Don't Jump

Fated White Lines

"Fated huh?"

"Yep fated."

"What do you mean by that?" Gabe asked, scratching his head.

"Well you see nothing in this world, well I believe, is a coincidence. Everything is fated. I mean I just saved Patrick just yesterday, and then you guys are here. That's weird you know?” I paused. “Why are you guys here in the first place?"

"Ah well you see, the same gangsters came after me some hours later, but the security caught them. The only problem was that one of them had grabbed Joe's shoulder and stabbed him with a pocketknife. He's getting it stitched but I think there's going to be a scar left." Patrick sighed.

"And why is Gabe here?" Aly asked.

"I just came along cause Patrick here didn't want to go alone to the hospital incase those same people chased after him. I don't know why he chose me, but all I know is that I’m here because of Patrick."

"Haha, sounds like a good reason though. Don't know if you're tough enough to face those guys though."

"Who are they anyway?" Patrick asked.

“They are called “The Crows”. My brother is part of that gang.”

“Didn’t you know he was one of them?”

I shook my head.

“No, because he never told me until the day his gang came to my house and started banging on my door.”

“For what reason?” Gabe asked.

“Money. That’s all. They came to take my money. Luckily my brother had just arrived at my house and saw what was happening.”

“Wait, what do you mean luckily? Didn’t they know you were his sister?”

I shook my head once again.

“No. They only knew that I was one of those people who were living a good life, and they wanted to destroy that.”

“Damn those bastards. So what did your brother do anyways?”

“He yelled at them, running at them with his pocket knife, swearing to kill them if they lay even one finger on me. They were scared to death. I could see it in their eyes. He told me to open the door. I slowly did as he said and he made them apologize.”

“What kind of position is he in to make them that scared?” Patrick asked.

“The assistant of the leader of The Crows.” Aly said as she took out a photo.

“Where the hell did you get that from?” I asked, not understanding why she had that photo of him and me.

“You told me to burn it, but I couldn’t. I just couldn’t. I don’t know why but something told me not to do so.”

“Well, he is still the assistant of the leader. And even though we don’t meet each other often, we’re still blood related.”

“Then why did they beat you up?”

“They didn’t now it was me until my wallet fell out of my pocket. They picked it up and looked through it while I was still on the ground. Then they found that photo of him and me that I couldn’t throw away. They placed my wallet back into my pocket and one of them carried me bridal style to the hospital immediately.”

“So you were saved by them?” Gabe asked.

“Yeah. Pretty ironic huh? They beat me up, leaving me like this, and see the photo and carry me to the hospital. I don’t understand how I’m still being able to li-”

“REI!” someone yelled from the doorway and rushed over to my side, hugging me.

“Ricky?! Gah! You’re killing me Rick!! Let go!” I gasped.

“Who’s that?” Gabe asked, pointing at the 9 year old boy wearing a orange jacket, jeans, a blue baseball cap, and white sneakers.

“It’s Rei’s little brother, Ricky.”

“Ricky, if you’re here does that mean-“

“Rei, you okay?” another voice said from the doorway.

“I’m…I’m fine Aiden.” I grumbled. I didn’t want to see his face. I did want to see Ricky’s face though, so I’m glad.

“So you’re the kid from The Crows?” Patrick asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

Great. Nice going Patrick.

“Who are you? And why do you know?” Aiden growled as he came into the room, slamming the door shut.

“Wait! Aiden!” I said. “Calm down. He’s Patrick from Fall Out Boy and that’s Gabe from Cobra Starship. One of their friends was knifed by one of your guys and they stumbled in here without knowing I was here. And I saved Patrick from your gang, which is why I’m here now.” I said quickly.

Aiden looked at them and then looked at Aly.

“Oh, you must be…”

“Aly, Rei’s friend.”

“Yeah…okay. Ricky, get off of the bed. Rei looks uncomfortable.” Aiden sighed.

Whew. Close one. I did not want Aiden getting mad at them. That would be worse than the gangs coming after us again.

“Noooo…..I want to stay here!” Ricky whined and sat next to me on the bed.

I patted his head.

“It’s okay Ricky. You don’t have to listen to our big brother.” I said softly to him, which made him smile.

“Aiden, it’s about time you came here. Don’t you have to say something to Rei?” Aly said in a strict tone.

“Hey, you don’t tell me what to do!” he growled, but then his eyes softened as he looked at me. “But yes, I do have something to tell Rei.”

“And what would that be?” I sighed.

“I’m sorry for what they did to you. If they knew that was you, they would have never done that. I’ll tell them from next time to be-“

I couldn’t listen to him babble again. I was going to explode.

“Next time? Next time?! You always say that and they keep doing the same thing! Banging at my door, trying to steal my money, beating me up and then taking me to the hospital. Do you really tell them about me? Have you really put that information in their heads? I bet not. I don’t want to hear another apology from your mouth cause I know you don’t mean it!” I yelled at him.

“I have told them! They were just the new guys! I mean I-“

“New guys?! So every single time it’s the new guys?! I’ve seen some of those faces before! Don’t play with my min-“

Suddenly, I felt a movement next to me. Ricky was plugging his ears with his hands, his head between his legs, while his elbows rested on his knees.

Aiden and I stopped.

Curse Aiden.

“I’m so sorry Ricky! We didn’t mean to fight when you were here.”

“Yo Rick…hey don’t cry. I’ll buy you candy later yeah?”

We didn’t want Ricky to remember what had happened between our mother and our father. Aiden and I were old enough to accept the reality, but Ricky was too small to understand what a divorce meant. He only cried and sat in the same position as he was now on the sofa while our parents fought.

I looked at Aiden and he was frowning. We both felt the same way for Ricky since we were the only family he had, and he was the only family we had.

“Um…is your brother okay?” Gabe asked.

I looked and Gabe and forced a smile.

“I’m sorry. I think our brother will be fine. Can you, Patrick and Alice leave me with Aiden and Ricky for a moment?”

“Yeah, sure. Come on, let’s go.” Gabe said and gestured to Aly and Patrick toward the door.

“We’ll be waiting outside. Okay?” Aly said as she walked out of the room and shut the door.

“Hey Ricks. You wouldn’t mind if you left me and your sister for a bit to talk right?” Aiden asked Ricky.

Ricky looked up and nodded slowly.

“Just…just no fighting okay?”

His voice was shattered as if he had seen someone die right in front of him. I hugged him close to myself.

“We’ll be okay. Right Aiden?” I said as I shot him a death look.

He growled, but kept his temper and nodded.

“Yeah.”

Ricky smiled, but only half heartedly, and got off the bed and walked out of the room.

Aiden closed the door and came back next to my bed and sat down.

“Look. Let me get this straight to your head. I have been telling my gang about you and I have been telling them to stay away from you. They’ve seen you playing with Ricky, and knew that you are someone I know. I told them you’re his sister and my younger sister.”

“Then why did they attack me? And why in the world do they know Rickery in the first place?”

Rickery was Ricky’s real name, but he seemed to hate being called that.

“They’ve seen me with Ricky. They asked me who the hell he was. I answered, that’s all. And it’s for Ricky’s sake.”

Ricky’s sake?

“Are you telling me that they would attack a poor defenseless kid like Ricky for money?”

Aiden looked away.

“It’s not me. It’s not my guys. It’s some of the other guys who do it.”

I grabbed Aiden’s arm. He closed his eyes, his muscles tensed, and he looked like he was waiting for a blow or something.

“Aiden.”

He still kept his eyes shut tight.
I sighed.

“Thank you. Thank you for protecting Ricky and thank you for not being a part of that group.”

I pulled him to me and gave him a hug.
What, he deserved it.
At least he’s watching over Ricky better than I do. I’m useless.
And at least he’s not part of that evil group he was talking about. But still, Aiden is part of the Black Crows and there was no doubt about it.

I let go of Aiden’s arm and let him take in what I had just said.

“I’m still mad at you, but I don’t want to waste all my life being angry at you. I’ve got better stuff to do than that. Anyways, if I keep on frowning, I’m using up all the muscles I don’t need and will get tired easily. You’re causing that you know!” I pouted and he chuckled as he rolled his eyes.

“Yeah yeah. I know. I’m the cause of all your pain.” He groaned as he got up from his chair.

“You keep safe, Aiden. Don’t get caught up in some nasty stuff, or I’ll have to tend to your wounds again.”

Aiden grinned.

“Don’t you worry. You’re the one who should keep safe. I almost forgot. Here.”

He grabbed something out of his jacket pocket and tossed it to me.
I caught it with both hands and looked at it.

A badge?

“It’s mine. I only give it to my property.”

I had to roll my eyes.

“You mean your girls.”

He smirked.

“Right you are.”

“And you want me to keep this on me to keep me safe.”

“That’s my intention.”

I sighed. Why? Why does Aiden come up with these weird ideas? Why?
Well, at least it will help me with surviving life I guess.

“Thanks.” I growled as I pinned it on my shirt.

“No prob baby.” He smirked.

I shot him the best death glare I could give him but replied in a sweet mocking tone,

“Oh you’re so sweet Aiden~! I’ll see you later dear!”

He chuckled again.

“You should really become a voice actress.”

“I’d rather not. I want to become a singer or a guitarist.”

“And I knew you would say that.”

“You’re making Ricky wait. Buy him the candy you promised him!”

“Yeah yeah, I will Rei, I will.” He said in a sing song voice and left the room.

I saw Ricky pop his head in and smiling.

“Bye Reirei!!” He grinned and waved.

“Bye Ricky!”

“Should I let those guys in or should I shoo them away?” Aiden asked from probably not far from my door.

“Yeah, ask if they can come back in, if that’s possible.”

“Alright.”

I heard their footsteps as they walked down the hallway. I heard Aiden talking to Aly and the others. And then I heard footsteps again.

I wonder what day it is today. Too many things have happened in such a short period of time. I hope I’m not in a dream again. That would be like my worst nightmare. I wonder what that dream was about anyway? And who the hell were those people? I better ask Aly and Gabe if I was saying something during the time I seemed to be not myself. From what those two said, it did seem like I was getting hurt by someone.

“Well, got things sorted with your brother?” Patrick asked.

“Sort of, but not really.”

“He seems like a nice kid though. I just don’t get how he can be like that.”

“That’s what everyone says anyway. He wasn't always like that...it was...it was our Dad's fault.”

"Dad?" Gabe asked.

"Mhm...care to listen?"

"Shoot ."

"It was..I think 6 years ago when our parents were still together..."
♠ ♠ ♠
That took a long time to make! People who are still reading, thank you!