Caitlin's Trip

Chicago Life

I wake up the next morning spooned in Jimmy's arms and a police officer knocking at the window. Jimmy comes to and rolls down his window.
"Were we speeding?" Jimmy asks trying to be comical.
"Funny," the officer says apparently un-amused.
"So what's the problem?" I ask impatiently.
"Did you two stop at Bingo's Gas'n'Go yesterday?"
"Yeah." I say cautiously.
"Well apparently the owner was attacked with a pipe."
"Did he also tell you he tried to rape her?" Jimmy says angrily.
"No, he uh failed to mention that."
"And if we were crooks don't you think we would've emptied out the cash register?" Jimmy adds on impatiently.
"Yes well..." Jimmy cuts the officer off.
"Next time you decide to start accusing people, why don't try doing a bit of police work before hand."
"I will." The police officer says stepping away from the car.
"Nice job." I say looking at Jimmy amazed.
"What?"
"You're really intelligent, you know that?"
"That's not what my teachers said, if I showed up to class at all." I laugh.

***

We drive into Chicago.
"Is this our final destination?" I ask looking out the window as we drive through the streets.
"I don't know." He says looking around and parks in front of a club.
"Oh, my type of people" I say as we walk inside and see a bunch of musicians practicing or tuning their instruments.
"Yeah." He says looking around. "Youth hostel of sorts."
"Youth hostel?" I ask quizzically.
"These places don't close, there are always people here."
"Home" I say giggling.
"Meh, not for long." He says shrugging.

Later that evening I meet up with the owner and he tells me about his club.
"Oh well, I figure it's better for run-aways to be here then sleeping on the street. I mean I'm not a Saint, I let them go around fucking each other, smoke joints whatever."
"So what are you saying?" I ask as I take a sip from my beer.
"I'm saying, I'll give anyone who's willing to work a job and it's better than sleeping on the god damn street and I can watch over people, make sure they don't end up killing each other."
"Okay" I say quietly. Jimmy walks up behind me and starts grinding against me.
"I feel like fucking you." he whispers.
"Are you stoned?"
"Maybe."
"Okay." I say as he pulls me onto the floor and starts grind dancing with me, the live music booming in the background. I laugh at how vigorously he's going at dancing, and take a swig from my beer. He takes my hand and pours some beer down his throat.
"Want another beer?" he asks as his crotch grinds against my thigh.
"No more money."
"Then we'll have to find something else to do." He smirks evilly as he pulls me toward the stairs.
"Where are we going?" I say laughing.
"Up." He says leading me up the stairs and into a room with only a dingy sofa in the corner.

Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright.

"New guy got lucky!" I hear an obnoxious voice yell, waking me up. I open my eyes and I'm spooned in Jimmy's arms lying on the sofa and there's a teenage guy standing at the door.
"Get the fuck out of here." Jimmy says still groggy.
"Will do, you lucky S.O.B." the obnoxious guy says as he shuts the door.
"Do you know him?" I ask pulling on my shirt.
"Uh, he gave me some heroine yesterday." Jimmy says rubbing his head.
"You do heroine?" I ask looking at him.
"No, yesterday I tried it for the first time." He says shrugging his shoulders. "Pretty nice affect."
"Meh, not too crazy about syringes." I say as I lie back next to him.
"I figured."