Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 12

Frank
August of 1995
Annabell and I have now been dating for a total of five days. I've also been living at Mikey and Gerard's house for those days. My parents keep in touch with Mikey and Gerard's mom, Donna. They just call to check up on me I guess. At least they still care. My dad's moved out of the house too. He got a small apartment near his work. Mom Tells Donna that it's so much quieter without me or my dad there.

I've been planning to go see my mom at the diner that she works at though. I don't want to go back home yet but I still want to see her. I know she misses me and to be honest, I miss her too. Maybe now that my dad's gone I can go back home. It's not like they'll be fighting anymore. Although I think the silence will kill me. It's hard for me to imagine my life without my dad in the same house as my mom and I.

Mikey and I were currently walking to Annabell's house. Sally had slept over there last night and we agreed to go out the next day. The next day being now. I'm not sure what we're doing today though. It's a hot summer day and I've got no idea's on what we could do. Mikey usually comes up with something. Him and his brother always have great ideas.

"So..." Mikey began as we neared Annabell's house, "Have you kissed her?" He asked with a big grin plastered on his face.

I nudged him a little and let out a small chuckle. "No. We've been going out for five days Mikey." I laughed, "Your brother is beginning to rub off on you." I added.

Mikey's eyes went wide, "Dear God I am!" He shrieked.

I busted out laughing at him. He really was becoming more like Gerard. He didn't seem too thrilled about it either. He loves his brother, don't get me wrong, but the way Gerard acts is a little odd. Mikey never really wanted to be like his brother in that way.

"Come on Mikey. It was joke." I laughed, dragging him the rest of the way to Annabell's house.

I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. Instead a man answered to which I assumed was her dad. He was tall, like super tall, with a dark brown hair and brown eyes. He was kind of intimidating to me 'cause I'm so short. "

H-Hey." I stuttered, "Is Annabell here?" I asked, controlling my voice. "Yeah, come on in." He smiled. After he had smiled I felt a little better about being around him.

He guided us to the basement where Annabell and Sally were. They were in their pajama's watching TV. Annabell was laying on one couch and Sally on the other. Sally's head was hanging off the edge so she was watching the TV upside down.

"Anne your friends are here." Her father announced. Annabell looked up at Mikey and I but Sally just continued to look at the TV.

"Hey guys!" She smiled as her dad left. She sat up as I sat down next to her.

"Hey." I smiled, giving her a hug. Mikey went to examine Sally. "So what're we doing today?" I asked, slipping my hand into hers as we sat back on the couch and starred at the TV.

I felt her shrug as she leaned her head on my shoulder. My attention was diverted when I heard Sally mumble something to Mikey. When I looked over at them, Mikey was laying on the floor, looking up at Sally, his hands on his stomach. I giggled a little at the two of them.

"What?" Annabell asked, questioning why I was laughing.

I just pointed at Mikey and Sally. They were now poking each other in their faces and smiling at one another. I thought it was pretty funny yet strange. Have you ever just poked your friend in the face as an activity? I didn't think so and if you have I'm laughing at you right now.

"They like each other." Annabell whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows before moving a little so I could look into Annabell's gorgeous eyes, "You think so?" I asked.

She giggled and nodded her head, "They flirting." She stated and poked me in my stomach.

I giggled 'cause it tickled. I'm a very ticklish person and I hate when people find out 'cause all they do for at least a week is tickle me. Annabell noticed that it had tickled me and did it again, causing me to squirm on the couch as I giggled uncontrollably. Annabell laughed at how terribly ticklish I was. Eventually I was full out laying on the couch with Annabell sitting on top of me. I hadn't really noticed our position until she had stopped and just looked into my eyes. The silence in the room made things a little more awkward but at the same time I didn't mind it.

Annabell finally broke the silence with a small chuckle, "You're really ticklish." She stated.

I nodded as the smile on her face faded and she just looked back into my eyes. Some of her hair had fallen around her face and just touched my cheeks. Hesitantly I pushed the strand behind her ear. Slowly I pushed myself up onto my elbows, our faces inching towards each other. My lips just barely were brushing against hers until I finally found it in me to press my lips onto hers. It felt so right.