Status: Complete

You Ought to Smile More

We Might Have A Problem

“What did I do?” I asked narrowing my eyes at him. The Joker sneered before harshly grabbing my chin with his hand and forcing me to stare into his chocolate eyes.

“Everything. You did everything,” he growled before releasing my jaw and leaning back a little to sit on my waist. I brought myself up to rest on my elbows and look at him again.

“Anything specific?” I spat feeling my good mood escaping me. What the hell did I do to be treated this way? The Joker and I were finally beginning to get along. I should have known that it wouldn’t last long. This is a serial killer we’re talking about…

“Things like that!” he hissed.

“Asking a question?!”

“Being a smart ass!”

“Well maybe if you explained better, I wouldn’t have to ask!”

“I don’t need to explain myself to you!”

“Well—“ I was cut off when The Joker smashed our lips together. He leaned down and grabbed the back of my head to hold me against him. Once the initial shock wore off, I closed my eyes thinking about the kiss we shared before in the hidden room at the other base.

The Joker slowly pulled away and looked at me again. I didn’t know what to say and it looked like he didn’t either. Instead he pushed me down again and brought our lips back together.

This time I wrapped my arms around his neck while his hands went down to my waist. My lips tingled feeling his move against mine. I ignored the fact that my face was probably covered in his face paint and just enjoyed the kiss.

“Joker…” I whispered against his lips. The Joker’s eyes flew up and he jumped away from me like I burned him. I watched him in confusion as he ran a hand through his hair and practically ran out of the room slamming the door behind me. I was left feeling cold and empty.

After a few minutes, I got up and walked into his bathroom to clean my face before going downstairs to find Doc or Grumpy.

Doc was sitting on the couch like usual and I took my seat next to him. It was completely silent before I decided to finally ask him what I wanted to know for a while now.

“Where did The Joker go?”

“Business.” The answer was short and sweet, but I knew The Joker had already finished his business for the day and was just avoiding me now. Why would he kiss me and then avoid me?

I forced myself to stop thinking about the kiss and focused on anything but it, and that just happened to be the TV Doc was watching. Sitting around in the house all day watching TV was slowly driving me crazy. I want to go out… fresh air sounds really good right now.

I left Doc and went outside onto one of the balconies that the apartment building we were staying in had. I sat down on an old chair and closed my eyes.

“Cabin fever?” my eyes snapped open and I turned to see Happy smoking a cigarette.

“You could call it that…” Happy took one more huff before dropping the cancer stick and stepping on it.

“I thought Boss would be here to entertain you today.”

“He was, but he left,” I mumbled feeling uncomfortable around the henchman.

“Why? We don’t have anything planned today. Did you two get in a fight?”

“That’s none of your business!” I snapped feeling irritated with his interrogation. Happy raised his eyebrows and smiled widely. I cringed and looked around us instead.

Being an older apartment building, there were the iron stairs connecting each of the balconies. The fire escape stairs that you see in the black and white movies.

“So what caused the fight?” he asked pressing for answers. Seriously! What's his deal?!

“I don’t want to talk about it. I’m going back inside,” I grumbled standing up, but Happy stopped me by grabbing my arm and pulling me back towards him.

“What the hell? Let go of me!” I demanded and tried to yank my arm back, but his grip rivaled that of The Joker’s. It was almost impossible to get out of it.

“Sorry Caprice, but I gotta take you somewhere,” he said not looking sorry at all. That stupid smile hadn’t left his face. I watched him bring his hand up, but before I could comprehend what he was going to do with it, I felt a sharp pain on the back of my neck and my vision blurred before I completely blacked out.

~*~

The Joker sat on top of the apartment roof laying down looking at the sky. He wanted to clear his mind of everything Caprice related. That stupid woman was making him soft and he hated it. He didn’t need a weakness right now with The Riddler around and she was definitely considered a weakness.

The clown sighed and sat up. At the moment, he was completely out of character and it was all her fault. Maybe he should just get rid of her… No he couldn’t do that; he’s already too attached to her.

The Joker felt like growling at himself. He let himself get in too deep with a pretty girl and now there’s no turning back. That kiss he had with her actually made him feel something other than hate and evil. It felt…nice and that’s something he hasn’t felt in a very long time.

The sound of his phone ringing brought him out of his thoughts.

“What is it, Doc?” he asked in his clown voice.

“Uh Boss, we might have a problem…” The Joker narrowed his eyes and stood up while dusting himself off.

“What kind of problem would that be?” he asked slowly.

“…Caprice is missing—“

“What?” The Joker practically roared into the phone. His hand tightened on the cell phone so tight that it could have broken at any moment.

“We uh can’t find Happy either…” The Joker snapped his phone shut and fled back downstairs into the living room where all his men had congregated.

“What happened?” he asked Doc as soon as he was in ear shot.

“Caprice went outside on the balcony awhile ago and I went out there to tell her to come back in, but she was gone. I know Happy was out there taking a smoke, but neither of them ever came back in,” Doc said.

The Joker strode over to said balcony and went out on it. Like Doc said no one was there and a cigarette bud was on the ground. The Joker looking around for anything and saw a sticky note on the balcony below them. The Joker went down the stairs to the one where the sticky note was and read it.

Sorry Boss, well Joker, but I need to take Caprice with me. See, The Riddler and I made a deal and if I give her to him, I get a reward. It’s all for the better so we’re good, right? Cool. See ya around (:

The Joker crumpled the note up and shoved it in his pocket before going back up the stairs where Doc was waiting for him.

“What was it?”

“Nothing, I’m going out.”

“Wait, where?!” Doc called after his pissed off boss.

“Wherever she is,” he snapped and walked out the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: Reviews please! Comments = LOVE

Thanks to:
Baiser De La Mort
Alice..
beckrexz
HerInfernalMuse
imaxmusic.artxbaby
(: