise and point the guy out, when no one was looking. His eyes grow to the size of the plates we were eating off of.
"What's wrong?" I look at him concern. The guy looks harmless to me.
"That is Michael Corner." He whispers.
"So, what makes him so special?" If he was bad new I didn’t want Robert involve with him.
"It's what makes him not so special." He looks at him, waiting for me to get it. It just wasn’t clicking for me.
"What are you saying?" I was annoyed with him being so vague.
"He is Ginny's ex." He whispers.
"I don’t see the problem." I tilt my head in confusion. Robert was defiantly an upgrade for him.
"He is a half blood." He whispers slowly.
I snap my head back to look at Corner. I was glaring a hole through his head. Blaise poke my side, ripping me away from murdering him with my eyes. "Miller is watching you," he let me know. I look over at Robert, who was frowning.
He got up and walk out of the Great Hall. I did the same. "So you know." He glares at me. I nod my head, not knowing what to say. "Why did you have to snoop, couldn't you have just waited for me to tell you!" He yells at me for the second time.
"When were you going to tell me, huh?" I ask. Rob didn't say anything. "Exactly you weren't going to tell me!" I put my hands on my hips.
"What do you think?" He looks down at his feet.
I let out a dry laugh. "What do I think of the dirty half blood? It’s nothing worth thinking about." I sneer. The thought of even letting one of them touch me, makes me want to throw up.
"And you wonder why I didn't want to tell you!" He shook his head at me.
"Because you’re ashamed, I would be too!" I smirk in bitter amusement.
"I'm not ashamed of him. If anything I'm ashamed of you. How could you be so closed minded?" He pulls at his hair in frustration.
"How could you be so stupid? You really think it's gonna work out with that filthy thing. It'll betray you, you know that right?" I try to talk sense into him.
"Stop calling my boyfriend an it!” He pokes me in the shoulder with each word.
"Not only will it betray you, but it will make you betray people that you love. Look, what is happening right now." I smack his hand away and took a step closer to him. If he wanted to get physical, he’ll learn that I’ve been practicing my hexes.
"Stop, Nicole! Your mom betrayed you all on her own!" He took a step back from me, letting me know he didn’t want it to get that far.
"Shut up, Robert! Shut up! You don't know anything!" I hated how he always used her against me. She is no one to me, she committed suicide as far as I’m concern.
"I was there that day, Nicole. I held you while you cried." He was trying to pull me back to that day.
"Shut up," I warn him.
"Your mom was a selfish bitch! Even when she was with you, she never took care of you! The house elves and your dad did!" Rob reminds me of my isolated childhood.
"This isn't about my mom!" I yell. How dare he try to take the good memories I had of her, before she was ruin by that muggle.
"Yes it is, she the reason you hate mudbloods, half bloods, and muggle." He snap, tired with this argument going nowhere.
"No, she is not. I hate them, because they're filthy and below me!" I growl. There was a hierarchy in life, I’m sorry if he didn’t want to live in reality.
"Maybe you’re the reason your mom left!" He points his finger at me.
"WW-What," I gasp shocked.
"Maybe she left, because she was tired of you always being a spoiled little brat. She got sick of your horrible tantrums that you had at least five times a day, that you haven’t grow out of. She decided that living with a muggle and giving up her magic was better than living with you." He stabs me in the heart and soul with each word he spat at me.
I felt tears building up in my eyes. I bite my lip and sucking them back up. "You know what Miller; I hope you and it are happy together. I hope you get everything that is come to you." I told him in a shaky voice. I turn around, before the tears started to pour down my face. I walk back to my dorm and throw myself onto my bed.
"Sorry, I forgot your bread Sophia." I took her out and put her on my lap. "What a day this turn out to be, Sophia: I lose Robby to a half blood and Luna will probably be on his side. Now all I have is Blaise and maybe Draco." I pet her. She let out a squeak. "And you of course."
There was a knock on my door. I put Sophia down on the bed to open it. Draco was standing there. "Parkinson is two more doors down," I point him in the right direction.
"I'm here for you," he walks into the room. "I got this for you." He pulls out a plate with two pieces of bread, a big drum stick, and some fruit on it from behind his back. "Figure something was better than nothing." He shrugs.
"Thanks Draco," I took it from him and put it on the bed. I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "That was really sweet of you." I gave Sophia one of the pieces of bread.
"That's me for you." He sat down next to me as I eat. "I saw you walk out with Miller. Do you want talk about what he did?" He asks, knowing that it must have been horrible for me to disappear without eating.
"You were right." Were the only words that I could think of to describe what happen.
"I'm right a lot; you have to be more specific." A smirk was plaster on his face.
"About Robby dating a half-blood, it’s Michael Corner." I pop a strawberry in my mouth.
"Oh, well not everyone has our excellent taste." Draco shrugs. I smile at him. That one of the things I like about Draco, he understood my hatred for those filthy creatures.
"I don't think we are going to be friends anymore." I rip the meat off my drum stick with a fork.
"Because he dating a half-blood? I mean I would drop him, but that’s not you." He knew there was more to the story. Since, I didn’t have a problem with bloody traitors. If they wanted to put their heart on the line that was their problem. Although, I was protective of my close friends; I didn’t want Luna or Robert to know the hurt they could cause when you let them get too close.
"Some hurtful things were said, things that can't be forgotten." I stare at my untouched roll of bread, debating if I was going to give that to Sophia too.
"What exactly was said?" He felt the need to know how Robert hurt me.
"I don't want to go into details right now." I shook my head. It felt like a raw wound right now, I wasn’t ready to rub salt into it.
"Okay then later?" He back off for now.
"Yeah later," I said, not knowing if I would ever want to talk about it.
"I'll be going now. I got something to do." He got off the bed.
"Good night," I wave to him. He laughs waving back, before walking out the door. "Definitely Draco," I smile at Sophia.