‹ Prequel: Hello Fascination
Sequel: Lousy Truth
Status: G'night and goodbye.

Just Like You

Dix-Neuf.

Warm wet something hits my cheek and I turn slowly to my side, my spine stiff and ridged. I prepare my evil eye and all I get is a burst of giggles. John from the Summer Set goes running off with a Super Soaker banging his side. Brian comes running by with two big ones and I catch up to him.

“Let's take him down!” I grab the offered water gun as we begin to corner John in the back of the bus area. We weave in and out as John tries to lose us. Helpful, laughing band members and friends help point us in the right way.

We finally get him blocked in by two vans and I grin evilly as I walk over to John. Brian and I exchange looks before immediately firing on john. He whines and moans, futility holding his water gun up to protect his hair. We empty our guns on him while laughing.

And then more wetness hits my back. I turn around and see Nichols running away, yet another water gun in his hand. It's only a little pistol, but after giving Brian his empty one back, I grab John's and race after the retreating Brit. I see his bus door close quickly and I run up to it, climbing up to soak him. I open fire while laughing manically.

When this gun is empty, I lower it with a smirk. My smirk quickly disappears as Oli holds his wet shirt out from in front of him. He slowly looks up, an evil glint in his eyes.

“Never woulda peg ya for the feisty type, love,” he says before catching me up in his arms. He hugs me tight, the water from his shirt making my dress get wet. He holds me tight as I try to wriggle out of his grasp.

I complain and whine as he laughs at my discomfort. When I stop fighting, he kisses my cheek, the the corner of my lips.

I turn my head a little and capture his lips, heat immediately flooding through me. He pulls me closer to him until our bodies are molded together. His hand moves from my back to run along my side as my hands, once trying to push against him, curl around his shirt so he won't get away.

“Hide me! Quinn's gonna – “ Nichols voice stops when the door closes. He groans as Oli pulls away a little. “Couldn't you have just soaked me? Why go after my retinas?!”

I giggle a little before kissing Oli's cheek. He gives me a hot look, promising he'll finish what we started later. I pull away from Oli to punch Nichols in the stomach. The air comes whooshing out of him as I berate him for picking on girls and being an overall bully.

When he recovers, he looks at his water pistol and looks back up at me.

“Don't do it – “ I barely am able to get the words out before the water hits my face. I gape at him, totally surprised he actually did it. He giggles like a little child until oli comes over with a big bowl and dumps the water in it over Nichol's head.

“Don't mess with my girl, you daft git.” There's a playfully evil glint back in his eyes and I giggle. Nichols sputters as the water continues to drop down his face. Oli takes my discarded Super Soaker and goes to fill it. Nichols hakes his chance and runs away quickly. Oli then produces another water gun from the back room and fills it up too. He hands John's back to me as he takes the more impressive one for himself.

“Hitlist?”

I think for a second and grin. “David, Cass, Brian, and Paul. Definitely Paul. Aim for his hair.”

“Oh, you're fucking cruel.” Oli sends a smoldering look my way, enough to curl my toes in anticipation. He winks and we leave the bus. I dunk into shadows and peek around corners as we near the venue, having fun with myself. I head for the Bbycakes tent and find Paul standing behind the table, idly chatting with his girlfriend. I hide the gun behind my back and walk over.

“What's up Qu – “ I hit him directly in the face, leaving him sputtering as I proceed to soak his hair. The once teased, moussed, and sprayed hair lies flat against his head, dark scary eyes staring out f the black hair.

“This means war!” I blow him a kiss and a wink to his girlfriend, who's cracking up at Paul's hair. Oli's wiating outside the tent, laughing as Paul continues to yell at me. Oli catches me up in a quick kiss. It makes every nerve ending stand to attention and it's over far too quick.

We run around the venue, hitting friends and acquaintances as we go. We refill whenever we can and run from avenging friends.

When it comes to be time for my set, I get to the stage just on time and I barely remember to leave my water gun side stage. I start the show quickly, vamped up from running around and laughing all day.

I look down at my sodden boots and sigh. I loved these boots and now it's time to say goodbye to them.

“I'd like to dedicate this next some to my boots...” The intro to Boots and Boys starts. Dancing around n stage, I don't notice the activity going on sidestage. Half way into the song, Oli, Nichols, paul, David, John, Brian, Cass, and Jess come out in full force with massive water guns. They all soak me in the center of the stage. When I'm nothing more than a dripping puddle on stage, they turn the water guns onto m screaming crowd.

They walk off with their empty guns, laughing and clapping each other on the back. I run off stage for a second and pull Oli into a kiss. He grins as I grab a towel before he shoves me back n stage. I pick up my thankfully water proof microphone and begin to towl off my hair.

“Well that was unexpected... I can't even remember where I was interrupted... So how about we just start my last song, huh?” I launch into the song, thinking about Oli and my revenge scheme the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
let's recap, let's get caught up