‹ Prequel: Hello Fascination
Sequel: Lousy Truth
Status: G'night and goodbye.

Just Like You

Huit.

I finally make it to the catering tent and get some food in my system. Finishing off half of a Tofurky sandwich in record time, things start to look up a little bit. Someone left a schedule on the table and I see I'm going on next. As I scan the rest of the set times, a body slides into the seat next to me. I look up at Oli and he gives me a cocky smirk. The two other seats fill with his band mates.

“Lee and Nichols,” Oli grunts before diving into the food. His friends nod at me before starting to eat quickly, like it was going to be taken away if they didn't eat it fast enough. I watch them with raised eyebrows before starting to slowly eat. Oli looks at me and rolls his eyes.

“Hurry up,” he instructs as he pushes his cleared plate away. I look at the plate with concern. No way eating that much food that fast was healthy. “Come on, hurry up!”

“I've lost my appetite,” I say as I push my own plate away. He growls and pushes it back. There's still half of my sandwich on it and some chips.

“You need to eat or you'll pass out in this heat,” he says with deeply veiled concern. I smile just a little as I pick up my sandwich and resume eating.

“I'll be right back,” he says before running off for something. One of the two looks up from their plates with a laugh.

“Oli's like the band's mother when it comes to eating right. Like a gruff, very butch mother who will kick your ass,” he chuckles and the other one agrees.

“I'm Nichols by the way,” he says as he shovels one last bite into his mouth. Oli comes back with four water bottles and plunks them down on the table.

“You're still not done?!”

“Well excuse me for not being a vacuum!” I say indigently before taking a big bite of my sandwich. He rolls his eyes and sits back down. I finish two minutes later and Oli quickly pulls me away. We leave the others behind as he looks around for something. He pulls me through the crowd, our hands interlocked. I smile a little to myself, deciding I like the way his hand feels in mine.

Finding what he was looking for, he pulls us over and pushes me against a wall. His lips meet mine and I'm surprised for a second before responding. My fingers intertwine in his hair, pulling him closer as his fingers grip tight on my hips. My purple beanie falls off my head as our kiss continues to heat up.

If David's kiss set off nothing in me, Oli's kisses set off everything. Every fiber of my being is calling out for more as mainlines of hot energy spark through my body. His lips move from mine to my neck, kissing and sucking the exposed skin.

“No more hickies...I didn't know how to explain the last one,” I say breathlessly. He chuckles, his hot breath rolling over my heated skin. His lips move up to below my ear. He nips and sucks until I know there's going to be a bruise, but I don't care because it just feels so good.

He pulls away for a second, just looking at me. I lick my swollen lips and look up at him with lust in my eyes. He smirks before pulling in for another long kiss.

An annoying chirping noise sounds from close of us and Oli pulls away, disgruntled and annoyed. He pulls out a cell phone and answers it sharply. He and the person on the other side talk quickly before Oli hangs up. He looks at me and sighs.

“You're on in ten minutes,” he says, obviously disappointed. I giggle and lean up to kiss him cheek. I take his hand and hurry through the crowds for my stage. His thumb rubs the back of my hand as we race over. Ten feet away, his hand drops from mine. I look over at him, confused.

“I’ll be up in a second,” he says before just turning around. Upset, I go up the stairs. My band descends around me, questioning me and wondering where I was. I shrug and start warming up. Two minutes later, Oli comes up with Lee, the two of them talking about something.

With a disgusted grunt, Lee walks over and hands me a bottle of water. “You forgot this,” he says gruffly before heading back over to Oli. “Why could you do that yourself?” Lee’s words float back to me and I bite my bottom lip.

I hate having dirty little secrets. And even if Oli wants to keep this under wraps, it’s not going to last. David’s probably already told everyone.

A staffer waves us on stage and I bounce up and down in place as Kiss N Tell starts. I go out on stage, singing.

I look over and see Oli standing there, smiling a little as he watches me. I wink at him and continue with my set. The next two songs continue without a hitch and the crowd loves me.

“Coming out cha mouth with blah, blah, blah, zip your lips like a padlock and meet me in the back with the Jack and the jukebox,” I start off another song and a mischievous idea enters my head. I walk off stage and pull a reluctant Oli to the middle of the stage. My band is sending me confused looks, although nothing compared to the confusion on Oli’s face.

“Listen hot stuff, I’m in love with this song, so just touch baby shut up, heard enough,” I dance against him, pulling him close before spinning away and continuing with my song. He chuckles as he watches me. I go over to him and press my back to his chest. His hands settle on my hips as I move and sing to my song.

I stop singing to turn around and smile at Oli as Ace takes over 3oh!3’s part. He chuckles again and goes in for a kiss, but I turn my cheek as I start singing again.

The song wraps up and I smile and wave goodbye to my crowd. They scream and try to reach me, but Oli grabs me and his lips hungrily meet mine. The crowd screams again as our kiss heats up.

When he lets go, I chuckle and peck him on the cheek. We exit the stage and my band stops me. Emily looks at the arm Oli had casually draped across my shoulders and looks even more confused.

“What the hell? When did this happen?” she asks, completely dumbfounded. I grin wickedly, but I don’t get a chance to say anything before Oli pulls me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]

I Want A Love Like This
for a deeper story about two kids finding their place in the world together.