One for the Kill, Two for the Thrill

Two for the Thrill

Ali went to her room and stripped to nothing before stepping before her mirror. She was a beautiful woman. There was no reason for her to deny it. Her hair was long and black as midnight. Humans had even accused her of coloring it to find that result, but she could attest it was natural. She had been born in an age before coloring one’s hair was done. So there was no chance of that. If only they knew that. She rather enjoyed them no knowing though. It made the kill all the more exhilarating that way. Her steps led her away from the mirror and to the wash basin. Water streamed from the porcelain faucet and into the ornate shell that served as the bowl. She had already licked all the blood away from her lips, but it would be pointless to try and get the rest and she refused to ruin her clothes to rid herself of the blood of a noble’s dead lover. Byron should have known better than to try and play her for a fool. It would be his last mistake if he tried such a thing again.

When the knock came announcing Darius’s arrival, she didn’t even bother to grab a robe. Instead, she called for him to enter. Darius came inside and closed the door behind him. Ali hesitated a moment before turning and standing to face her captain of the guards. Her eyes surveyed him with pleasure. He was a tall man and graceful even for one of his size. His shoulders were broad and every muscle was well toned and defined. His dark hair was sleek and well-kept just like every other aspect of his being. Even his eyes were coal black giving him the aura of danger. Something that she knew was well earned. She had met Darius when he was still a human. In fact, she had been the one to change him. It had been on a muddy road, on a raining night in the German states. She had been attacked by vampire hunters when he had come and saved her. She had watched as he had dispatched of every last one of them with a cool efficiency that had made her watch in awe. A man like Darius was born to be a vampire. That was why when she had been forced to take her blood to survive, she had turned him instead of killing him as was her usual custom.

She was pleased that his own eyes were riveted on her nude body. He started from the bottom. Pale feet that looked like a dancers and then up long, slim, fit legs that made a man think of having them wrapped around him as he pounded into her over and over. Up to the junction of her legs that was covered with tight dark curls and then the flat stomach that would never be rounded or burdened with a child. Her pale arms were crossed over her stomach emphasizing the next feast for his eyes. Firm, round breasts. The perfect size for a man to take in his hand and squeeze. Dark nipples teased him demanding that he take them in his mouth. Then there was the pale expanse of his neck that called to him too demanding that he take her blood even as he joined with her. Full, red lips were curved in a self-satisfied smirk, lips that he wanted wrapped around his cock. A pert nose of a proud woman who rightfully looked down on all those around her. Then those rich dark eyes that demanded attention and smoldered with desire. Finally came her raven black hair that curled around her and pleaded for him to sink his fingers into it.

“I have chosen my king,” her sultry voice purred jerking his mind from their wanderings. The familiar jealous acceptance settled in his stomach at her announcement. It happened every time. It infuriated him every time. But he had made a vow from the moment when he had first woken up a vampire in her court and learned of her world, he would not be her lover until he could remain at her side forever as her king.

“As you will your majesty,” he said with his usual emotionless tone. “Who shall be made ready for the ceremony?” he asked. He imagined himself, as he had many times before, ripping off the cock of the chosen man and shoving it down the man’s throat before gouging the offenders eyes and throwing him to the rabid dogs that lay in way outside of the castle for those sentenced to death for treason. The image was enough to give him some peace for a little time.

“You.”

The word took him by surprise. He was almost certain that he had heard wrong. After all, it was law that she choose a human male as her mate until the time of his death. Then she would wait a hundred years before taking another king. So why had he thought her heard her say you? He had to be mistaken. His fantasy could never be a reality.

“I want you Darius. And I will have you for my king”

Whatever vision or fantasy it was, he would take it. Be it a dream or reality. He had desired this. “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to hear those words,” he growled softly his feet gliding forward until he stood before her. “Tell me my queen, what do you want me to do for you? Ask and it shall be granted,” he whispered in her ear as one arm wrapped around her and his other guided her leg to wrap around him.

Alexandra caught his face in both of her hands and kissed him deeply. Her tongue slid across hi lips begging entrance. His lips parted and her tongue slid inside to do battle with his. “Make love to me Darius,” she whispered huskily in his ear. “Make love to me. Take my blood and damn the consequences.”

He was honored to follow her order. They could deal with the dissenters like Byron come the next evening. Now, he would show Alexandra how much he had worshiped her and she would show him just what it meant to be her king.