The Nobody

The Beginning

Yet another snowy day, where everything the white fluff has fallen turns into a blanket of white.
Hayley was falling upon her 9th month being pregnant, yet every day she was still hoping that it would be a miscarriage. No-one ever understood her, but then no-one had the chance.

As she was wiping the condensed windows, she looked at the fresh bruises and swellings on her chest and arms. There were dark healing purple bruises under the fresher blueish black bruises every day.

If the child did survive, it would only make her life worse. Hayley didn't want to bring a child into the world if it was going to grow up in the conditions it would.

As a child herself, Hayley always seemed to fantasise of this tall, dark, mysterious husband, a lovely villa near the mountains, lots of money and 4 sweet children.

But being raped at the age of 14 had screwed up every chance of that dream.

She headed to the kitchen to start breakfast, it should be done just as the husband woke up.

To any human being, being able to predict when another person will wake up so that your breakfast has just come off the stovetop is proposterous. (sp?)
But to Hayley, this had become routine.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hayley met Johnny at the age of 5, when he was 15, and they became friends after realising how many things they had in common with each other. They saw each other on a daily basis at the local private school which stretched from preschoolers to college students. Hayley was always told that she acted incredibly old for her age and Johnny always hassled to stop being a paedophile and hanging out with little kids (jokingly of course)

They endured every bit of bullying they got for being friends, and their friendship had developed into more of a brother sister type of relationship.

As Hayley grew up, so did Johnny. But because of the age difference, they grew up in different ways.
When Johnny stopped going to high school, Hayley was only 8 and didn't quite get it. So since she stopped seeing Johnny at school, she went to his house afterschool.

Johnny got a job of course, so Hayley saw even less of him, but by now Hayley was entering her teens.

One visit to Johnny's, she came in to see him gazing into space on the couch with a bottle of whisky in his hand.
She found out that Johnny had come home that morning after working a graveyard shift, he had been welcomed by walking in on his fiance in bed with his High school bully.
He kicked her out of course but this unexplainable feeling overwhelmed him.

He then looked into her eyes with a startling stare that she'd never seen before.

"you know i've always loved you Hailz" this creepy voice croaked from Johnny's dry, chapped lips.

Trying to remain calm and gain control of the situation, she said cheerily, "Yea like an older bro!"

Out of nowhere Johnny lunged at her.

Kicking and screaming, she tried to free herself from his bear hold.
Refusing all his kisses and caressing, he dropped her hard on the floor and hit her across the head.

The room spun, and her face was hot and damp.

Completely drained of physical energy, Hayley tried to pull every ounce of mental strength she had to outsmart him. But his hold was unbearable.

Her school skirt was suddenly ripped off as well as her shirt.

Left only in her lingerie, Johnny threw her onto the bed and demanded she take of the underwear.

She refused.
"DO IT!!!!" Johnny bellowed.

Another flood of tears took over and Hayley realised she was defeated.

As she followed his orders, she was continually slapped for crying.

Cringing when she saw his large penis only made her realise this was death.

He was on top, heaving harder and heavier than ever. Louder tears escaped Hayley's mouth as she had to stop herself from screaming in pain.
This was not a way she wanted to lose her virginity, being raped by a best friend who is crushing her ribs.

He got off to slap her again for crying.

Hayley felt the weight lifted off her completely for two seconds until everything just blacked out.

As hayley's eyelid's flickered open, she slowly remembered where she was and hoping everything that had happened was a horrible, HORRIBLE nightmare.

Sadly, seeing Johnny sitting on the couch puffing a cigar made her realise this was all too real.

Realising she had woken up, Johnny waltzed over to a terrifies Hayley who started to scuttle back.

"Don't you ever fuckin tell anyone this ever happened. In fact, this never did happen. "
Hayley could see the nervousness in his eyes and how he was scared.

"What if it just... let's say slips out?" Oh my God, she can't believe she just said that and AGAIN tried to take control of an uncontrollable situation.

"I can make sure that doesn't happen." Johnny said in a scary, threatening tone.

Hayley died inside. i'd rather take that chance than carry on living now she thought to herself.

"Now get out of my apartment."

Picking up her uniform she quickly ran back home, but not to get the reaction she had hoped for.

Hayley's family was INCREDIBLY religious, ignorant and judgemental.

Hayley had just stepped foot into the doorway when-

*SLAP*
Her mothers heavy breathing was right on her face and her expression may have smashed a mirror alone.

"LOOK AT THE STATE OF YOU!" her mother screeched.
"GOD KNOWS WHERE YOU'VE BEEN, AND YOU MADE YOUR FAMILY WORRY ILL! HOW DARE YOU NOT THINK ABOUT US, THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE RAISED YOU AND CARED FOR YOU!"

"Mum, i was-"

"I DON'T CARE! WHO KNOWS WHERE YOU'VE BEEN-"

"I was at Johnny's-"

"OF COURSE YOU WERE AT JOHNNY'S AND HEAVEN HELP US! WHO KNOWS WHERE YOU WENT, YOU PROBABLY WERE OUT DRINKING AND-"

"HE RAPED ME!"

A silence fell for a moment, followed by another one of mother's slaps.

"HOW DARE YOU MUTTER THOSE WORDS IN MY UNTAINTED HOME!!!" she whispered loudly.

"I w-was i swear. I wouldn't lie mum!"

"i'm not taking a word of your rubbish!"

Hayley ran past her mother fleeing to the sanctuary of her room.

Crying and screaming into her pillow, she didn't understand why her own mother wouldn't believe her.

* * * * *

Oh my Lord am i really pregnant?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *