Broken

Chapter Three

Franks point of view - flashback

"I love you, Frankie," he said softly, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too, you make me feel so special," I said, draping my arm across his broad chest and holding him close.

I nuzzled my face into his neck and breathed in his warm, comforting smell.

"This is so nice, but I really have to get up, I've gotta get ready for work," he said reluctantly.

"No. I don't wanna," I pouted.

"Five more minutes," he agreed.

We lay in a comfortable silence, just listening to each other breathing.

I moved to lay my head on his chest and listened to the steady rhythm of his heart. I was sure it was in perfect time with mine.

"Frankie, babe, I've gotta get up and take a shower before work," he said sadly.

"I know," I said, moving to allow him to get up.

He walked naked to the bathroom, wiggling his butt at me. I giggled as he slapped himself and disappeared into the bathroom.

I rested my hands behind my head, listening to the water running in the bathroom and him humming to himself as he washed.

I was so in love.

Everything was perfect. We had just moved into our first place together, a small apartment in Manhattan, it wasn't cheap to rent. It was a nice place, in a nice part of Manhattan. I was glad he had a real job so he could pay the majority of the rent. I didn't earn much from playing with my band Pencey Prep in clubs.

He emerged from the bathroom, towel drying his gorgeous dark blond hair.

I watched him with fascination as he dressed himself and continued to towel dry his hair. I loved watching him just do everyday tasks, he'd make them look so beautiful, so elegant.

"Well, I gotta run, I'll see you tonight," he said, leaning down to me in the bed and kissing me on the lips gently.

"Are we still going to watch movies and fall asleep on the couch?" I asked.

"You know it!" he said excitedly.

"The only thing that gets me through the day is knowing I get to come home to you," he said sweetly, kissing me again.

"I love you," I said, looking deeply into his eyes.

"I love you too Frankie, I'll see you tonight."

He turned and walked swiftly from the room, pausing at the doorway to blow me another kiss. I pretended to catch it and plant it on my lips.

He flashed me smile, and with that he was gone.

I heard the front door open and then close a few second later.

I sighed contentedly and snuggled up in the blankets, drifting back into a peaceful sleep.

***

I woke up again around 3pm, feeling warm and fuzzy-headed.

I quickly showered and dressed myself, applying a slick of eyeliner and blow-drying my hair. I would straighten it later.

Tonight I could be cooking us a special meal, to mark our 2 year anniversary. Usually my cooking was terrible, but when I made an effort, I knew it wasn't bad at all.

I worked on the dinner for two hours and then when it was almost done I rushed to straighten my hair and set the table, putting out two candles and lighting them. One candle to symbolize each of us, and to symbolize the two happy years we had given each other.

I turned the dinner off and sat on the couch, eagerly awaiting his arrival. I glanced at the clock on the mantelpiece according to that, he should be home any second.

***

I glanced at my cellphone for the millionth time. It was past midnight and he hadn't called. He hadn't come home. Dinner was in the cold oven, ruined hours ago.

I wiped a tear from my face and stood up, shuffling down the hallway towards our bedroom. I put my hand on the door to push it open and there was a sudden knock at the front door. I sighed and turned on my heel, walking back along the hallway to get the door.

I could see the flickering of a blue light through the frosted glass panels and felt a cold feeling spread through my body.

I turned the latch with quivering fingers and opened the door slowly.

"Hi there, I'm looking for a Mr Frank Iero," said a female police officer stood on the front step. Her squad car was parked in the street and I could see another officer stood by it, a man.

"That's me. Is there something wrong officer?" I asked.

"Son, can I come in?" she asked, a deep sadness in her eyes.

Five minutes later she was gone, and I was alone.

I turned to face the table, shock reverberating through my body. I blinked back the tears that burned at my eyes.

One of the candles lit for our dinner, now burning very low, flickered and died.

He was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Matt Tuck and LizzyLoo for commenting on the last chapter (chapter 2). This was a flashback, in case you didn't gather, its just a little background information on the Frank in this story, but obviously very important.

I'd love to hear your feedback on my writing, and your opinions on the story so far.