‹ Prequel: Hello Fascination
Sequel: Lousy Truth
Status: G'night and goodbye.

Just Like You

Six.

The next week passes quickly. Every morning, David’s waiting for me outside my bus. I’ve tried to tell him he can come in, but he insists on waiting outside.

We eat together and find out our set times. For some reason, we’ve been playing around the same time everyday. We spend the time before our sets walking around and talking. It’s been fun.

After our sets, we meet up for an hour before we’re called to our booths for a signing. When we meet up again, David kisses me before we spend the rest of the day together. His kiss is the same lackluster, gentle kiss and he still protests when I try to turn the heat up.

Of everything wrong with this little ‘relationship’ it’s our lack of chemistry. I feel like after Oli, I’m just never going to find another guy who can kiss me the way I want it.

I haven’t seen Oli all week, but everyday we talk trash about each other on stage. It’s become a staple of my set.

“Hey space cadet, where are you?” David smiles at me as I blink back into reality. I smile back and shrug. It’s become obvious over the past couple of days that David’s taking this more serious than I am.

I couldn’t help but notice that he calls me his girlfriend when I refuse to call him my boyfriend.

We stop walking by my bus and David kisses my cheek. My mind flashes to Oli’s kiss and I shove it out. I give David a quick hug goodbye before heading inside.

Emily and Kayla grab me and drag me back to the back lounge. They plunk me down on the couch and stand over me with their arms crosses and a pissed off expression.

“This isn’t healthy,” Emily starts and Kayla nods, “spending all your time with one guy and never seeing us except at night and during our set.”

“We’ve been watching you with David. It’s obvious that you’re a little uncomfortable with him,” Kayla adds and Emily quickly agrees.

“And that’s why we’re going to a club tonight, just us girls, and we’re gonna get wasted,” Emily says with a smile.

“You and David are obviously on a fast track to a broken heart, his,” Kayla points out and I look down at my hands, “so just figure fuck him tonight and let’s hook up with some local boys tonight.”

I think it over for a second. I don’t have much of a chance of escaping them and I find I don’t really want to escape. It sounds like fun, more fun than I’ve been having all week.

“Okay.”

“I really think you should come out! It’s gonna be a- wait what’d you say?” Emily stops her convincing and looks at me. I laugh and smile.

“Okay, let’s go right now.” My two best friends look me over for a second and then shake their heads. “After I get changed?”

“Sounds like a plan,” they say and I notice that they’re already dressed for a club. They head out to the front to call a taxi while I get ready.

Pulling on some black tights, I grab a metallic blue dress that hits just a little higher than mid-thigh. The stretchy material conforms to my shape, hugging every curve. I slip my feet into some black gladiator sandals. I put on a couple of funky rings and a plastic yellow necklace that says ‘Scene Queen.’ With a little mascara, some blue eyeliner, and a swipe of clear lip-gloss, I’m ready.

Heading over to the cab outside the gates, Ace quickly joins us. Emily protests a little, but when she sees how happy Kayla is, she drops it with a little grumbling.

We pile into the taxi and Kayla gives the address to a club she says she heard about earlier from a local. The radio’s playing my single and I grin. I sing along during the chorus and the taxi driver looks back at me, surprised.

“You sound just like Quinn!” he says happily. I chuckle and tell him my name. He proceeds to freak out and talk about how much his daughter loves me and could I sign something because his daughter is never gonna believe he drove around Quinn!

At the club, my friends get out as the taxi driver hands me a napkin and a Sharpie. I personalize the signature and smile as the taxi driver leaves, telling me not to bother to try and pay.

My friends have jumped the line and are waiting for me. I smile at the tall, muscular bouncer. He recognizes me and lets us in without hesitation.

Kayla and Ace disappear into the dance floor as Emily and I head for the bar. Emily gets her Apple Martini and I get my straight whiskey.

“That’s a strong drink for a little girl like you,” the bartender says and I smile at him over the rim of my cup, downing half of it.

“I’m a strong little girl,” I tell him with a smirk before turning around. A guy quickly comes up to me, smiling with lust in his eyes. I toss my hair over my shoulder and tell Emily I’ll catch her later.

Our hands connected and raised over the crowd, the guy and I make our way to the middle of the dance floor. I move my hips along to the beat and flash flirty looks at the guy. He grins as he puts is hands on my moving hips. My back to his chest, I continue to dance, having fun and taking sips of my drink. The guy’s lips find my neck and I smile, thinking of Oli. His hands run up and down my sides, his hips moving in time with mine.

I catch a flash of familiar brown eyes looking at us before I turn around. I wrap an arm around the guy's shoulders and grind a little. He leans down to kiss me when someone taps his shoulder.

We both look and my eyes widen.

“Back off man, she’s got a boyfriend,” Oli says to the guy and the guy scoffs, obviously thinking that Oli’s lying.

“No girl with a boyfriend dances like that with a stranger,” the guy challenges. I see in Oli’s eyes that he’s well and ready to punch this guy. I drop my hands from the guy and move past him to pull Oli away. At the edge of the dance floor, I just look up at him and shake my head.

“Every time I wanna dance with a cute guy, you seem to want to fight with him,” my tone’s teasing and my smile friendly. Seeing him is filling me with happiness and I’m trying to figure out a way for his lips to find mine again.

“Well, you’re just going to have to dance with me only from now on, I guess,” his smile is dangerous and I shiver a little, thinking about those lips. He puts his hands on my butt and pulls me close. I start moving my hips to the beat of the pop song and he groans a little.

“You’re like a fucking drug to me,” he says into my ear as he moves us closer, our bodies fitting together perfectly. He leans a little more to suck on my neck and my arms go around his neck. My legs have gone boneless and I lean into him to support myself. He takes a couple steps backwards and I see we’re in the back of the club and it’s dimly lit.

He pressed me up against a wall, lifting me up so he doesn’t have to keep bending. His lips find mine and everything I’ve been looking for with David happens. Oli’s passion encompasses me as I open my mouth a little. He takes advantage of that and holds me even closer. With one arm still around his neck, my other hand fingers the edge of his soft shirt.

With a fierce groan, he moves back to my neck as his knee finds it way between my legs. My leg wraps around his, pulling him closer still as he returns to recapture my lips. My hand moves higher under his shirt, exploring the hot flesh of his abdomen.

He pulls away, his eyes intent on mine. “What are you doing to me?” he breathlessly says.

“What are you doing to me?” I answer and he gives me a lopsided smile.

“I’m taking you away from that arse Schmitt,” he doesn’t get to say anything more because my lips seek his out and we fall back into that pool of passion that surrounds us.

Coming up for air a few minutes later, I giggle at Oli. He looks at me confused while I start leading him back to the bar.

“But I want to stay back there,” he protests a little while I order more drinks. I look up at him, laughing a little. I reach my hand up to touch his cheek.

“I’m not that kind of girl,” he pouts and I grin. I lean up to kiss away that pout. Pulling away to grab my drink, Oli chuckles and shakes his head.

“What am I going to do with you?” he muses aloud.

“You’re gonna dance and drink with me tonight,” I tell him as he grabs the beer I ordered for him.

“And tomorrow?”

“Let’s just think about tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Quinn's outfit