Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 30

I was awoken by yelling and a push that knocked me off the bed. When I opened my eyes, I realized that Annabell was being yelled at by her dad because I was sleeping in her bed with her. Probably wasn't the best idea to sleep there and there's no doubt my parents will be mad at me for staying the night.

"We didn't do anything!" Annabell shouted at her dad. She was so upset and angry. I should've never stayed the night. This was all my fault. I should've just left when I was told to.

I got up and broke into their bickering, "Sir!" I got her father's attention and he stared at me with eyes that were filled with anger. "Listen, this isn't her fault, it's mine. She told me to leave but I just told her to go to sleep and I fell I asleep next to her. I should have left, please to be made her. Be mad at me. I'm sorry."

Her father looked at me with a glare before glancing over at Annabell. I looked over at her and she still seemed so upset, but she didn't look angry anymore. I turned to look back at her father and he seemed a bit more calm, but I could tell he was still very angry with me. Only me, now, too. That's what I wanted. I didn't want him mad at Annabell.

"I think you should go home, Frank. I'll give your parents a call so they know where you are and what's happened." Annabell's father told me.

I nodded before Annabell spoke again, "Dad, he doesn't live down the street anymore, though. He can't just walk home. Especially when it's still very late."

I shook my head and looked at Annabell, "I'll just go to my mom's house or maybe go to Mikey's. I'll be fine." I assured her and her father.

Annabell's father lead me to the door and watched as I walked out of the house and down the street until neither of us could see each other anymore. I walked until I came to my mom's house and looked across the street at Mikey's house. I was debating on which I wanted to go to. My mom would soon find out, Annabell's father said he'd call my parents. Plus, I hadn't seen my mom since last weekend. But it was so late. I didn't want to wake her up and have her questioning me.

I decided that I'd sneak into Mikey's house. Maybe through his window or Gerard's. Which ever was easiest. Since I was pretty short, I went to Gerard's window first and knelt down to knock on it. He lived in the basement so it would be easier to reach the window, but harder to get through it since it was so small.

I knocked a few times on the window and waited. I didn't even know if he was home, but I hoped he was. I was tired and cold. I just wanted to go sleep in a nice warm bed, but I was stuck outside in the cold.

After no response, I knocked once more before stepping away from the house and looking up at Mikey's window. It was high up and I'd have to throw something at it in order to wake him up. I wasn't tall enough to knock. No one was, for that matter. I quickly began to search for something to throw at the window until I finally came across a tennis ball. It should work. I threw the tennis ball at the window and it made quite a loud noise.

I watched as the lights in his room turned on and laughed a bit as he slowly approached the window. He looked tired, from what I could see. He didn't even have his glasses on and he wasn't wearing a shirt either. He unlocked the window and looked around, despite his tiredness.

"Mikey!" I whispered loudly and caught his attention when he looked down at me.

"Frank?" He questioned, "What the hell are you doing here? It's almost 3am, why're you here?"

"Will you just let me in? It's freezing. I'll explain in the morning." I told him.

I heard him groan before he left his window. I made my way over to the front door where Mikey met me and opened the door for me. He didn't even wait for me as I walked inside. He must've been really tired. I shut the door and locked it before following him upstairs into his room. He threw me a blanket and a pillow and mumbled to me that I could sleep on the floor before he flopped back down onto his own bed and soon fell asleep.

I was going to be in the shit when my parents found out about all of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two filler chapters, but a better chapter will be released soon.