Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 26

Frank
September 1995
A groan left my mouth after Gerard walked out of the room and quietly shut the room. A rehabilitation center? I drank once and now I've suddenly got a problem? This is nuts, I thought to myself as I laid back on my bed in the dark room, the moon light shinning through the window. Sighing, I turned away from the light and stared at the empty chair next to me where Gerard had been sitting just minutes ago. It's nice what he's done for me but I don't think I need to go to a rehab center. It's not like I've done this before, my mind wandered.

After several minutes of thinking, I got up out of my bed. Slowly, I made my way out of my room, glancing at the time just before leaving. It was around two in the morning. My mom wouldn't be awake right now. I continued out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. I was somewhat hungry but at the same time the thought of food made me sick. I thought I'd find something suitable to eat.

Looking through the pantry, I found a box of saltine crackers. Perfect. It's not like they have some disgusting taste that would make me puke. I grabbed the box and stumbled into the family room. I was sort of dizzy. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv before opening the box and beginning to eat. The Nanny was on and I didn't mind the show too much so I kept it.

As I sat in the family room eating my crackers, my mind drifted to why I had gotten drunk in the first place. I didn't want to move away from Annabell. She obviously must mean something to me for me to get drunk over the situation... Right?

The next thing I knew I was being awoken by Gerard tapping my shoulder. I jumped a bit before realizing what was going on and looking up at him.

"Go get dressed, we're leaving." He spoke sternly.

I sighed, "Don't you think I should be let off with a warning or something, Gerard? It was one time." I tried to explain. I had no intentions on going to a rehab center.

Gerard just shrugged, "Get up and get dressed. I think you'll like this rehab center." He nodded.

I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed, "Fine." I muttered harshly to him before getting up and stalking off up to my room.

I took a good 10 minutes putting on some clothes before walking back down the stairs. Gerard opened the front door for me and lead me out. I headed for Gerard's car but he gave me a gentle push and shook his head.

"I didn't know there was a rehab center in walking distance." I said with confusion in my voice. It was somewhat of a question too.

"There isn't." Gerard said, leading me down the road. We ended up in front of Annabell's house and I became nervous of what Gerard had in mind for this so called "rehab center".

"Gerard, what're we doing here?"

He didn't answer. He just walked up to the front door and knocked before stepping a foot back. Annabell came to the door and some how she knew. She looked at me in disappointment as she opened the front door. Gerard must've told her.

"Is everyone here?" Gerard asked.

Annabell gave him a short nod before waving her hand for us to follow. Reluctantly, I moved my feet and made my way inside. We walked down to the basement where Sally and Mikey sat. I had to confess a problem I didn't have in front of my friends?
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler.
And I'm finally back.
Sorry, I'll try to write more.