Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 21

Frank
September of 1995
Today was the day. Everything was set up at my house and everyone was there. Now all I had to do was get Mikey over to my house. We're currently at his house. His mom had just given him his present which was an album from a band he really liked.

"Thanks mom!" He smiled as he hugged his mom.

He let go and turned to me. Time to get Mikey over to my house. "Shit, I forgot your present at my house."

"You got me something?" He questioned with a smile on his lips.

"Of course! C'mon. You can open it over at my house." I suggested.

"Alright." Mikey smiled.

We went up to his room first so he could put his album away. Grabbing our jackets off the coat hanger, Mikey and I made our way over to my house. The plan was going perfect. The bitter cold stung against our exposed skin as we walked to the short distance to my house. It'd be worth it though. Mikey and I raced to the front door. I let him win though. I slowed down a little so he could get there before.

I watched as Mikey burst through the door and was met with a cheer of "SURPRISE!"

I jumped up the steps and into my house, wrapping an arm around Mikey's shoulder, "Happy birthday Mikey!" I cheered.

He was still in shock from all the people standing in my house but a smile was still on his face. After about two minutes he began laughing and gave me hug. After that he was pulled away and sucked into the crowd of people. His friends, I assumed. Some faces were familiar but seeing as I didn't go to his school, I didn't know all of them.

I snaked my way to the kitchen where I found William and Ray. No one was really allowed in the kitchen but Ray and William were the exception. I knew them after all so there was no harm in letting them in the kitchen.

I smiled at them as I made my way over to the fridge and got a drink. "Mikey was so surprised." William commented.

I chuckled and nodded, "I know. I wish I was in front of him to see his face."

"He just stood there with his mouth hung open and his eyes super wide." Ray informed me.

I smiled as I took a drink, "I'll have to ask him to re - in - act the face later tonight."

William chuckled, "He'll probably be too embarrassed."

I nodded, "Probably. Well I'll see you guys later. I'm gonna go find Annabell."

Ray and William looked at me suggestively. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I walked out of the kitchen and into the Family Room. Teenagers were squished on the couch, people sitting on top of others. Music was blaring through the stereo. Is this what a high school party was like? Loud and... compressed? I didn't care too much for parties though. It was a good thing my mom wasn't here. Don't get me wrong, she knew I was having a party but if she knew it was like this, she wouldn't have approved.

I searched everywhere for Annabell. She was here this afternoon. Where could she have gone? Had she left? I hoped not. Just as I was bout to give up, I spotted Sally. Sally was sitting in Mikey's lap. When they were going to get together, I had no idea.

"Hey Sally." I talked over the loud music. She smiled and waved. "Have you seen Annabell?" I asked.

"Anne?" She questioned, probably because she couldn't here me. I nodded my head. "She went upstairs."

"Alright. Thanks." I smiled as I made my way through the crowd of people once again.

I got to the stairs and walked up them. Why would Annabell be upstairs? I went strait to my room and found her right away. She was sitting on my bed, looking around. Her eyes caught mine and she blushed, quickly standing up.

"Sorry." She apologized.

I giggled and shut the door to block out the sound, "It's alright. I don't mind." I walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. Her arms slipped around my neck. "I haven't seen you a lot today." I mumbled, holding her tighter.

She sighed, "Yeah, I know."

I pulled my head away from her shoulder and we stared at each other for sometime until I planted a kiss on her lips.

"How are you, beautiful?" I asked, smiling as I called her 'beautiful'.

She blushed, "I'm good. How about yourself, handsome?"

I chuckled, "I'm good."

"You sure?" She asked, pulling me over to my bed.

She walked backwards towards it. Her hands were behind my neck and her forehead was touching mine. The back of her knees hit the bed and she flopped down on it. Landed on top of her, placing my hands either side of her face.

"I'm sure." I smiled, getting what she was hinting at.,, Not sex.

I brought my lips to hers and began to kiss her. Our lips moved in sync as her hands pushed through my some what long hair. The kiss became more intimate when I opened my mouth and slipped my tongue out. It pressed against her lips until she opened her mouth. For the first time our tongues danced in each others mouth. For the first time in a long time I felt happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out my new story about Frank here