But It's Harder to Walk on Your Own

Image

Sen Sterling. She wants to major in Physiology at the Junior College. She has dated a lot of guys throughout High School. They were mostly jerks. The ones that weren't were the ones she didn't feel anything towards. In fact, she has never felt a spark with any guy. She meets a guy and he asks her out. Same old, same old, but can this time it be different? What about the girl on the trails she thought she felt something for?

Celia Wars. She has dated one guy. It was four days, they broke it off claiming it was "just to weird". She has had crushes aplenty, but never moved past the being friends. To those around her, even her best friends, she's opposed to dating, love, marriage, anything of the type. At college there seems to be a guy that won't let her be, a guy that has turned her world upside down. Will she change her opinion?

Ashlyn Martyn. She went through her entire high school career dating one guy. They had professed their love and he had promised her the world. At graduation it all came crashing down. He told her that long distance relationships weren't his thing, and left. She hasn't stopped crying herself to sleep. At school she's working on getting her degree in anthropology and nothing else. She's taken herself out of the dating scene, spending her time working. Her friends have noticed that she never laughs, smiles, or makes her normal sarcastic comments. She seems depressed. A guy comes along and she starts to become herself. She smiles, once, twice, a laugh.

The three friends, since sophomore year, are heading out into the world. They're sharing a dorm room and can see the others ups and down. Witness every tear and laugh while they learn what reality means.

Disclaimer: Title credit to Demi Lovato's Gift of a Friend. We own all characters and the plot.
  1. Chapter 1
    Sen Sterling goes to her first day at the JC and meets the charming Jake in her Calculus class.
  2. Chapter 2
    Enter Mama Patrelli's, the local coffee house and place of work for Celia Wars.
  3. Chapter 3
  4. Chapter 4
    Sen goes to the trails behind the JC after class to ponder things, and ends up meeting Tamesis.
  5. Chapter 5
    Sleeping in class and falling over bike wheels? Not the most 'put together' day for Miss Wars
  6. Chapter 6
  7. Chapter 7
    Sen goes on a date with Jake.
  8. Chapter 8
    Some phone calls are fun and you really enjoy them, but they have to come at the right TIME. What do Celia and Ashlyn know that Sen doesn't?
  9. Chapter 9
  10. Chapter 10
    Sen, Ashlyn, and Celia take alternate means of transportation to school.
  11. Chapter 11
    Drama and Acting, two things that go together very well, unless you're Celia Wars.
  12. Chapter 12