Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 22

Frank
September of 1995
The end of September is nearing but it's ending on a bad note. Ever since my parents went to court to get a divorce, all hell has broke loose. They're fighting more than ever and the worst part is, they're fighting over me. Currently, the Judge said that I'd be better off with my dad. The Judge say's I need a man in my life, to take after. What's even worse is that my mom is starting to agree with all this.

It's really starting to make me mad. I want to stay with my mom. All of my friends are here, where my mom is but no. Now my mom claims that she won't have enough money to support the both of us. She's just trying to guilt trip me into going to live with my dad. If my dad lived around here, I'd live with him but he doesn't so it's out of the question.

I can't move away from Annabell. That'll tear us apart. It's already bad enough that we don't go to the same school, and now I'll most likely end up on the other side of town. How the hell am I suppose to get to Annabell from there. It's way too far to walk. I can't drive and my dad will definitely not take me across town every day.

My phone began to ring, pulling me from my thoughts and rants that I'll probably never voice to my parents. They wouldn't under stand anyways. I'm trying to stay in touch with someone I'm falling for but they got a divorce so they probably have no idea what this feeling is like.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was Gerard. Why would he be calling me? He's up in New York at college.

I sighed as I rolled over onto my stomach on my bed and answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey Frankie, how you doing?" Gerard asked. He sounded terribly bored. Great, I'm his last resort for entertainment.

"Horrible. I'm going to end up living with my dad. I can't move away from Annabell." I explained.

"You'll be fine Frankie. I'm sure you'll see each other a lot. Don't give up yet." Gerard encouraged me,

I sighed and rolled back over so I was looking at the ceiling, "I don't know Gerard. I'm worried. We don't even go to the same school. What if - What if she finds someone else. What if -"

"Frankie, stop." Gerard interrupted. "She won't break up with you. She really likes you. You've got nothing to worry about." He assured me.

I huffed out a breath, "Fine. But if she does I'm coming after you." I joked.

Gerard chuckled on the other side of the phone, "You do that Frankie. Listen, I gotta go. William and I are heading into town. I'll talk to you later dude."

"Alright, bye Gerard."

"Bye."

With that, we both hung up. I was once again left with my own thoughts in my room. I hadn't left my room for the entire day and it was almost 5 in the afternoon. I slept till one so I've only been awake in my room for about four hours. My mom keeps coming up and telling me to leave but I really don't want to leave. I don't even talk to her when she comes in let alone acknowledge her. Everyone just pissing me off today. Everyone except Gerard but he's not even here. I need someone, that's what I need. Someone... Or something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update.
I was busy.
This is just a filler update.