‹ Prequel: Hello Fascination
Sequel: Lousy Truth
Status: G'night and goodbye.

Just Like You

Quinze.

The morning is quiet, the venue almost deserted. There's a hush that's fallen over the few people scattered around and I can't help but feel like I'm wrapped up in a fog. Oli's hand is holding mine as he walks ahead, looking for the schedule.

My phone goes off, blasting 3oh!3. Quickly, I pick it up.

“Quinn! Guess what!” A familiar voice yells at me and I smile, knowing what's coming next. “I'm going to be your merch girl!” Paul had decided a few days ago that he couldn't handle all the people buying Bbycakes and my merch so he told me to invite someone. I called Cass immediately. She merched for Forever the Sickest Kids last year here.

“I know! I'm so excited. When are you going to get here?” Oli's stopped walking, watching me with an amused look on his face.

“Uhhhhhhhh right now?!” her voice raises in excitement and I squeal back. She tells me she's at the gate and I run over, leaving behind a very confused Oli.

I rush past the few people already waiting and spot Cass by the chain link fence. We hug tightly, talking quickly about her flight and how every thing's been. After she got back from Warped last year, she seemed different and sad. Right now I can't see any traces of it, but I know it's there in the back of her mind.

I escort her through and lead her over to the Bbycakes bus. Introducing her to a sleepy Paul, I wander off as he starts to show her how they set up.

My phone goes off again, this time a text from Oli. Where'd you go? I need you :( Smiling because I know he's just joking, I shoot one off to him. I lean against the side of a bus to wait for his response. He quickly sends one back, this one telling me to meet him at the catering tent.

I push off from the side as the door opens. David and I pause as we catch sight of each other.

“Quinn...” He curtly nods to me before heading off. I call his name and he stops.

“Do you know Cass? She was merching for FTSK last year. I just pulled her in to merch for me and I thought you two might have known each other. Maybe you can hang out with her again and help her get around?” I see his spine stiffen and his shoulders tense.

“Cass? Cass is here?” He turns slowly and I'm a little frightened by the gleam in his eye. I nod slowly, wondering if it was a mistake to mention her to him. For all I know, they could hate each other.

“Where is she?” his voice breaks with a little desperation and I point back to the Bbycakes bus. He runs over and I follow, completely confused.

He runs to her, calling her name. I see a flash of surprise and sadness on her face before David grabs her and pulls her into his arms. I can faintly hear him talking to her, but I can't make out the words. Paul wanders over to me, the both of us watching with interest.

“Well that was a different turn of events...” Paul mutters and I agree. David lets go of Cass and I can see tears on her face. I start forward, but Paul stops me. “Wait. Watch.”

Two seconds later, Cass and David are kissing. I can't help but notice the spark in his kiss, the one I never had with him. I look over to Paul, smirking a little.

“So there's history there.” He nods and tells me that he saw the two of them hanging out a lot last summer and that he had recognized her shortly after I took off.

“Well then... I'm glad I could bring them back together?” I don't really know if what I say is true. It seems right now they're happy, but they haven't seen each other in months. If they had continued their relationship, they wouldn't be meeting like this and David wouldn't have been so surprised to hear she's here.

My phone goes off and I realize I forgot Oli. I say a quick good bye to Paul and head off for food. A few people waiting in line wave me over, but I continue looking for Oli. He's close to the front, looking a little annoyed. When he sees me though, he smiles.

“There you are, luv. Take long enough?” He wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me close. I rest my head lightly against him, just relaxing. I breath in a little of his Oli smell and smile to myself.

He informs me that my set is two after him and he's going first today. I can hear him continue to talk, but I space out a little, thinking about last night.

After he fell asleep, I couldn't help but feel so awkward. He had held me close in the circle of his arms, his face so close to mine. His breathing was even and I knew he was fast asleep. I should have been too, but I just couldn't go to sleep. I had pulled out of his arms and headed back into that bathroom. I felt...dirty. Like this wasn't how it was supposed to be. So I took a shower and let the hot water blister me until I finally felt clean. It made no sense. Why should I have felt dirty when I was with Oli? The guy I'm unavoidably falling for?

I sigh a little and Oli squeezes me, looking down with concern. “Everything all right?” I nod as we step up to the buffet. We separate and start filling our plates. I can feel Oli sneaking looks at me, but I keep my eyes on the food. When we're ready, Oli places one hand on the small of my back and guides me towards an empty table. We sit down and I know he's still watching me. He's looking at me, waiting for me to say something. But for once, I'm the one who eats quickly.

When I finish, he puts a hand over mine and I look up at him. He gives me a wary smile, like he doesn't know what's wrong with me. I lean over the table and kiss his cheek.

“I'm gonna go get ready for the day. I can't stay in these clothes all day. I'll see you before your set, okay?” He nods, but I can tell by the look in his eyes that he's not convinced that everything's okay with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhhh.