Status: in the making

Daylight

The Plan

Tanya and I laid in bed and talked for hours after that. She rested her head on my chest, her fingers lightly tracing my arm, soft as a feather. I had my arm around her, holding her close.
"So, any new boyfriends?" I asked while stroking her hair.
"Yeah, but he's kind of sensitive. Gets me whatever I like. It's boring somethimes." she saids sighing.
I chuckled.
"What's his name?" I asked. I could've just read her mind, but I wanted to hear it from her.
"Jack Randolph." her mind bubbled up with happy thoughts of them together.
"And you sleep with me," I chuckled again.
"Both you and I know sleeping with a human and sleeping with another vampire is completely different."
I laughed. Tanya really did like him.
"Well, what about you? Any new girl friends?" she asked defensively.
My smile dissapeared and something inside of me roared with hunger.
She laughed, "I can tell you need to go hunt."
I faked a laugh, "Yeah..."
That stupid chocolate girl.
I growled and clenched my teeth.
"What?" Tanya asked.
I sighed and closed my eyes. "There is one girl, but I don't like her. WE aren't dating or anything, but there's something about her." I paused, wondering if I could tell her. Her mind was full of questions. "Have you ever smelt a human so...sweet, you can barely restrain yourself? So sweet, your mind gets so cloued, you don't know whats wrong and whats right? So sweet, you don't care aboutyour morals, all you want is that person's blood?"
Tanya thought, and pictures ran quickly through her mind. I saw every person, every boyfriend she had ever gotten close enough to smell.
"No, I don't think so." she said after a while. I nodded and pulled my hands behind my head.
"Well thats how she is for me, and I don't know what to do." I hesitated, wanting to tell her how I couldn't hear the chocolate girl.
Tanya sensed my hesitation and nudged me a little.
"I can't hear her," I said finally. Tanya stayed silent. Her thoughts swirled around, slowly forming around the idea that something was wrong with /me/.
I hugged, sat up quickly and got out of bed. Tanya's thoughts clouded over with saddness and propped herself up on her elbow.
"What?" she asked, pouting.
I growled and yanked my boxers on. They ripped. I yelled incoherently and sped to my duffel bag. I toook my spare boxers out of there and pulled those on. I was digging through my bag, tanya had sat up now, holding the sheet up to her breasts. She was confused, but I wasn't about to explain.
"Hey, Ed, come on. Let's go hunting or something. Get your mind off of it."
I spun around and bared my teeth. She opened her mouth to say something, but my phone rang, interrupting her. I turned back around, dug through my bag, and flipped the top open.
"Hello?" I snapped.
"Woahhhh, buddy!" Em laughed. I growled again. "I woulda thought you'd be feeling better. What? Is Tanya not putting out enough? I could go down there and slap her around a bit."
"No, its not her," I growled. Her thoughts were annoyed and embarrassed. She heard him. Great.
"What is it then? Why'd you leave?"
"It's nothing, I just needed to get away for awhile."
Em sounded dissapointed. "How long is a wihle? I miss my little bro!"
I smirked, "You know, technically I'm older than you."
"Whatever."
"Hey, listen, I'll be home soon. A couple of weeks at the most, okay? And I'll tell you what's going down once I get back." I told him. He still seemed dissapointed, but he answered anyway.
"Okay, you'll tell Jazz too, right?"
"Of course, now, I have to go."
"Okay, later," He said and hung up.
I sighed and put my phone away. What the hell am I going to do? I ran my fingers through my hair, Tanyas throughts still clouded over with confusion.
"Hey," she said softly, "Legs to hunting, okay?"
I nodded, and pulled a sweatshirt over my head.