Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 9

Frank
August of 1995
It's August now and my parents have still been fighting with each other. When I ever I hear them at night I sneak out and go to Mikey's house. Him and Annabell are the only two people that I've told about my parents so far. I'm just hoping it'll pass. All their arguments. Something inside me is telling me it's not going to subside though. Their shouts have become screams and their stomping of the feet has become the sound of shattering glass.

"Frank sweaty, could you please come down here!" My mom called from down stairs.

I sighed, placing my guitar back on it's stand before going down stairs. As I made my decent I had a bad feeling about what she could possibly want. Something wasn't right. I found my parents in the kitchen sitting at the table. My mom motioned for me to sit down. My dad wouldn't even look up. He looked pissed yet upset.

"Whats going on?" I asked, fearing the worst.

My mom took a deep breath, taking one of my hands in hers before she began, "Frank, honey, I'm sorry to tell you this," She took a dramatic pause, "Your father and I are getting a divorce."

My eyebrows arched up as my mouth fell slightly open. A lump grew in my throat and it was becoming harder for me to breath. I knew the tears were coming. They were building up on the lids of my eyes. It was a matter of seconds before they slipped down my face.

Anger rushed through my body suddenly and I ripped my hand away from my mother's grasp. I stood up, pushing the chair against the wall and looked at my parents. Both of their eyes were set on me.

"No!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, making my parents flinch, "What the hell happened?! You were fine!! If you knew you'd get a fucking divorce then why would you even get married!!"

With that, I began running out of my house. I heard my dad call for me but I kept running. I crossed the street and burst through the door to Mikey's house. As soon as I ran inside and saw him, Annabell, and Sally all sitting on the couch, they all looked towards me in shock.

"Frank," Mikey began, climbing over his couch to get to me, "Are you okay? What happened?" He asked. I couldn't answer though. My breathing was messed up 'cause I was still crying and I had just ran as fast as I could to get here. Mikey noticed and pulled me over the couch, "Hey. you're alright dude. I'm gonna go get you some water." He informed before leaving.

Annabell came and sat down next to me with a sincere look on her face, "Whats wrong Frankie?" She softly asked. I could sense Sally watching us from the other couch.

Mikey came back with a glass of water. He handed it to me and I took a gulp before I blurted out, "My parents are getting a divorce." After I said it I began to cry in hysterics.

Annabell wrapped her arms around me and let me cry on her shoulder. I held onto her tightly. I held on like she was being ripped away from me. She patted my back and I felt Mikey put a hand on my shoulder for comfort as well.

The feelings I had towards what my parents had said were mixed. I was upset yet angry. What were they going to do with me? Weekends with my dad? I didn't want that. I never wanted a broken family. I didn't want to be thrown back and forth like a football. I just didn't want any of this to be real.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter than usual but I'll probably update again today.

Thank you:
XxGregKillsxX
a7x rocker