Status: Active Active Active

Rayne

Chapter 3: Changing

Chapter 3
Changing


The entire room seemed to gasp all in one breath, and I felt all eyes on me. Even Eris looked aghast, and Marion’s countenance registered shock.
“What is it?” I asked, my eyes searching each of them, my confidence no longer feigned. I truly did feel unstoppable.
“Her eyes…” Brida whispered, “look a’ her eyes!”
“What’s wrong with my eyes?” I demanded, alarm jumping through my body and dissipating as Eris broke out into a grin. Mason watched the change in Eris’ expression and smiled as well.
“Well,” he said to me, “You certainly are from a strong bloodline. You should not have been able to tap into that strength so easily. You should have needed Eris to train you, and now look at your eyes.”
“What’s wrong with my eyes?” I repeated calmly, looking at him. Mason glanced away from my eyes and signalled to Marion who pulled a small compact mirror out of her pocket. Mason passed the mirror to me and I looked at my reflection. I cried out, staring at myself; my hair was the same chocolately brown waves I'd always seen in my reflection, and my skin the same light complexion, but my eyes… No longer did I have plain, slate gray eyes. Now they were deep, swirling, iridescent blue, rimmed with black and flecked with silver and green. My breathing came in short, sharp burst and my heart pounded. Gulping, I tore my eyes from my own gaze, now much more intense than they had ever before managed.
“Eris, I think it’s time for you to explain everything to me.” I said, feeling detached, and yet at the same time, more empowered and healthy than I ever have in my life. I stared blankly at the wood of the table as Seth disbanded the meeting and ushered everyone but Eris and myself out, leaving after the heads and shutting the door behind him. As soon as the door clicked closed, I looked up to Eris,
“Tell me everything.” I said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I learned:

 I am a Seeker from a very pure Seeking bloodline- Seeker Royalty if you will.
 This is from my Mother’s side of the family
 She had no idea about any of this
 Seekers tap into the energy of the Earth
 They manipulate Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit
 The element of Spirit allows us to communicate with animals, each other and Mother Earth (Or Gaea) through dreams
 We have heightened senses of Sight, Sound, Taste, Touch and Smell
 If in dire need, we can call upon the Mother’s energy to heal ourselves or another
 We have a minor ability to control others by using our eyes and the Spirit element
 Seekers of blood as pure as mine are rare, and not much is known about us, but there are rumours of extra abilities, extra gifts from Gaea.
 We are called Seekers because it is our eternal goal to seek peace on earth and equality for all Gaea’s creatures.

Oh, dear reader. I am so scared, you have no idea. After talking to Eris, I went back to my dorm and cried for a while. Then I went and made myself some lunch, and ate way too much. But that made me feel a little better. Eris has told me that I must begin training tomorrow. She said that I should expect severe growing pains for the first few months of training, as my body changes biologically to allow for these abilities. She said I will gain muscle fast, but at the same time my body will become supple and flexible, and the price I pay for that is about a week’s worth of sleepless nights before the less painful changes set in. Apparently my skin will change, becoming stronger, but softer, so it is more sensitive, and once that is over, I can feel disturbances in the water when I swim, or disturbances in the air if I focus.
Dear Reader, Just two days ago I was Carla Hall, and this world was just a fantasy. How can so much have happened so fast? I am so very afraid, even as I lay my head down to sleep this night, I know I will not get any rest. Even now my body aches, as if every muscle and every tendon were shifting and realigning. As if my bones themselves are changing. The pain has reduced me to tears already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Reader. It is midnight, and still I can get no sleep. The pain has subsided for now, but I keep hearing things that should be miles away; which was a little awkward when I heard the moans of a couple’s intimacy three streets over. Then I’ll smell things too faint for me to have smelled normally.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaea help me! Oh, the pain is back, and so much worse. I feel like my body is going to break apart. Oh, god. My heart is racing so fast I think I’m going to fa--
♠ ♠ ♠
You guessed it, she fainted. I apologise, this chapter is very short.