‹ Prequel: Hello Fascination
Sequel: Lousy Truth
Status: G'night and goodbye.

Just Like You

Onze.

Since finding me off stage, Oli hasn’t left my side. Nate and Sean look over at us periodically and laugh, thinking it’s hilarious how jealous and protective Oli is of me. Whenever Nate comes over to talk to me, Oli just glares at him, not saying a word.

And as for me? I don’t say a word about Nate being my cousin. It’s obvious that Oli doesn’t even think we’re remotely related.

At eleven, the bands pull together in the parking lot and someone pulls out some speakers. The music gets started, a mix of all genres, but mostly with a danceable beat. The drinks are flowing freely and almost everyone’s stumbling around and laughing a little too loud.

Oli had left me earlier at my bus, glaring as Nate and Sean got on too. We were so sweaty and gross after the set, so we all changed, me into a simple cotton dress, the guys into freebie shirts a couple bands gave to them.

Back at the party, Oli attaches himself to me as soon as we see each other. He pulls me into a long kiss, his hands on the back of my neck holding me close. Sean wolf whistles again and I calmly flip him the bird as I kiss Oli back.

When he pulls away, his eyes are dark and thrilling. They’re telling how much he wants to be alone right now, how much he wants to do dirty, dirty things with me and I can’t stop the thrill down my back. I pull him onto the dance floor, the music loud and the voice screaming but with a techno back beat.

We move to the music, the fast beat pulling our bodies into quick motion. The space between us disappears as Oli presses flush against me. I can feel him, hot and hard, against my thigh and I hide my smirk in his shoulder. He takes that moment to press a kiss into my neck, sending chills through my body and heat to my core. He pulls away and lets me see his smirk, knowing full well what he’s doing to me.

The heat of the dance floor and out dance starts to get to be too much and Oli pulls me to the side, near the bar. He walks off to get us drinks after kissing me, a kiss to let me know that he’s still thinking those dirty thoughts.

A body saddles up to me and I smile at Nate.

“So I’m guessing someone’s no longer waiting for marriage?” He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I chuckle.

“I was never waiting for marriage, just the right guy. And you’re wrong. I’m still pure, so if you’re looking for someone to offer up to a dragon, I guess you could still send me,” I hint at out childhood games of the brave Sir Knight and the silly damsel who was always getting captured by a dragon.

He smiles at the reference and his eyes get this far away look in them. He smiles again at the memories of the good times.

“What happened? When did we grow up?” he muses aloud, more to himself than me. I shrug and rest my head against his shoulder, missing those times too. He wraps an arm around me and squeezes gently.

“So you really like Oli, huh? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you dance that way. In fact, I seem t remember a certain little half Asian girl calling people who dance like that sluts,” a smirk tugs at his lips before I elbow him in the stomach. He wheezes and holds his stomach as I casually flip my hair and smile at nothing.

“What’re you talking about? Did you say something disrespectful?” I bat my eyes at him innocently as he death glares me. He tries to straighten up, but doubles over again, groaning. I smirk this time.

Oli comes over with two drinks, his eyebrows raised in question. I just wink at him and take one of the cups. I take a deep gulp of it only to sputter it back out.

“Aww, now look what you did to some perfectly good vodka…” he moans as I gag, the alcohol too strong for me. I give him a look of horror when I register that it was vodka and not my usual drink.

“What the hell?! Why’d you get me vodka?” My yelled question just makes him chuckle, so I pout and cross my arms.

“I didn’t. I got your usual, but you took the wrong cup.” He extends his other hand to me and we trade cups. I take a hesitant sip, my eyes on Oli to watch if he’s tricking me, but the familiar taste of whiskey slips down my throat. I smile in pleasure before snuggling up to Oli.

“Thank you, babe,” I kiss his cheek and he rolls his eyes, muttering something about wasted vodka. He puts his arm around me nonetheless and pulls me close.

“Man, I remember the first time you had vodka, Quinn. I think you were puking for a day straight after that,” Nate chuckles, swigging at his beer. My cheeks flame as Oli looks interested. To my horror, Nate continues, “We were at this party and it was dead boring. We got our hands on a full bottle of some good Russian vodka and by the end of the night, it was almost empty. Quinn’s first time with hard liquor ended with an offering to the porcelain gods.”

I tuck my head into Oli’s chest, embarrassed beyond belief. His chest is moving as he chuckles, but I’m determined to stay hidden. He presses a kiss to the top of my head while making an ‘oh-how-adorable’ type remark. I slap his tummy and he groans a little.

“Oh, so you’ll full out punch me, but you’ll just lightly tap him? I see how things are now. You get a new guy in your life and I’m completely replaced.” I look over at Nate, who’s trying to do the biggest pout ever. My leg swings and he goes down, clutching his shin in pain. Oli smirks before finishing the rest of his drink. He goes off to get another while Nate rights himself. He’s really death glaring me this time. There’s true intent in those eyes, but I just beam innocently.

“Hey wanna help me with something?” I ask him, completely disregarding what just happened. He shrugs, already forgetting about the abuse.

“Dance with me to make Oli jealous?” He looks a little shocked and it takes me explaining about the relationship limbo to get him to agree. We head into the crowded dance floor and start dancing, just having a good time. Our moves are obviously held in check, even a little lame, but when I spot Oli coming over, forcing his way through the crowd, I can’t help but smile.

I see Oli crumple up his cup and toss it away before he jerks Nate away from me. He’s got murder in his eyes until I slide between them, twining myself around Oli. His eyes soften before he pulls me in for a possessive kiss.

“You’re mine and mine only,” he says when he ends our kiss. I smile into his shoulder, enjoying our dance. His words are making chills run through me and I love it. Being his is exciting like nothing else.

He tenses up and I realize he’s waiting for an answer. I look up at him, one hand cupping his cheek as we lock eyes.

“And you’re only mine. If I find you with another girl, I’m going to chop something important off,” my mouth curls into a half smile as I press against the part I’m threatening. He grins and relaxes having heard what he wanted. His lips find mine again and my hand curls to the back of his neck, pressing him closer and closer.

A friend knocks my arm, looking drunk and happy. “Where’s your cousin?!” She’s swaying to a completely different beat, but I saw Nate eyeing her earlier, so I point to him on the edge of the dance floor. She makes her way over to him and I watch until I see the smile on his face.

“Cousin?” Oli inquires, his voice sharp and confused. I look up at him, bating my eyes and smiling innocently.

“Nate’s my mother’s brother’s son. Aka my cousin.” He looks so shocked, he stops moving. He looks between us, looking for the resemblance.

“My dad’s Asian while Nate’s parents are both Dutch.” I answer his unasked question. He groans, but he pulls me close again, resuming our dance.

“You couldn’t have told me that before I started acting like a complete twat?” I almost miss his mumbles into my shoulder. I chuckle and pull his head so he’s looking at me.

“I like you jealous and protective.” His eyes are sharp and waiting for the real reason. “Fine, okay. I didn’t know where we stood and I didn’t want to be the typical girl asking you for a definition, so I thought this innocent little thing with Nate would get me my answer.”

He grumbles, not looking at me, but he again pulls me close. His hands are cradling my head that’s pressed against his chest. I put my arms on his biceps, holding my breath and counting his heartbeats until he says something.

“Next time just ask.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments.
I need comments.
I'll die without them :(