Status: I hope you guys like this!

Stay With Me

1.

Stay: To persevere…

Hayden stood there, his chest only a few inches away…
Paige wanted to reach out and touch him so much, but she made herself stay where she was. She refused to pressure him any more then she already had. She’d asked Hayden not to go. Now, she just had to wait and find out what he said.
An endlessly long minute passed and no words left Hayden’s mouth. Paige continued to stand there though, because she wasn’t going to be the one to run away…
If Hayden left, she would understand completely. The last thing he needed was to be pushed into something he wasn’t ready for. But she wasn’t going to leave him until she heard his answer. Whatever it might be…

***

Stay : To remain…

Paige stood there, only inches away…
Her body was held stiffly, like she was bracing for a strike. Hayden knew with a simple rejection, he would deliver the expected blow. And he would hurt her, even as he hurt himself as much or more…
In some fucked up far corner of the universe, God was laughing at the irony of the situation. Paige, the definition of beauty, perfection, and pure loveliness was begging him to stay with her. Him! Hayden Peirce, the definition of dysfunctional freak show. As if, he would even think of telling her no…
Hayden would just as easily tell the sun to stop shining and the moon to cease orbiting the earth. Some things were blissfully and supremely inevitable. Such as the fact that he was going to kiss Paige until she couldn’t breathe.
And he would never let anyone take her away from him…

***

Paige gasped when Hayden suddenly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her hard against him. It was unexpected to have him so completely close and she felt a little shocked by it.She could feel every inch of his lean body pressed tightly against her slender curves…
Hayden’s mouth hovered above hers and his shaggy fringe brushed against her forehead. His beautiful unfathomable eyes stared straight into hers and she knew that Hayden was actually looking at her. He actually saw her.
Then he kissed her, and it was perfect.
It was beautiful.
It was everything…
Paige gripped his bare waist and her fingers bit into his pale skin. She pulled him impossibly closer and still it didn’t feel quite close enough. Hayden’s mouth moved slowly to caress her cheek. His lips gently kissed beneath her lashes and the curve of her jaw line. It was as if he was delicately devouring her and Paige had never felt anything so incredible. Probably because it wasn’t a fumbling attempt at sex by the Captain of the football team. It wasn’t a boy who would violate her body and then never call her back. It was someone she loved and someone who loved her back…

***

Paige was intoxicating. Kissing her was worse than drinking a bottle of wine. The taste of her mouth made Hayden feel positively light-headed and the feel of her hands on his skin…
She moved even tighter against him and her fingers were grabbing possessively at his hips. Then she bit gently on his bottom lip and Hayden knew they had to go inside. Unless the neighbors wanted a very interesting show.
Well it was dark, but it would still probably better to go into her house. There was only one small problem though and he felt awful asking about it. Her mom…
She probably wasn’t home, but was it fair to risk her finding out about them. What if she stepped into Paige’s room and they were…
Oh Jesus, Hayden thought as he tugged very reluctantly out of Paige’s embrace. She looked a little intoxicated herself and also a little confused. Until he asked, “What about your mother…?”
Paige just shook her head and said, “She won’t be home until much later and she won’t check on me. She never does…”
The words were said matter- of -factly and without bitterness, but Hayden knew it hurt Paige to acknowledge her mom’s indifference. He knew better then anyone what it felt like to be completely ignored by someone who was supposed to care. It was like some vital part of him had been missing and would never be found. Then he met Paige…
And for the first time in his life, he felt found.

***

Paige took Hayden’s hand and laced their fingers together. Then she smiled and pulled him gently toward her front door. He wasn’t going anywhere…
She knew that when he kissed her, because it wasn’t bittersweet and sad. It was delicious and filled with promise. So even though he hadn’t said it aloud, Paige knew Hayden was going to stay with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah! *Hides behind hands* What do you think?