Status: I hope you guys like this!

Stay With Me

5.

It had only happened once, but the sensation was sickeningly familiar…
The anger escalating until it blocked out everything else. Gabriel’s vision blurring as the edges of his being went suddenly malleable. Changing inside and out, so much that he lost himself in something else.
It had happened before and Gabriel knew what came next. He was afraid of what he would do in the blackout that was coming, but at the same time he knew it was inevitable.

***

Gabriel: An arch-angel who acts as God’s messenger…
Gabriel Vern was no angel, so it was slightly ironic that he should be her savior. Especially since hours ago, he had been the one tearing her world apart. Terry might have wished for someone different, but quite frankly she was never so happy to hear someone’s voice in her life.
She knew it was him. When she heard the low growl in his throat, she knew who her rescuer was. His demand was not said with once ounce of fear or trepidation. It was said as if there were much more things to fear than rapists in the night.
The pervert that was currently smashing himself on top of her must have heard it too. Unfortunately he chose to ignore the purely inhumane threat that laced Gabriel’s voice. He chose to stand up and say, “Why don’t you mind your own business and we’ll pretend like you didn’t make the biggest fucking mistake of your life.”
Gabriel stepped closer and Terry could just see the tips of his shoe’s as he said, “Why don’t you run as far and as fast as you can. Then you might be able to tell yourself that you didn’t just make the biggest mistake of yours…”
When the attacker laughed, it was a harsh ugly sound. He obviously found something about the situation amusing, but there was nothing funny about the inflection in Gabriel’s words. There was something beyond frightening that made Terry pause for a moment on the ground.
Get up, she finally screamed at herself. Seconds later, her muscles reacted and Terry pulled herself off the pavement. Then she tried to run. Again.

***

In his peripheral vision, Gabriel saw her.
Terry…
When she got off the ground, her expression was frantic. Gabriel wanted to tell her to stay when she was, but Terry was already moving. Then as if replaying a particularly violent scene, the attacker grabbed her. His dirty fingers ripped at the back of her shirt as he mocked, “Come and get if you can, hero.”
Hero?
Not quite.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo, I'm so sorry. I haven't updated in like a freakin month! Most of this chap. has been sitting in my computer for a long time. Between work and a really good book called "This Lullaby" I've been swamped. Please forgive me and if you comment I promise a new chap soon.
xoxo- Annie