Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 19

Frank
August of 1995
School has officially started. There's many reasons that I hate school. The number one reason is that a lot of people call me names and pick on me. You wouldn't expect that at a catholic school, but you're so wrong. The worst people come from catholic schools. It's 'cause we're cooped up with so many rules that once we're free, we are fucking free.

Another reason I hate school is 'cause of the work. I'm now in high school so it's going to be a lot harder. There's going to be a lot more work. I do my work and all but it sucks. I waste my time on it 'cause my mom tells me to and my dad wants to make sure I get a good education. I'm fine with going and all but I really don't need school for what I want to be. Ever since I was eleven I wanted to be in a band and school isn't really going to help me.

I wish I went to public school so I could be with Mikey, Annabell and Sally. Oh, Sally is in Mikey's grade by the way. I never clarified that. So if you're wondering who's in what grade, this is how it is. Annabell and I are both sophomores in high school. Mikey and Sally are both juniors in high school. Ray, Gerard, and William are all in there second year of college.

I slung my back pack over my shoulder as I slammed my locker shut. Today was a blur. People made fun of me and I got homework. What's new. I was glad that it was the end of the day though. I could finally get out of this uniform. It sucks. Everyday I have to wear a white button up shirt, black dress pants, a tie, and a black sweater vest. Oh and dress shoes. Fuck my life. It sucks.

I was walking to my house from the bus stop when Annabell came rushing outside. She was laughing as she came and walked beside me. I stopped and stared at her with a funny look on my face. Why was she laughing?

"Whats so funny?" I asked.

"You." She chuckled.

I mocked a pout and looked down, "Don't make fun of me."

"Awe." She cooed, lifting my chin with her hand, "I think you look cute." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "Gee, thanks."

"I mean it." She urged as I began walking again.

"I believe it." I laughed.

"Good." She smiled with a look of accomplish on her face.

I shook my head and smiled as I kissed her cheek. She walked me home and I told her to stay which she did. We hung for most of the day until dinner time and she had to go home. I kissed her goodbye and went to my room to do my homework. Even though my school life sucked, my home life was worth living for.