The Disneyland Chronicles: Volume I: Tomorrowland

Chapter One: Welcome to Tomorrowland

The Astro Orbiter came into view as the Hinson’s walked toward Tomorrowland. The glaced at the Tomorrowland sign and that’s when it happened. Caroline glared up at the sign and continued to walk forward when all of a sudden she ran into someone.

“Hey watch where you’re going! Shouldn’t you bee rushing toward your ship?” he asked running by in a space suit and a bag in hand. Caroline was confused until she got a good look at where exactly she was. It was as if she was transported into a science fiction movie. Space ships were lined up, some taking off, people were everywhere directing the ships and getting into them. All the ships had the same design on the outside, telling other ships they came from the same base. Things were buzzing and it seemed as if something important was happening.

“Hey! Hurry up!” yelled the guy she had just ran into. He was climbing aboard one of the space ships and was waving toward her. Caroline just looked around her and ran over to him.

“Look I know you’re new but you have to hurry up or we’ll miss all the action,” he said. Caroline was still hesitant. Noticing her stiff posture he took it for nerves and grabbed her arm and dragged her with him on to the ship.

“So what is your job? I’m a navigator. Name’s Parker, Travis Parker,” he said, “say what’s with the strange outfit, like vintage or something?”

“Er, sorry what exactly are we doing?” she asked as she pulled her arm from Parker’s grasp and continued to follow him. She couldn't help but wonder if he ever stopped talking.

“Oh you weren’t told? Well the Sixth Base is attacking, again, so we are going into space, again, and we are going to try and destroy their power which will destroy them forever, hopefully,” he said.

“Where are the other five?” Parker stopped and looked at her with a bewildered expression.

“You really are new,” he said with a chuckle before walking on, “in total there were six evil ships, but one destroyed the others and formed a super evil group, and that is what we are up against.”

“Okay,” she said slowly leting it all sink in..

“You can’t go into space like that. In here,” he said pushing Caroline into a room. He pulled out a short sleeve shirt that had a intricate design on it that matched the one on the outside of the ship, some dark tight pants, and heavy boots.

“What’s wrong with what I am wearing?” asked Caroline looking at her shorts and t-shirt.

“Funny. Now hurry we’re late enough as it is,” he said turning around so his back was to her. She sighed and stripped her old clothes and put on the new ones. He poked Parker when she was finished.

“Let’s go then,” said Caroline. Parker nodded and they ran to the flight deck.

“Parker, where have you been? Who is the girl?” asked a man in his early thirties with dark hair. If Caroline had to guess, he would be the captain.

“Sorry she’s new had to show her here,” he said.

“And you are?” he asked again.

“Caroline Hinson, sir,” she said shifting on her feet.

“You’re not on my crew list,” he said.

“Captain we are in warp speed,” announced another man in the back. He was wearing a hat and goggles so you couldn’t see his face.

“Parker get to your station, Hinson you’re in charge of communications,” he said pointing the station behind him. It was dead there, only one machine was running. Caroline sat down in the chair and put the head phones on her ears. Nothing; not one thing could be heard.

“Where’s Shiva?” asked the Captain.

“Where ever you left her, Norton,” commented Parker.

“Grow up, Parker,” answered a female voice walking in. She took her station at the defence and stared at Caroline.

“All right everyone, our missions is simple, find and destroy he energy source for the Sixth Base, any questions?” asked Captain Norton.

“Yea, who’s the new girl?” asked Shiva.

“Caroline Hinson, she will be in charge of communications. Hinson this is Stella Shiva, over on warp is Walker, not his real name but that is what his goggles say on the side, we don’t know his real name,” introduced Norton.

“Coming out of warp,” said Walker.

“Shiva, be on the look out. Hinson tell us if we get any orders,” yelled the Captain.

“Yes, Captain!” responded Shiva and Caroline found herself saying it as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now begins my new story. I will make my way around Disneyland Park, each area being a new volume. I don't know how the lengths of these volumes will be but bare with me. I just started on quite a large project.

Please continue to read later chapters and comments are appreciated.

-Charlotte