Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 10

Frank
August of 1995
I didn't want to go back home. I didn't want to see my parents. They were probably mad at me for yelling at them anyways. In a way, I was afraid to come home. I didn't want to face the reality of the situation my family was in. It's kind of like, if I ever ran away. I don't know if I'd have the guts to come back. I'm not saying I want to run away I'm just saying I'd never want to see what they'd be like if I did.

Mikey told me I could crash at his house for as long as I wanted. Being the big mouth that he is, he told his mom about everything that was going on with my family. She called my parents and told them that I was staying with Mikes for awhile. Donna, Mikey's mom, told me that my parents were okay with it. They actually encouraged it, saying that it was a good idea and that maybe I need to take in everything slowly.

Gerard, Mikey and I were all laying outside currently. Mikey told me that I needed to clear my head so I told him that I want to look up at the stars. Its a funny thing about Jersey. No matter what, the stars are always out. Well unless it's cloudy, but none the less it's always a starry night. I love it. Gerard calls me a pansy for it but I could care less. He is laying next to Mikey and I.

"You know what could clear your mind Frankie?" Gerard asked, looking over at me with a smirk on his.

"What?" I asked, rolling my eyes at him 'cause I knew it was going to be something stupid.

"Make out with Annabell." He shrugged.

I shoved him a little which only made him laugh, "I'm not even dating her and you expect me to make out with her?!" I exclaimed with a small smile on my face. I shook my head at his idea before looking back up at that stars.

After some silence I heard Gerard mutter, "One night stand."

I rolled my eyes at him again, "Gerard you really need to get laid." I laughed.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, sitting up and looking down at me. There was a really long pause and all Gerard did was stare at me.

"Um, are you going to say anything?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I would but I've got nothing." He sighed in defeat, laying back down.

Mikey and I burst out laughing, finding, not only, what he had said funny, but also the fact that he's never been laid. I've never been laid either but I'm fourteen. I'm still allowed to have my virginity. Gerard on the other hand is nine teen. If anything he should have at least received a blow job and/or hand job in his life time.

"Stop laughing at me!" Gerard yelled, standing up. I could tell he wasn't really mad, he was just acting, "You're the one who likes looking at the stars." He chuckled.

I shrugged and continued to look up at the stars. Mikey's gate creaked open and in walked Annabell and Sally. They were probably on there way to Mikey's house but heard us back here. Gerard smiled and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Annabell!" Gerard cheered. Annabell gave him a weird look, "Frankie here wants to ask you something." He smiled evilly at me.

My eyes widened, "What?!" I yelled, sitting up and looking at him. He's is so dead.

"What is it?" Annabell asked as she sat down next to me with a smile on her face.

"Um," I tried to avoid eye contact with her. This was really awkward. I was trying to come up with something else to say to her but nothing was coming to mind. I had nothing and Annabell was beginning to look at me funny.

"Frank what is it?" Annabell asked again, trying to catch my eyes as they wondered.

Gerard sighed really loudly so everyone looked at him, "He wants to make out with you." Gerard stated.

My cheeks flushed the color red in embarrassment. Anger filled through me for the second time that day. Without even looking at what Annabell's expression looked like, I got up and walked over to Gerard, pushing him on the ground.

"What the fuck ia your problem!?" I yelled before running out of the back yard.

"Frank!" Mikey called, running after me.

What the hell? Is today like National Piss Frank Off Day? Or how about Make Frank Cry Day. Either one seemed to suit my situation. Running out of breath, I stopped and Mikey unfortunately caught up to me.

"Frank." he panted, "I'm sorry about Gerard. He doesn't think before he speaks." Mikey explained, trying to help his brother.

I took a deep breath, "He told Annabell that I wanted to make out with her Mikey! " A few tears slipped down my face,"She probably thinks I'm some horny teenager now!"

"Frank I'm sur-"

"I don't think you're a horny teenager." Annabell interrupted. She seemed to have come out of no where. It really scared the shit out of me.

"A-Annabell." I stuttered.

"Gerard told me that he was just kidding after you left... He also said that you're gay but..." She trailed off.

Mikey and I chuckled, "Oh." I smiled.

"Um, I'm just gonna go." Mikey quickly, and randomly, excused himself.

"Sorry about Gerard. He hasn't gotten laid yet." I laughed as Annabell and I sat on the curb.

She chuckled and rested her head on my shoulder. Her arm linked with mine and I blushed. I looked down at the tiny rocks that lined the curb, "So if you didn't want to ask to make out with me, what did you want to ask?" She questioned.

"O-Oh," I stuttered, not knowing what to say. Annabell lifted her head and smiled at me, "I, um." Out of no where a burst of confidence shot through me and I went for, "Do you want to go out with me?" I asked quickly but slow enough for her to understand me.

She smiled at me while her cheeks tinted with the color of a light pink, "I'd like that."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. She did the same to me, holding me tight. During that time I felt like we were the only two on the Earth. Nothing mattered to me. The divorce seemed to have faded away. Gerard being an asshole wasn't even remotely making it into my thoughts right now. All I was thinking about was Annabell. My girlfriend.