‹ Prequel: Hello Fascination
Sequel: Lousy Truth
Status: G'night and goodbye.

Just Like You

Dix-Huit.

The steady motion of the bus moving and the snoring wake me up. I turn over, looking for Oli. All I see is the dark fabric that is the curtain. With a little sigh, I turn over onto my back, looking up at the ceiling of the bunk.

Last night was awkward. I could tell that he wanted to do it again, but he also wanted to avoid it. It was just so… Grumbling to myself I turn over on my side, facing the back wall. I wanted to. He wanted to. But he stopped us.

He said that he didn’t want it to be like this for us. Something about sneaking around and fucking whenever we could. Well fuck that! Nichols left us alone for a reason. He winked at me as he left for god sakes!

With another little grumble, I curl down in the covers, wondering when I changed. I’ve hooked up with guys before. I’ve almost gone all the way with some guys, but I’ve always stopped myself because I knew it wasn’t right. Now that I’ve finally found the guy that is right, he doesn’t want to. Even though I’m not a virgin anymore, he’s treating me like I am one.

I hop out of the bunk, heading for the bathroom, but I pause when I hear Oli talking to someone. I peek in the back and see him looking out the dark window with a cell phone to his ear.

“No! You don’t have to do that, Amanda. I’ll be home in three weeks, okay? We’ll talk about this then, not now damnit.” He snaps the phone shut and glares out the window. A little scared and a whole lot concerned, I open the door and walk in. His angry eyes jump to me and he looks like he’s going to kill me until he relaxes and smiles.

“Hey…what are you doing up?” He opens his arms for me and I quickly climb on his lap, curling into him. I rest my head on his shoulder, my eyes closed as I try not to freak out.

“Lee… his stupid snoring woke me up again.” Oli chuckles, his arms loosely holding me to him. I pause for a second, wondering if he’ll bring up the phone conversation. A minute goes by and I can’t contain myself.

“Who was that on the phone? You seemed pretty angry,” I whisper, ashamed that I’m butting into his personal business, but I know that if I don’t ask, it’s going to kill me.

“What? Amanda? It’s just some family stuff back home. She’s my… cousin? Her, ah, uncle is my father’s cousin?” I hear the hesitation in his voice and I can feel him tensing against me. “She wants to come out and deal with it now. I’m trying to get her to back down.”

He looks down at me and smiles a little. “I don’t want to deal with that stuff right now. I just wanna be with you.”

Blushing a little, I press a quick kiss on his neck. He shivers slightly and looks away. I kiss his neck a little more, relishing in his tightening grip and the hard swallows he takes.

“What are you doing to me?”

“Mmm, trying to seduce my boyfriend?” I smirk at him a little and he rolls his eyes.

“You don’t have to seduce your boyfriend. If the git’s got any brains, he’ll be beggin’ for you all the time.” His lips find mine in a quick kiss and he smirks right back at me.

“So if I said I wanted to fuck, what would said boyfriend say?” He looks a little surprised, as if he doesn’t expect that kind of language from a newly ex-virgin. “Oli, I was a virgin only in one way. I can be just as horny as most guys can be. I’m not that innocent.”

He quickly covers up his shock with a wolfish grin. He quickly pulls me tighter, his lips on mine as he leans my back against the cool glass. His fingertips skim the edge of my shirt as mine seek out his tattoos under his shirt.

“You’re gorgeous.” He pauses for a moment, looking at me with a smile on his face. I smile right back and pull him to me again.

--

“I mean, what can I say? Three babies in the backseat singing to you. Hey DJ won’t you play that song for me?” I sing loudly as I dance around the empty bus. The sound system that’s hooked up throughout my bus is blasting 3oh!3 and I love it.

I get dressed in long loose black cotton dress. Spinning around the room and continuing to sing along. Slipping on some funky Asian themed jewelry and pinning a beanie to my hair, I shake my hips to the beat.

“What the hell are you doing?” An accented voice says and I flip Oli the bird. I continue to sing and dance as I walk over to him.

“Come on, dance with me!” I grin at him, grabbing his hands as I attempt to draw him into the music with me.

“How about… no?” He smirks a little and tugs on my hands, making me stumble over to him. His lips find mine quickly and he holds me close.

I rest my head against this chest, smiling a little to myself, until I hear the music again. I pull away from him and dance around the bus, shouting the lyrics at the top of my lungs. From the front of the bus, I can hear Oli laughing at me. In the backroom, I turn to look at him over my shoulder. I crook my finger at him and he quickly comes over.

“Yes?”

“I want to have my wicked way with you,” I wink outrageously at him and he chuckles.

“You don’t even have to ask,” he mumbles as he leans down, his lips touching mine for a moment. I hear the front door bang open in the background, but with Oli pressed against me and my fingers in his soft hair, I don’t care.

The music cuts out and I reluctantly pull away from Oli. Kayla is holding my iPod and glaring at us.

“Could you please not? I just ate and I don’t want to get in that damn line again.” She tosses my iPod at me and I just barely catch it. I take an aggressive step forward, ready to give her a piece of my mind when Oli stops me.

“Don’t do something you’ll regret,” he whispers into my ear and I huff. I turn away from Kayla and grab a red belt to help cinch the dress. Tugging on my boots near the door, I stomp off, Oli silently following me.

Just before we enter the venue, Oli stops me. He wipes the tears from my eyes and just holds me close, somehow knowing that’s everything I need right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'll stay stuck.
So here I am.


quinn's outfit