The Disneyland Chronicles: Volume I: Tomorrowland

Chapter Two: Caught

A large pyramid shaped star ship came into view. When looked at it just the right way the number six can be seen on the side. If you didn’t know an evil lord was captain of it you would think it was just a big hunk of metal floating in space; a very big hunk of metal.

The ship Caroline and the rest of the crew were on fell in line with all the other ships from the same base. The design noticeable on the exteriors of the other ships.

Norton walked over to Caroline at the communications station and pushed a button next to a microphone.

“This is Captain Norton of The Mode, we are ready for ambush,” he announced.

“Norton you will lead the attack. Find an opening, we are sending you the files for the structure,” announced another base captain. Caroline saw a button light up and she pushed it. Blue prints appeared on her screen and Norton studied them for but a minute before turning around.

“Walker, bring us in. Shiva, be ready on the trigger. Parker, lead us through,” he said, “Hinson, alert the ships.”

“Okay,” she pushed the button next to the microphone and spoke clearly, “The Mode is going in.”

The ship moved forward and got closer towards the Sixth Base. They fired lasers towards The Mode but Walker expertly guided around them and picked up the speed as they flew along the surface. An opening came up and they stealthily flew in and toward the core.

“At the core you should fly straight down and it will lead to the bottom of the ship where the power is coming from,” guided Parker. Walker followed the instructions and soon they could see a green floating orb. It looked like a giant crystal.

“Shiva, open fire,” said Norton. She pulled the trigger and larger lasers fired at the orb. Nothing happened. The lasers went right through the orb and hit the wall behind it and left a small scorch mark.

“Cease fire,” said Norton on alert.

“Something is not right,” said Parker. Everything was silent. Caroline had the head phones still on when a high frequency went through them and she jumped back and threw the headphones off.

“We’re under attack!” yelled Norton recognizing the attack strategies that were common for the Sixth Base. They would cause all frequencies to go hay wire which made all the ships equipment shut down. The ship would then become a piñata and the prize would be the new prisoners. Most of the ships had a shield against this attack but recently The Mode had been in battle and the shield fell down. Norton was too attached to this ship to let it go.

The ship fell to the floor and the crew inside fell to the floor of the ship. It then began to rock with blasts from outside weapons. The crew was able to get on their feet long enough to grab weapons and leave the deck before being shoved into the wall from another blast.

“That’s going to leave a bruise,” commented Parker as they continued on.

“Follow me, when nothing happens the other ships will be in for back up, but we have to hold on till then,” said the captain. They ran out and headed toward the middle of the ship, it was a small hallway that had only one entrance area. They stopped in that hallway and were on guard facing the way they had just come.

“How long till they are aboard?” asked Parker.

“I’d say five to ten minutes,” said Shiva.

“Hinson, you’re bleeding,” said Walker. Caroline reached up and felt blood coming out of both ears.

“I’m fine,” she said wiping the blood on her hands off on her pants.

“Be care,” said Norton. They remained silent and waited. The ship took more hits and soon they heard the opening of the door. At that same time the other ships began to attack the Sixth Base but it was too late. The Sixth Soldiers had already boarded and were headed down the hallway they were in.

“Get ready!” yelled Parker thoroughly excited. The clanking of boots on the metal flooring grew louder and the crew had their guns at the ready. Caroline was very lost at how to work the weapon but she understood that you have to have the safety off and pull the trigger.

The Soldiers appeared and they all took open fire at the captain’s orders. The attempt was in vain, however. They were but five people while there was probably fifty times that number of Sixth Soldiers. The Soldiers made their way through and grabbed a hold of the guns. It became a hand on hand combat battle and Caroline was the first to lose, followed by Parker.

The Soldiers led the crew down the corridor with their hands secured behind their backs. They held their heads high as they were shoved roughly into one cell and the heavy metal door was slammed shut.

“Now what?” asked Shiva.

“We wait for the rest of Base to come with back up. This is it. The beginning of what is hopefully the final battle between us and the Sixth Base. We’ve done our part,” said Norton.

“And failed,” muttered Parker. Everyone looked at him and he gave a nervous smile.

“But we are on the inside and that was a position we needed,” said Norton glancing outside through the small window on the door.

“Right, I’m sure they wanted a hostage situation,” said Shiva rolling her eyes.

“In the meantime, rest, you will all need it. Hinson clean you ears,” said Norton tossing Caroline a rag he had in his pocket. She dabbed the fabric on her ears and rubbed until she was sure all the blood was gone.

“This cell is too small for all of us to sleep in,” said Parker complaining while trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Everyone ignored him and manage to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Caroline was not all that comfortable being by the door but did not argue. Slowly she closed her eyes and fell asleep; finding this whole situation to be very bizarre.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I managed to skip the real chapter two when I posted before, but it is all fixed now. Sorry about that.

If you wish to know I'm basing Shiva off of Uhura from Star Trek, the Zoe one though because she seemed to have a bit more sass than Nichols (not that she wasn't amazing). The other characters I'm not really basing off on anybody just people in my head.

Thank you for reading, comments are appreciated.

-Charlotte