Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 33

Gerard stared at me. I wasn't looking at him but I could feel his eyes boring into my skull. As much as I wanted to look back at him, I focused on the carpeted floor beneath my feet. I could hear him try and make sentences but it was like he would backspace and try all over again. He didn't know what to say. He was struggling. Before he could even get out a decent sentence, Mikey came back and told us that my parents had come up with a punishment for my actions.

I finally looked up at Gerard, "I'll see you around... Okay?" I gave him a small smile before leaving the room and walking downstairs.

There were so many things going on in my life. I was becoming so stressed out with everything. From me drinking (which my dad still brought up on numerous occasions) to the current events happening now. I had so much on my plate. It was like I was feeding for 10 people. When had my life become so complicated? Before, it was easy. I would just hang out with the guys and relax, but now, everything is so difficult. Is it because I'm in high school? I didn't know.

I reached the living room where Annabell was sitting along with all our parents. Mikey followed in behind me. I sat down next to Annabell and Mikey sat next to me before all of our attention was given to our parents... And I still had no idea why Mikey was included.

My father spoke up first, "Frank, you'll be moving back in with your mother." He began and my eyes widen as my eyebrows furrowed.

"... That's a punishment?" I asked before getting elbowed in the side by Mikey. He looked at me with a face as if to say, "Shut the fuck up." I looked back at my dad and spoke, "I mean. Oh..."

My father rolled his eyes and continued, "But you'll have to take up a job to for things on your own. You'll go back to your catholic school and you'll be grounded for a month."

"A month?" I asked, my mouth hanging open. "I'd rather you put bars on my window and lock the door from the outside so I can't get out at night like Harry Potter. A month's a bit ridiculous, I think."

"That's your punishment." My father shrugged.

"What about my birthday?" I asked.

"Think before you act." He shrugged again and I groaned.

Annabell's father then spoke up, "You'll also be grounded for a month and you're not allowed to have boys over unless your mother or I are supervising."

I rolled my eyes and groaned again, "Nothing even happened." I muttered.

Annabell just nodded, though. She didn't say anything and obeyed her parents and what they said. I was a bit pissed, though. I could a punch a hole in the wall. More stress just building up in me. More anger just wanting to be released. More thoughts of how I felt when I had gotten drunk that one time. It was weird how it called to me. How it knew I needed something to forget. It was like the devil whispering into my ear. But I couldn't drink again. If anyone found out, I'd probably be sent off to military school. I couldn't keep getting into trouble.

"You can say goodbye to each other. We'll be waiting outside." My mother announced and stood up.

Annabell's parents and my parents left the house. Mrs. Way and Mikey went off into their house while Annabell and I sat next to each other. I turned to her and she faced me. I looked at her apologetically and she tried to smile.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get you into trouble. I didn't mean for this to happen." I informed her.

She shook her head, "It's okay, Frank. I think it's really for the best. I mean, you're going to be living back here, now. And although we have to wait an entire month to see each other again, after that, we can see each other all the time." She smiled. A real genuine smile.

I loved how she saw the bright side in all of this. It actually made me a little less stressed and happy. I knew that the time would pass slowly but it would eventually pass by and Annabell and myself could be together again. Maybe our lives could finally go back to being normal or whatever it was before all this.

I gave Annabell a kiss and hug goodbye before we went our separate ways. Let the month begin.